TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Couple of questions

Revitup1028

I've been researching the Terlingua build for the better part of a month now, and I can't seem to find answers to my questions. So I'd like to ask them here. I have already contacted Shelby but so far, I've been ignored.

• How customizable is the package? (for example, I don't want the push-button start)

• If it is at all, does it affect the final price?

• If I already have a part on my mustang (ex. the rear spoiler), do I have to still pay for the identical Terlingua one that will end up not being used?

• Is it possible to have the parts ordered and then once everything is in (paid for, of course), drop off the car?

• Would it speed up the build?

• Do I have to get the branding on the side of the car?

Given with what I've read and the already lack of communication from Shelby regarding this issue, I am wary enough of the build that I'm leaning toward not doing this conversion.

The 2+ month wait with being unsure of what you're getting until it's back in your hands is a complete deal breaker for me. I can't be without my car that long. I'm sure the car is a dream once you get it back, but there's no way I can deal with any sort of "unknown" or insanely long separation.

However, if I can nail down details, I would feel a lot better about spending $11,000+

But everything seems to be clouded with mystery. Something is said one place then contradicted someplace else (ex: a little over a year ago the price was 3k less than what it is now). I'd like to suggest to Shelby to spend some time to police and solidify the marketing materials. Several sites still list wheels and tires as part of the base package ( http://www.tasca.com...o?page=s_shelby ) .

My ultimate goal here to to turn my V6 into something I would proudly pass onto my children down the road and they, in turn, would be proud to have it. I don't see that happening without a Shelby performance upgrade and, more specifically, a registration number on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been researching the Terlingua build for the better part of a month now, and I can't seem to find answers to my questions. So I'd like to ask them here. I have already contacted Shelby but so far, I've been ignored.

• How customizable is the package? (for example, I don't want the push-button start)

• If it is at all, does it affect the final price?

• If I already have a part on my mustang (ex. the rear spoiler), do I have to still pay for the identical Terlingua one that will end up not being used?

• Is it possible to have the parts ordered and then once everything is in (paid for, of course), drop off the car?

• Would it speed up the build?

• Do I have to get the branding on the side of the car?

Given with what I've read and the already lack of communication from Shelby regarding this issue, I am wary enough of the build that I'm leaning toward not doing this conversion.

The 2+ month wait with being unsure of what you're getting until it's back in your hands is a complete deal breaker for me. I can't be without my car that long. I'm sure the car is a dream once you get it back, but there's no way I can deal with any sort of "unknown" or insanely long separation.

However, if I can nail down details, I would feel a lot better about spending $11,000+

But everything seems to be clouded with mystery. Something is said one place then contradicted someplace else (ex: a little over a year ago the price was 3k less than what it is now). I'd like to suggest to Shelby to spend some time to police and solidify the marketing materials. Several sites still list wheels and tires as part of the base package ( http://www.tasca.com...o?page=s_shelby ) .

My ultimate goal here to to turn my V6 into something I would proudly pass onto my children down the road and they, in turn, would be proud to have it. I don't see that happening without a Shelby performance upgrade and, more specifically, a registration number on it.

Hi Randall,

In answer to your email. For myself I would rather have a five minutes phone conversation rather than ten plus emails back and forth. Main reason is to get your feeling on the build itself. No email can get the tone of your voice and inflection of the conversation. I have sold fine wine for years(pretty hard people to read are shop owners) and I know cars and car people. If you would still like the information, call me! Thanks Eric

By the way, we do more than just build Shelbys here!

[/font]

Hi Randall,

There are a few options you can choose to do and not do. I would suggest if you want to, call me on my cell phone 702-683-7096 and I would be more than happy to discuss the package to you persoanlly. I can go over options, packages, pricing, time frames etc. I could do it on here, but it could look confusing. If you would rather have me call you, I can do that too. If you want me to call, shoot me an email at Bud's email addy with a good number to contact you and a good time to call. If you want an early call, keep in mind that I do get here at work at 3:30am. If you do not want a call at 6:30am your time, please let me know LOL :)

Thanks,

Bud

Archived