TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whould You Trade-In Your SGT for a Coyote GT350?

jaydub Mach1

Well said Roger, I can not wait until Monday

Now I just need to move south so I can own both. I will never get rid of my Shelby GT

Now that the GT350 comes in 3 colors has anyone else (besides me) considered the "trade" from a SGT to a GT350?

I work for a living, a collection of SHELBY's is not in my future. ( unless they are 1:18 scale)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO WAY IN $ELL......would I trade my sgt for a 350

I am not excited with the stripe color choice of the Blue 350 Vert. The customer should have the choice of what color the stripe would be on their own car.

I think the price for the assessories is way out of line. $1500 for a light bar? $3,000 for an interior upgrade? $5000 for painted stripes.....WOW just out of common cents I don't think the 350 is in my future.

Now the Boss 302 Laguna Seca which is about $20 grand cheaper is more of what I might be in the market for since I truely love road course racing.

I am bringing the family next weekend to the Chicago auto show so we can get a close look at both the 350 and the Boss I guess I can't make a judgement about either car until I see them both in person.

I really wanted to simply convert my car to a GT/SR but thats never going to happen because I have half the options already on my car and they will only sell the entire package so no SR package for me unless I want to pay for the entire package and keep my old parts.

I love Shelby and am glad that they are doing so well I hope they sell all 350 of the 2012 GT350's which I am sure they will.

Sounds VERY temptinng!!!!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/shelby-gt350.html

NO! Not even a consideration... plus, mine will kick the crap out of it anyway as more than a few GT500's on the track can remember my taillights

NO! Not even a consideration... plus, mine will kick the crap out of it anyway as more than a few GT500's on the track can remember my taillights

I know going to a SGT/SC is about 12-13K which is way less than going to a GT350.

I just love the new GT350's

I think i could actually buy a used GT500 and super snake it for close to the price of a GT350. just doing numbers in my head, don't quote me on that.

:finger:

No. But in no way do I feel the 350 is not an excellent choice...next car I get is going to be a classic. And I am so happy with my SGT that its a keeper. I also have too many cars now...but still want another one I am sure you can all relate...:hysterical:

I hope to finish my 56 by this summer...Blown BB Gasser with lost of glass panels and plexi windows....

I'm still hoping for these prototype cars to see the light of day as new Shelby GT's.

Yeah, Yeah, flame away on all that limited run and exclusivity of the 07/08 stuff, but I love the simple SGT look, but do envy the 5.0 and updated interior, so I want my cake and eat it too!

So how about a 2012 Shelby GT!!!

:shift:

Wait while I get my flame retardant forum suit on!

:extinguish:

concept3.jpg

concept4.jpg

concept3.jpg

concept4.jpg

I'm still hoping for these prototype cars to see the light of day as new Shelby GT's.

Yeah, Yeah, flame away on all that limited run and exclusivity of the 07/08 stuff, but I love the simple SGT look, but do envy the 5.0 and updated interior, so I want my cake and eat it too!

So how about a 2012 Shelby GT!!!

:shift:

Wait while I get my flame retardant forum suit on!

:extinguish:

I am waiting for them too!

Chris

At almost $70,000 for a GT 350 convertible, I'll keep my GT/SC convertible.

Yes, the Kona Blue GT350 vert prototype at the Chicago Auto show is about $70K (black 525 hp Whipple, no light bar, no upgraded interior and stock rear brakes) and the Race Red GT350 vert is about $90K (polished 624 hp Whipple, light bar, ungraded interior and 6 piston Baer Extreme rear brakes) per Gary Patterson.

Yes, the Kona Blue GT350 vert prototype at the Chicago Auto show is about $70K (black 525 hp Whipple, no light bar, no upgraded interior and stock rear brakes) and the Race Red GT350 vert is about $90K (polished 624 hp Whipple, light bar, ungraded interior and 6 piston Baer Extreme rear brakes) per Gary Patterson.

A coupe would save 4 - 5K.

"At almost $70,000 for a GT 350 convertible, I'll keep my GT/SC convertible."

How much did that GT/SC convertible cost you?

A coupe would save 4 - 5K.

"At almost $70,000 for a GT 350 convertible, I'll keep my GT/SC convertible."

How much did that GT/SC convertible cost you?

My SGT retailed for $47,000. The original owner bought it new for $37,000 and I bought it for less since it had 2000 miles on the car. With the GT/SC package, the wheels/tires, Revan heat exchanger and a few other upgrades, I'm in it for substantially less than a GT 350 convertible. Somewhere between $47,000 and $48,000. Not bad, but, then again, it isn't a GT 350 either - which is another fine piece of automotive technology.

My SGT retailed for $47,000. The original owner bought it new for $37,000 and I bought it for less since it had 2000 miles on the car. With the GT/SC package, the wheels/tires, Revan heat exchanger and a few other upgrades, I'm in it for substantially less than a GT 350 convertible. Somewhere between $47,000 and $48,000. Not bad, but, then again, it isn't a GT 350 either - which is another fine piece of automotive technology.

Nice set-up.

I bought mine new at 39K, a few upgrades later FORD brought back the 5.0 and i did not think of trading in.

Now shelby has a NEW GT350 and I just love it.

I could keep my SGT and be happy with it, or I can buy a GT350 and go back into debt (and be happy )

These are beautiful cars, but there's no way that I could pay that price....Of course, like they say, a car is only worth what you're willing to pay

Would I buy one at that price? If I had the money, In a heartbeat!!!!!

But, would I trade my SGT on one? NO way, it would only be.......in addition to.

......Maybe publisher's clearing house will show up this year! :mail:

The SGT is like the GT350 in the fact that there were 2 SHELBY's made in 07-08 (a 500 and a smaller car)

I don't know why our cars were not called GT350's but I am glad. Our car is not a 40th anniversary edition, it's a SHELBY GT and I smile every time I start it.

Archived