TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whould You Trade-In Your SGT for a Coyote GT350?

jaydub Mach1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't open the article. What am I doing wrong?

Here is the article.

Shelby to revive GT350 using new Mustang V8?

01/08/2010, 4:04 PM

By Andrew Ganz

Leftlane has learned that Shelby Automotive is developing a high-performance, Ford Mustang-based model using Ford’s new Coyote V8 powerplant as its base. Rumors and speculation hint that the new model could be called GT350 in honor of the historic model’s 45th anniversary this year.

A white 2010 Mustang with Ford’s new 5.0-liter V8 is reportedly being used as a developmental mule at Shelby’s Las Vegas design studios. Given that Shelby has already stated it does not intend to produce any 2010 or 2011 Shelby GTs, the company’s production facilities should have plenty of room for a new, higher volume model.

The 5.0-liter V8 car would likely slot in below Shelby’s high-performance Super Snake, which can be ordered with up to 725 horsepower. It’s unlikely that a revived GT350 would produce even as much power as the entry-level 630-horsepower Super Snake, but it will undoubtedly be a healthy upgrade over the standard 412-horsepower 5.0. The Super Snake is expected to stay in production as Shelby’s halo car.

It’s rumored that the new car – whether or not it actually uses the historic GT350 nameplate – will be unveiled at a GT350 45th anniversary gala in Scottsdale, Arizona, on January 18. That invitation-only event serves as the opening party for the annual Barrett-Jackson auction.

I'll pass too, especially on a first year, NEW production motor. Plus, considering the issues with repair delays, parts delays and the poor quality of parts found on the SGT's, my simple life has had as much anxiety as it can handle for the time being.

The street Boss will be here very soon. Patience everyone, patience.

I'll pass too, especially on a first year, NEW production motor. Plus, considering the issues with repair delays, parts delays and the poor quality of parts found on the SGT's, my simple life has had as much anxiety as it can handle for the time being.

The street Boss will be here very soon. Patience everyone, patience.

:ohsnap:

Like it was said, Why buy a new GT350 when you can buy a GT500 KR for less money. The GT350 will/should be a nice car but the $$ are going to kill it profit wise for SAI. Oh they'll sell a few by all means but the many will pass. Mark these words, they'll be had for $15K-$20K less in about 3 - 6 months.

I'll pass on a "new" GT350.

+1 I also want to see it and see what its all about. I'm looking forward to Jan 18th to see what happens.

How many people think we are selfish?

Most of us own a Shelby and we are looking at buying another one.

Doesn't it limit how many people can be in the Shelby family if we own 2 or 5 cars each?

:headscratch:

not me, I could get a roush stage 3, one of 103 made by roush nascar with 540hp out of a 4.6L. it may be along time before something this nice is done by again. price just goes up , but not the bling.

No way, I love my gt/sc to much, best car I have ever owned.

+1000.

But saying that except for the dang rearend (although it is growing on me) which I think is not retro enough, I am starting to feel like a kid collecting Hot Wheels (no pun intendeddrool.gif )....so maybe after they are a few years old and the price drops on used ones....

But the GTH's that SAI has as used demos available now would be in my garage, had my wife actually have thought she would have driven it....

In the end we really want a Pantera (loud, rustprone, hot inside and nasty as they are)next as an addition to the collection...

happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

I don't think I would trade but I would consider adding one to the herd, depending on the price.

Not to be a downer, but do others feel like I do that the new GT350 will be a disappointment

to most based on price (too high), power (not enough of an increase to the base Coyote 5.0),

and availability (low production)? Don't get me wrong: I think it will be a nice car, worthy of its

name, and I'll be happy for those who can afford it. But I have deja-vu feeling that the

criticisms leveled about the SGT will also be laid on the GT350 (specifically price and power).

This thread triggered those questions because back in Aug. I had a similar choice to

make: buy an affordable SGT now or wait for a Coyote version down the road (the hints

were strong enough back then). Ultimately the historical parallels between the 1966 GT-350

and the SGT were too strong to resist, and still are. The focus on handling, not raw power

was similar, and even the adding of a supercharger (just like in 1966) for those who

wanted both.

Now, SAI may make me eat these words if they follow the 1965 model of the GT-350: lighter,

quicker (than a 2011 GT-500 on a road course), and more hard core.

-Tom

Archived