TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ebay Help

RACERX009

Hey guy's I put my BB tour on ebay for sale and this buyer scoop it up in 2 seconds for 150.00. He paid thru pay pal and it show the money on hold for 21 days. But when me and my wife looked this person up. It said that he was not a registered user and just joined on the 1st jan 2010 and on the 9th he bought a good amount of cell phones from of listers. My wife thinks it's a scam !!! It's my first time selling an item on ebay and have bought numerous items before also the buyer wanted the phones MEID #. I asked another seller if thats normal he said not usually.

What's your take on this???

Thanks

Anthony

If paypal put a 21 day hold on the funds, then you have a 21 day hold on the merchandise. When the funds clear and you withdraw them from paypal, then send the merchandise. If he wants it sooner, he needs to use a different payment method rather than echeck. Do not send the phone esid number until you ship the phones.

If paypal put a 21 day hold on the funds, then you have a 21 day hold on the merchandise. When the funds clear and you withdraw them from paypal, then send the merchandise. If he wants it sooner, he needs to use a different payment method rather than echeck. Do not send the phone esid number until you ship the phones.

+1, Ebay veteran of 9 years. No confirmed bucks, no merchandise shipped.

Thanks guys for the help, I looked all over ebay for help from the site but it's all computer generated answers. I'm just go back to my paypal and cancel the transaction and if I get feed back from ebay. Then, I will say that he raised a red flag with me and have his profile checked he bought over 9 cell phones in one day also he never responded to my email. He just sent me one saying to ship it to this address. It figures my first time and already a headache, I want to list my 05 BMW M3 rims on there but really don't want to stress over getting ripped off.

Thanks again

Anthony

Hey guy's I put my BB tour on ebay for sale and this buyer scoop it up in 2 seconds for 150.00. He paid thru pay pal and it show the money on hold for 21 days. But when me and my wife looked this person up. It said that he was not a registered user and just joined on the 1st jan 2010 and on the 9th he bought a good amount of cell phones from of listers. My wife thinks it's a scam !!! It's my first time selling an item on ebay and have bought numerous items before also the buyer wanted the phones MEID #. I asked another seller if thats normal he said not usually.

What's your take on this???

Thanks

Anthony

Paypal does some strange things and "holds" on payments is not unsual. Simply, when you get the "CONFIRMED" payment then it's safe to ship the item. Buyers that are new to Ebay cause a lot of problems. IF you decide to mail the item make sure you use a "Delivery Confirmation" which is great protection when dealing with Ebay/Paypal transactions. If you plan on selling your wheels on Ebay be very careful when quoting shipping prices. UPS is very expensive and the USPS won't touch heavier/bulky items. The safest way for shipping quotes is to weigh the wheels (with the boxes and packaging) , then input that weight into the listing set-up. Ebay will automatically calculate the shipping based on the prospective bidder's Zipcode . Ebay is a bit of a pain but I've found that if you list the item description accurately, use Delivery Confirmation, Only accept PayPal (with immediate payment feature) then you will mostly be happy with the transaction. Bottom line is that you usually get a lot more money for your items when sold on Ebay as compared with selling on classified listings, flea markets etc. Hope this helps,

Paypal does some strange things and "holds" on payments is not unsual. Simply, when you get the "CONFIRMED" payment then it's safe to ship the item. Buyers that are new to Ebay cause a lot of problems. IF you decide to mail the item make sure you use a "Delivery Confirmation" which is great protection when dealing with Ebay/Paypal transactions. If you plan on selling your wheels on Ebay be very careful when quoting shipping prices. UPS is very expensive and the USPS won't touch heavier/bulky items. The safest way for shipping quotes is to weigh the wheels (with the boxes and packaging) , then input that weight into the listing set-up. Ebay will automatically calculate the shipping based on the prospective bidder's Zipcode . Ebay is a bit of a pain but I've found that if you list the item description accurately, use Delivery Confirmation, Only accept PayPal (with immediate payment feature) then you will mostly be happy with the transaction. Bottom line is that you usually get a lot more money for your items when sold on Ebay as compared with selling on classified listings, flea markets etc. Hope this helps,

Thank you for the info!!! I ended up canceling the deal and refunded the money thru paypal. I only use paypal to buy anything online but they still had the money on pending. Plus he never responded to my email also, I looked at his other buys in 3 day he bought over 11 high end phones. He got all great feed backs for fast payment from other sellers and I have tried to contact ebay and all you get is automated answers. But emailed paypal and told them the situation so, I will sit back and see what happens but still no answers from the buyer.

Thanks again

Anthony, be sure to do a master or hard reset on the phone before you send it off to insure that all personal information and data has been removed from it.

Thank you for the info!!! I ended up canceling the deal and refunded the money thru paypal. I only use paypal to buy anything online but they still had the money on pending. Plus he never responded to my email also, I looked at his other buys in 3 day he bought over 11 high end phones. He got all great feed backs for fast payment from other sellers and I have tried to contact ebay and all you get is automated answers. But emailed paypal and told them the situation so, I will sit back and see what happens but still no answers from the buyer.

Thanks again

Anthony,

Just in case, here are some numbers that should get you to a human at eBay:

866-934-9647 press #2 after the long message

866-643-3720

888-749-3229 press #2 for cust service

EBay keeps their numbers pretty well hidden but one of these should work if you deed it.

John

Ebayer since 1996 my advice is to..................run!

I don't buy/sell to anyone with a score less than 10.

Once again thank you guy's, I ended up doing a refund thru paypal which just cancels the deal and emailed paypal to let them know what went on. I use Paypal for all my online purchases they wrote me back and they looked him up also and told me good call. I tried to get a message to ebay but everything is automated. I never heard back from the buyer and I feel bad for those other guys that sold him items.

Thanks again

Anthony

Archived