TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 vs 2009 super snake

2008_shelby_gt500_super_snake.jpg the orange one is the 2009 and the red one is the 2010 and i dont know which i would prefer to buy any suggestions ?

Go for the 2010 SS. You get the latest technology. OR, wait for the 2011 and see what changes it includes! However, while you're waiting... you're not driving. Only YOU can decide what's more important.

^Not even close to the SS. I've read reports that the 2011 GT500 won't exist and will instead be replaced by the GT350. I've also read reports that the GT350 will be built in Vegas and the GT500 production will continue as it has out of SVT, which would probably mean a 2011 SS out of Shelby American. If massive, streetable power is your goal, you want the SS. I'd snag the Grabber Orange 2009 in a moment and never look back. Good luck

Ken

I'm thinking performance will be very similar for both so it's going to come down to looks. Which bodystyle do you prefer? Also keep in mind the 2010 has better aerodynamics so higher speeds may be a little more stable in the newer model.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe that 2010 Super Snakes are limited to 500 units, where as the 2009 will be 1000. I would pick the 2010 for that reason alone. Mark

I thought it was 1000 - 07's, 1000 - 08's and 500 - 09's?<<<Maybe not............ I have not heard a number for the 2010's yet.

R

I thought it was 1000 - 07's, 1000 - 08's and 500 - 09's?<<<Maybe not............ I have not heard a number for the 2010's yet.

R

According to the 2009 Shelby Annual, in the article featuring the Super Snakes titled "There's no replacement for displacement" they state "Shelby Automobiles says only 500 2010 Super Snakes will be built, making it one of the rarest of the breed". Perhaps a typo? Mark

It's your call. Would be easier if you could see into the future.

It is not uncommon for the first model-year of a vehicle to have some "bugs" that get fixed in later years.

Clutch and Flywheel TSB anyone?

It's a tough call though. Like what was said, while you are waiting, you are not driving. Also, you don't know what options might be added or removed or limited in future years. In hindsight (if I had it to do all over again), I would wait for a 2009 with a factory red-appearance package (with no TSB issues).

But, at the time, there were enough unknowns for me to go for it. Oh, and I still LOVE this car!

It's kind of (in my own mind) 1 of 0, 2008 coupes with the red appearance package since I did it all aftermarket. Yea, not as good from a rare value 15-20 years in the future. But to me, a rare thing.

• 2 weeks later...

After visiting SAI a couple of times this year and viewing every color of the supersnakes, the vapor really hit me,

HOWEVER, I do own a red one.

The grabber orange is an awsome color also, these 3 colors are my favorites.

the orange is very loud and you cannot disguise it if you want to.

the red is bold and people take notice

the vapor has a more gentleman look to it.

my favorite due to accessories available for 07-09 is the red with the red interior package. this is what i have.

it just depends what look you want

orange bold and loud

red is bold and strong

good luck with your decision

i know i did not help but the red is my favorite @ this time

Jerome

post-12504-126438709694_thumb.jpg

post-12504-126438709694_thumb.jpg

Archived