TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Seriously!

Satellite Radio, what's it worth per month?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Does your Shelby have SIRIUS capability?

• YES
    • NO
  2. 2. If YES above, do you currently subscribe?

• YES (stop here)
    • NO
  3. 3. If NO above, at what monthly rate below would you subscribe? (radio service only)

• $12.95 (current monthly retail rate)
    • $9.95
    • $6.95
    • $3.95
  4. 4. How much extra per month would you pay for Travel-Link?

• $5.99 (current monthly retail rate)
    • $3.99
    • $1.99
  5. 5. If monthly SIRIUS service is too expensive, do you...

• Listen to FM/AM radio?
    • Purchase online music for your iPod, Zune, MP3 etc.?
    • Purchase Compact Discs?

Given that many of our Shelby's see low mileage every month (or none at all during the winter), at what monthly subscription rate does it make sense for us to have the service? Let's send SIRIUS a message with this poll. After all, there are over 25k GT500's roaming the USA and many are potential customers whose business they might want to consider, seriously!

Given that many of our Shelby's see low mileage every month (or none at all during the winter), at what monthly subscription rate does it make sense for us to have the service? Let's send SIRIUS a message with this poll. After all, there are over 25k GT500's roaming the USA and many are potential customers whose business they might want to consider, seriously!

The poll won't let you complete the vote with just the first two as yes. :banghead: I bought a lifetime subcription a few years ago for $299 if I remember right, I hope I get my money's worth.

I refuse to pay for sat radio to still hear commercials or them same damn thing over and over. I had the free 6 months on first the car and then the truck. I listened to the comedy channels, and they never put on new material. Why pay to listen to the same thing over and over?

I had XM in one vehicle and Sirius in another starting in 2004. Enjoyed both, but always liked Sirius better. It seems like since the merger the programming has gone downhill on both; repeat material, commercials, etc. I decided to cancel both. I called sirius and canceled, and they bugged the crap out of me for two months even after i asked repeatedly not to call anymore. XM, I forgot to call so they turned it off, a month later I get a letter from a collection agency for $147. I call their customer disservice and am told I owe them $18 for the time between my subsciption expired and the time they turned it off. They act like they're going to send Vinny over to break my knee caps if they don't get their $18. There's good reason why neither company has ever made a profit.

I had XM in one vehicle and Sirius in another starting in 2004. Enjoyed both, but always liked Sirius better. It seems like since the merger the programming has gone downhill on both; repeat material, commercials, etc. I decided to cancel both. I called sirius and canceled, and they bugged the crap out of me for two months even after i asked repeatedly not to call anymore. XM, I forgot to call so they turned it off, a month later I get a letter from a collection agency for $147. I call their customer disservice and am told I owe them $18 for the time between my subsciption expired and the time they turned it off. They act like they're going to send Vinny over to break my knee caps if they don't get their $18. There's good reason why neither company has ever made a profit.

My name's not Vinny! :jackinbox:

Just to show ya how much I know, how much I pay attention.... What the heck is Travel-Link?

When I had the service it was okay, but here in the Pocono mountians of Pennsylvania most of the back roads are tree covered and you keep losing the signal! For the little bit I drive the car it's just not worth it. If I would have had the option (I bought it off the lot) I wouldn't have gotten it. Not to mention that stupid looking gizmo in the middle of the trunk!

Seems that the Poll is flawed. If you answer yes to the first 2 questions (where it says "if yes stop here") you get an error message. Anyway I do subscribe to Sirius. Lifetime as long as the Shelby is in my name for $300 + ? If you travel some it beats looking for new channels every hundred miles or so. One trip through the mountains of Virginia & NC while trying to listen to a Nascar race made a believer out of me.

Jim

I've added it to my '05 but have never got around to activating it - that may happen this year as I'm going to add it to my DD too (I already have all the components to add to my DVD HU so what the heck). I'll probably just throw a one year subscription on the DD (I believe the stang should then get the at half price.

I have a little Delphi XM2GO receiver that goes from home to car and to office. I love it and can't think of what my day would be without it. It would be so limiting to only have it in the car. However I hate paying for "commercial free" radio that is now riddled with commercials. There should be a substantial price drop since they are now accepting advertising dollars... :redcard:

I have a subscription for Sirius, and have so for 5 years (free music in Connecticut sucks). I don't mind the $13.99/ month and buy it at a year at a time and get a discount equivalent to 11months.

My complaint is the fees for the additional radios under the main account. My Shelby and my wife's daily driver add an additional $6.99 each per month. This is outrageous!

All additional radios under the main account should be no more than an $1.99/month with a one time $20.00 activation fee.

Worse yet, all subscribers will be seeing the rates go up (plus fees will be assessed for internet streaming, formerly free)... AND NOW there is a Music Usage surcharge being levied on subscribers to "help keep the US Music Industry above water."

Further, if you call for subscription service using the 800 number, be prepared to speak to someone in the Phillipines (No Joke).

-QC

I use pandora internet radio at work pretty cool stuff as well...

+1 on Pandora, if I was to order a new car I'd rather spend the extra money on performance rather than the satellite radio. Plus my I-phone is 16gigs so I store my own favorite tunes and since I pay for internet I can get new tunes via Pandora.

have used it in rental cars and the company cars that have the 6 month trial. The gt500 did not come with it and I like not having the ugly wart on the trunk. Good value nah; listen to my CD player when there is no FM.

My car is driven daily and is not a "garage Queen" so I use Sirius every day and love it. I have it on my SGT and the wife's Ford 500. Perfect reception on long trips. Also the cost is way below the $12.95 monthly you stated in your post . I pay $180 yearly total for TWO cars.

I've had Serius for years, even have it in the house and listen to it on the computer. It was 10X better before the merger with XM. Granted, I don't use it as much in the Shelby as I do in the other cars, but it's still nice to have and I'd miss it if it wasn't there.

I did have an occasion to call them recently and that was a terrible experience. Their cust. service has gone straight to hell. In fact, if it had been my first call to them, ever, I never would have subscribed to the service.

I know they've changed their pricing structure recently and when, in the future, I have to consider whether I want to continue using them or not, I may reconsider. They are shooting themselves in the foot with their lack of customer service and foolish pricing.

John headscratch.gif

This summer I bought Sarah a 2009 Ford Flex AWD Limited and last night Sirius called me to sell us a two year subscription for $240.00 I said to them Hey my buddy Randy bought a lifetime subscription for $500 so I ended up buying the lifetime subscription and then I mentioned to them that I bought a 3 year subscription for the Shelby and that I am pissed that nobody mentioned the lifetime subscription at that time I also mentioned that I only drive the Shelby 5 months out of the year so she said that now they have a deal that you can call them to put it on hold while the car is in storage or they can upgrade my subscription to a lifetime minus the 1.5 years that I have already used so it would cost about $300 to upgrade my current Shelbys subscription to a lifetime. So I said Okay then after they took my credit card number for the Flex's subscription they transfered me to customer service in INDIA I sat on hold for 35 minutes and they couldn't even find the Shelby on my account so they asked me for the VIN and of course I didn't have it on me so now I have to call them back. I agree there customer service is Horrible and its not really worth the money for the lifetime subscription unless you are going to have the car forever

I got my Shelby with the 6 months free.....I enjoyed listening to Classic Vinyl and a few other stations.......2 years later they finally turned it off.......

I dont miss it....and certainly wont sign up again in light of the comments posted here regarding commercials and programming and customer service...

its just not worth the expense and hassle in a car I drive 7 months a year........

and sorry guys, I wouldnt have forked over cash for a "lifetime" contract considering the fact that their business is in such financial trouble.

Well, I like Sirius and use it everyday in both my daily driver and on-line. I have it in my Terlingua as well, but I enjoy the exhaust note much better than any radio or cd. Sirius offers a number of programs such as classic radio programing of the 1930's through the 1950's that I enjoy. They also have several classic rock stations with some of my favorite radio DJ's (Wolfman Jack...Cousen Brucey etc). I also like the political talk stations. It does cost a bit much, but hey everything does nowadays. So, I'll keep it....oh, and you are right about the lousy customer service....it's offshore and very bad...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived