TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HERTZ Production numbers

I think it is 517 2006 coupes and 500 2007 converts. This should be very close.

I think that we'll have to wait for sure until the registry comes out. I've seen people from SA swear that there were only 500 06 coupes and others swear that there are 517 so......

However I have never seen any evidence of a plate number greater than 500. So if they are out there, you would think that we would have seen some by now. All the executive cars that I've seen have been in the 300's.

Question, maybe it has been answered already. What was the total production?

The official Hertz production run that we are tracking in the Shelby American Registry is 500 cars for each year. Were there prototype or pre-production cars? Yes but they were not part of the actual production run.

Steve

The official Hertz production run that we are tracking in the Shelby American Registry is 500 cars for each year. Were there prototype or pre-production cars? Yes but they were not part of the actual production run.

Steve

Steve, is that why the write-up in front of the Hertz in SAI says 517, the proto types etc?

Steve, is that why the write-up in front of the Hertz in SAI says 517, the proto types etc?

Harald

We need to keep actual production numbers separate from any prototype cars. If you start mixing the two you will skew the production breakdown because the prototype cars will always come up as one of one or something similar.

It's just like the GT500 cars. We track the actual production cars and not every prototype or pre-production mule made. And no I have no idea on how many of those Ford built/crushed for the GT500 program ;)

Steve

Agreed!! i dont think even SAI knows. Oh Yeah.......Still waiting on this so called registry...(2 Years) :lurk:

You have to be paitent on the registry. You see SAAC (the club that takes care of all 60's Shelby's and their history) takes along time to put together such a huge undertaking. Their last registry came out in 1997, before that 1987. SAAC just came out with an lupdated registry and it only covers early Cobras, Daytonas, ....ect. The new registry for the 1965 to 1967 Shelby's is not due out for another 2 years. That makes the gap between registries for the 65 to 67 Shelby 14 years. The 68 to 70 Shelby is not due for a couple years after that making it 16 years between registries. These books are excellent and worth the wait.

Sooooooooo..... two years so far is not much. It takes a massive effort to put these things out. Patience is key in order to get a quality registry. Patience grasshopper, patience.

QSS

Did you pull the trigger Louis? Inquiring minds wanna know :)

Well...YES, as you saw last night. I am now a two Shelby owner. Purchased 07H459.

Quick Silver Shelby, I see you point, SAI ha allot of issues with-in the company, so I can see that this will take some time. Also with many cars still unsold (Shelbt Gt) and Hertz just now coming out of rental service, all owners cant be identified.

I just wish that looking at their computers, they could at least identify production numbers.

Sooooooooo..... two years so far is not much. It takes a massive effort to put these things out. Patience is key in order to get a quality registry. Patience grasshopper, patience.

QSS

Thanks QSS. We also need to keep in mind that SAAC had their cars registered over a 35+ year time span so it was a little easier to keep up with it. Yes I agree we have the advantage of computer power but as great as that is there is still many thousands of hours of good old hand work and the registry got a little back logged as we keep trying to improve it for the benefit of the members.

Steve

Archived