TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anyone put on the KR mufflers?

I have a question for Shelby GT guys with the 4.6 motor.

I have a good friend with a 05 Mustang GT with a blower .... puts out 500 hp at the rear wheels ... real sweet car.

Will these KR mufflers fit this car ? I think they should .... and has anyone with a Shelby GT put the KR mufflers on ???

If so ... how do u like the sound with the 4.6 motor ??

A friend of mine was thinking of putting them on his GT but said all the forum research he did said they are too loud on the 4.6 and almost everyone removed them. I've never heard them myself on one so I can't say myself. I added the FRPP stingers to mine and love them. A little droning but I don't mind.

I have a question for Shelby GT guys with the 4.6 motor.

I have a good friend with a 05 Mustang GT with a blower .... puts out 500 hp at the rear wheels ... real sweet car.

Will these KR mufflers fit this car ? I think they should .... and has anyone with a Shelby GT put the KR mufflers on ???

If so ... how do u like the sound with the 4.6 motor ??

I put them on with my American Racing 1 5/8" Headers with an H Pipe and my wife could hear me drive to work..... the entire way about 2/3 of a mile around a corner full of woods.

So I went back to the SGT's that came on it and it is still very loud thanks to the LT's. I sold the KR's to a fellow Team Shelby Member

Good Luck on deciding

Andrew

I put the KR's on SGT/SC 2873 and love them! Gives it a much deeper sound at idle w/ no drone at all. When I get into the boost, it's like music to your ears! I am all stock for the headers back to the KR's . Craig :happy feet:

+1 on the KR mufflers. I installed them at christmas on my SGTC-0089. DEEP sound. No drone.

Archived