TEAM SHELBY FORUM

295/35-20s anyone using?

Curious if anyone happens to be using this size tire and happen to have pics. Ive seen the pics by bossreg with the 305's but the tires looks to have a little too much bulge on them for my taste.

looking at using http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/searchTiresBySize.do?ar=35&rd=20&cs=295 in the rear once I get some Alcoas

Yes,I am running Toyo Proxes 4 on my Razor 20 inch rims. Love them.

DSC00406.JPG

Curious if anyone happens to be using this size tire and happen to have pics. Ive seen the pics by bossreg with the 305's but the tires looks to have a little too much bulge on them for my taste.

looking at using http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/searchTiresBySize.do?ar=35&rd=20&cs=295 in the rear once I get some Alcoas

Ya, running 295/35/20 on rear and 275/35/20 front. Same tires

nov20_2009068.jpg

Would 305/35'/20s be OK to fun without rubbing without suspension mods?

Thinking about the Alcoas and what I can be put on 'em to fill up all that space, but not have a risk of rubbing

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/29698-3053520-on-supersnake-wheels/

I'd ask him. He eventually cut down his axle to make the tires tuck but first cranked up his coilovers to make them fit. He should know if there would be any problem with stock ride height

I'm running General Exclaim UHP 295/30 20's on the SS/Alcoa 10" wide rears for daily driving. I'm happy to provide pics if you would like to see them. Mark

I would like to see some pics of Exclaims if you have them. I am getting the alcoas this coming week and looks like the tire spec for the 295/30 is 27" tall and 11.9" wide. This seems to be the widest size that will fit properly on the alcoas with the toyo proxes coming in at 11.7. These are cheap too, how do you like them?

I would like to see some pics of Exclaims if you have them. I am getting the alcoas this coming week and looks like the tire spec for the 295/30 is 27" tall and 11.9" wide. This seems to be the widest size that will fit properly on the alcoas with the toyo proxes coming in at 11.7. These are cheap too, how do you like them?

Hirevn, so far I really like the tires for "spirited street driving". I can only really compare them to the Pirelli's that came on the car from SA. Here is what I like about them; alot of tire for the money, quieter than the Pirelli's, they hook up much better in colder temps, I did'nt have to remove my rear brake cooling ducts. I hope this helps. Mark

th_ShelbyGeneralTires003.jpg

th_ShelbyGeneralTires006.jpgth_ShelbyGeneralTires007.jpgth_ShelbyGeneralTires008.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Have you had any rubbing problems with this set up? My head has been spinning trying to figure out what I should do. I really love the looks of the Alcoas and they have been my wheel choice from day 1, until I found out about the offset issue. Either go with them and a 295 for now and then next winter when the car gets laid up send out the wheels to get streched for 315's, or get a steeda wheel thats already 11 that clears the 315/35s out of the box.

Thaks again for the pics!

Thanks for the pics! Have you had any rubbing problems with this set up? My head has been spinning trying to figure out what I should do. I really love the looks of the Alcoas and they have been my wheel choice from day 1, until I found out about the offset issue. Either go with them and a 295 for now and then next winter when the car gets laid up send out the wheels to get streched for 315's, or get a steeda wheel thats already 11 that clears the 315/35s out of the box.

Thaks again for the pics!

Absolutely no rubbing issues with this set up. Happy to help. Mark

Thanks Mark!

I have made up my mind (finally!!!) and am going with the Alcoa's. Will also be using the Exclaim UHP tire for now. What size are you running up front, 275/30 - 265/35 or 255/35? This tire looks like a good less expensive alternitve from what I was going to use, if i decide later to have the rear wheels widened I wont be out to many dollars for swapping to a wider meat.

Thanks Mark!

I have made up my mind (finally!!!) and am going with the Alcoa's. Will also be using the Exclaim UHP tire for now. What size are you running up front, 275/30 - 265/35 or 255/35? This tire looks like a good less expensive alternitve from what I was going to use, if i decide later to have the rear wheels widened I wont be out to many dollars for swapping to a wider meat.

Right now, I'm running the 255's up front. For semi-daily driving they seem to the best compromise for highway cruising and rutted-pot hole'd street handling. Mark

Has anyone purchased a pair of the Pirelli P Zero's in the 295/35ZR20 size, mounted them on the 10" Alcoa's and moved the original 275/35ZR20's to the front 9" Alcoa's?

I am wondering how the 295/35ZR20 Pirelli P Zero's fit on the 10" Alcoa's? Too much bulge? just right?

R

Would 305/35'/20s be OK to fun without rubbing without suspension mods?

Thinking about the Alcoas and what I can be put on 'em to fill up all that space, but not have a risk of rubbing

The diameter of the stock 285/40/18's on the GT500 is (+/-) 26.97". The 305/35/20's would be (+/-) 28.58". Running stock height, without suspension modifications, you should be just fine.

• 4 weeks later...

I am running Michelin Pilot PS2 295/35-20s rear and 255/35-20s front. What a difference a tire can make. Hooks much better and handles much better. It is also quieter! I found a cheaper price at Warehouse Tire and Wheels and Dicount Tire matched it. I saved $500 compared to the Costco price for all four. Worth every penny and they look better also.

blksnake

Archived