TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Son's Terlingua Garage...

Blip

My youngest son just turned 13 on the 10th and sort of had his own Shelby Birthday Bash as he got a few 1/18 scale diecasts and accessories.

Here's a peek at the current dioramas set up in his room.

(He already had the black one and just got the orange version, CS figure, shop workers, more shop equipment, and car show display stuff.)

He's also a big MOPAR fan which explains the 70 Challenger project car and 71 Charger.

ClosetScenes.jpg

Looks great Blip! And quite realistic too. Your son has accurately placed the Ford cars in a car show winning awards, and the Chrysler cars (as well as a Chevy truck) up on a lift or with the hood up getting repaired which is exactly how most Chrysler and Chevy cars are seen in real life too! :hysterical:

Looks great Blip! And quite realistic too. Your son has accurately placed the Ford cars in a car show winning awards, and the Chrysler cars (as well as a Chevy truck) up on a lift or with the hood up getting repaired which is exactly how most Chrysler and Chevy cars are seen in real life too! :hysterical:

Good one... :hysterical:

Very sweet set-up your son put together. :salute:

My youngest son just turned 13 on the 10th and sort of had his own Shelby Birthday Bash as he got a few 1/18 scale diecasts and accessories.

Here's a peek at the current dioramas set up in his room.

(He already had the black one and just got the orange version, CS figure, shop workers, more shop equipment, and car show display stuff.)

He's also a big MOPAR fan which explains the 70 Challenger project car and 71 Charger.

ClosetScenes.jpg

That's great...start them young....:play: He's going to have one nice garage when he is in his 50's. His generation is going to be the future buyers of our car now. And those low mile GT500 or Terlingua's are not going to be cheap :spend:

Blip,

a few years ago;maybe 37-38 I was doing exactly that;now my scale is 1:1

very cool and I applaud the diversity;we aren't non denominational we're multi-denominational with Mopars,GMs and even a Nash!

Cool set up

Doc Scott

Thanks eveyone! My son is real proud of his collection and works hard on constantly improving the displays.

He's like the curator of a diecast museum--he has got more cars than display space, so he has to rotate vehicles out of storage.

Blip,

a few years ago;maybe 37-38 I was doing exactly that;now my scale is 1:1

very cool and I applaud the diversity;we aren't non denominational we're multi-denominational with Mopars,GMs and even a Nash!

Cool set up

Doc Scott

DOC Scott--As a teen, I owned 2 Mustangs, a 350 SS Nova and an AMX, so I've encouraged him to expanded his collection

which includes American, European and Asian brands.

Here's his room back in December.

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

Thanks all! :D

(Doc S--he's just starting to get interested in posters)

Wow very nice. How many does he have?

He has about 40 in 1/18th scale, but he also uses some of my 75+ car collection in that scale.

Probably 200-300 in the 1/64th, where I may have over 1000 in that size, some are even stored at our farm in Missouri.

My main collection is in the 1/43 scale cars:

1-43Models.jpg

Here's a close -up of a few of my special 1/43rd ones:

PC120006.jpg

• 1 month later...

Seeing as there is a post about this section being too quiet, here's my son's latest "Closet Shelf Dioramas."

He just added the old country road garage last weekend, and created the junkyard out back. Had the Terlingua's stopping by to fill up their tanks.

Of course, there had to be a winged Daytona in there somewhere. (After we finish the move to Missouri this summer, plan to do some of these with full landscaping.)

Bottom is a new race shop scene using 1/18 th cars. He found some new "workers" as we were loading some of his old toys into the shipping Pod.

Mar2010Set01.jpg

Moving to Missouri , With you being that close we'll be looking for you to come to Mid America and cruise down to Tejas!

Where in Missouri?

Doc Scott

Hope to make it next year, as this Summer will be too crazy with the move and starting construction on a new home too.

We're going to live in the old farm house, while having a new home built behind it (that should keep us busy for the the next year and a half).

Our farm is about 40 miles east of Kansas City, and just a bit north of I-70

• 2 months later...

My son has added a new one today, the Greenlight 67 Tribute Racer, (Had all A's and B's in last marking period so this was his bonus.)

It's got some great detailing with full street interior.

Then gathered the other Terlingua Ponies for a group shot which lead to a bigger group photo of most of our 1/18th

Shelby minatures, (we missed a few as they are part of different displays all around our home).

67TerlinguaSet01.jpg

67TerlinguaSet02.jpg

My son has added a new one today, the Greenlight 67 Tribute Racer, (Had all A's and B's in last marking period so this was his bonus.)

It's got some great detailing with full street interior.

Then gathered the other Terlingua Ponies for a group shot which lead to a bigger group photo of most of our 1/18th

Shelby minatures, (we missed a few as they are part of different displays all around our home).

67TerlinguaSet01.jpg

67TerlinguaSet02.jpg

Very Nice!

VB

Thanks--and yes, I do think he has a large hunk of the motorhead DNA. :D

(Except his may have more of the 5 point star MOPAR type--Chargers and Challengers are tops on his favorites list.)

(Sorry for the slow answer, just got back from a weekend get-away to Atlantic City to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.) :D

It's available from several sources and is made by GreenLight. Ordered ours from Diecastauto.com.

Hope to make it next year, as this Summer will be too crazy with the move and starting construction on a new home too.

We're going to live in the old farm house, while having a new home built behind it (that should keep us busy for the the next year and a half).

Our farm is about 40 miles east of Kansas City, and just a bit north of I-70

Welcome (soon...) to the neighborhood... I live about 40 miles just south of KC...

Don't forget to put SHELBYFEST in Hermann on your calendar for April 2011...

Gregg

07SGT0547

Archived