TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My baby!

ShelbyGal

Nice pic's. We've wanted to get a bike, but hubby was hit by a drunk driver and has three bulged disks in his lower back. A bike would force him into an early retirement.

I really love the background. That's my dream place to move to, Washington. Hubby thinks I'm nuts. He's never been there, I was born there. That's where I want to retire...

Karen

If you do retire here, there is not state income tax so you will get more bang for your buck. My father just moved here from Oregon where they have a state income tax and now he is getting more money on his pension check. The sales tax is 7.6% but it is still cheaper here.

Yes, the stripe is getting fixed. As far as alignment... maybe it's the camera angle. I haven't seen an alignment problem.

If this car were a motorcycle, I'd have bugs in my teeth!

Gald to hear they are going to fix it for you.

The other stripe I'm talking about is the section between the upper & lower grilles. Look where the seams meet at the outside edge (on the Cobra side of the grille)

I think a lot of them got out this way & I talking to my dealer about replacing mine cause where soem of the seams meet up I not happy about the 1/8th inch misalignment. I wonder if the installers are stretching the decal causing some stripes to get narrow?

Anyways the car looks great & I happy you were able to get one :happy feet:

Looks like the stripe is torn on the leading edge of the hood stripe (near the passenger headlight) & down on the front bumber below the grill an alignment issue? If so is the dealer going to fit it?

Yes! As said dealer/salesperson, we are going to fix her stripes....although I keep suggesting she paint them on. :)

Ladis

I only have pics from the dealers. As you can see it was kept in good company.

I will have more pics when the sun is out and I'm home.

Karen

post-7837-1168054600_thumb.jpg

post-7837-1168054620_thumb.jpg

Looks familiar!

Thats one beautiful Shelby...the GT ain't bad either. Oh, since someone here asked, thats the only 2005 GT painted in that color scheme. Thats why we still have it!

Yes! As said dealer/salesperson, we are going to fix her stripes....although I keep suggesting she paint them on. :)

Ladis

Looks familiar!

Thats one beautiful Shelby...the GT ain't bad either. Oh, since someone here asked, thats the only 2005 GT painted in that color scheme. Thats why we still have it!

Huh...I've personally seen several GT's painted in the Gulf Oil color scheme. You have a second one across the street at GAS. Now...the rims, I'll give you, are the first I've seen with that look. But, I have to tell you that those rims do not belong on that car and could be the real reason you haven't sold it yet. Just trying to help!

Ladis

Looks familiar!

Are you sure ? My dealer in Vancouver B.C had one last summer in Gulf colors.

Ladis

Looks familiar!

Ladis,

They should've been painted on to begin with. So glad you suggested it! I'm sure my salesman would be willing to pay for it. Got the visor, THANKS! It'll go in as soon as I'm home long enough. Maybe this weekend while I pack for vacation. Poor car still sits in the garage, covered. I've put 6 miles on it since I got it home.

Off to work!

Karen

Huh...I've personally seen several GT's painted in the Gulf Oil color scheme. You have a second one across the street at GAS. Now...the rims, I'll give you, are the first I've seen with that look. But, I have to tell you that those rims do not belong on that car and could be the real reason you haven't sold it yet. Just trying to help!

Those other Gulf colored GT's are from the 2006 model year although on GT window stickers, they don't normally have a year. That car originally started as a white car with no stripes. We painted it and the wheels were put on for affect. I'm not a fan of the wheels either, but the car was made for attention, and that it gets! That hasn't stopped us from selling the car, though...wheels come off ya know! ;)

Karen,

Remember, you have to take her out and blow the cob webs out at least once a week! :)

-Ladis

Karen,

Remember, you have to take her out and blow the cob webs out at least once a week! :)

-Ladis

I notice you didn't comment on my salesman painting on the stripes!? It needs to be fixed before the show at Knott's!

I did "take her out and blew the cob webs off." Got her up to 110. Had a friend with me and didn't want to scare her, so I stopped there. Felt like I was doing 60.

I had a bunch of cars, older clunckers catching up with me, so I kept going faster. Then I realized they were speeding up to check out the car!

I did "take her out and blew the cob webs off." Got her up to 110. Had a friend with me and didn't want to scare her, so I stopped there. Felt like I was doing 60.

I had a bunch of cars, older clunckers catching up with me, so I kept going faster. Then I realized they were speeding up to check out the car!

I notice you didn't comment on my salesman painting on the stripes!? It needs to be fixed before the show at Knott's!

For what its worth, I had mine painted on. Do you already know what it will cost?

For what its worth, I had mine painted on. Do you already know what it will cost?

I have no idea what it'll cost. I keep giving Ladis a hard time because he is my salesman. I figure he made enough commission to pay for it. :D

Maybe someday I'll get it done. For now I just want to fix the stripe on the hood.

Karen

I have no idea what it'll cost. I keep giving Ladis a hard time because he is my salesman. I figure he made enough commission to pay for it. :D

Maybe someday I'll get it done. For now I just want to fix the stripe on the hood.

Karen

Glad to hear you're all going to be at Knott's!! We'll be bringing down a Las Vegas contingent to the show again this year (3rd year in a row) and Ill be bringing my Shelby as well as probably my '93 Cobra. Look forward to meeting you all there in April!!

Karen

Well, I hadn't commented because I'm still waiting for the reply to memo I sent "upstairs" about getting you free stripes...I'm still waiting and certainly not holding my breathe, but I'll keep trying for you! Lets talk tommorow about getting those stripes fixed before the knotts show if possible.

Ladis

Archived