TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quantam Mod Shop in Dallas

I have called these folks 3 times and emailed Kenny at least 6 times and CANT get them to return a call or reply to an email to setup my car to be snaked. I just had a few questions. Is this the type of service I am gonna receive from these guys...scary !! Do I need to deal directly with Las Vegas ? I live in Oklahoma and shipping my car just 150 miles to south was gonna be a lot less expensive.

I have called these folks 3 times and emailed Kenny at least 6 times and CANT get them to return a call or reply to an email to setup my car to be snaked. I just had a few questions. Is this the type of service I am gonna receive from these guys...scary !! Do I need to deal directly with Las Vegas ? I live in Oklahoma and shipping my car just 150 miles to south was gonna be a lot less expensive.

You hammered it pretty well my friend. Hit it right on the head.

what are you having done ?

You need to talk with Chris Carter (drhvac). He has just had a two month experience with Quantum. Chris is here in Vegas now, without his car. He would be a good source of information. It is not a pretty story. Chris is also from Oklahoma.

Jim

Why not pay them a visit in person and be sure to bring tons of toll money. :banghead::hysterical:

That's what I did and I got A LOT of info about getting the Terlingua Conversion done and I also got to see one that was finished. I've heard mix stories some very great and some were horrible. I live like an hour and a half away, so sending my car to Vegas seems just foolish. Either way just think why would SAI approve Quantum if they weren't great to fulfill expectations.

Send it to LV. You will be happy.

AAHH--DON'T EXPECT MUCH MORE FROM VEGAS. THEY 'FAILED' TO INSTALL THE CORRECT SPARK PLUGS IN THE KB 735HP VERSION. THEY WON'T ADMIT IT OR EVEN HAVE THE DECENCE TO NOTIFY THE OWNERS AND THAT MY FRIEND IS ONLY THE VERY TIP OF THE ICEBERG. AFTER THE BRUTAL 'DISCOVERY' PORTION OF SOME OWNER(S) WHO HAVE HAD PROBLEMS I WONDER WHO GETS TO ANSWER THE JUDGES QUESTIONS LIKE 'YOU MEAN AFTER READING THE KB LITERATURE AND REALIZING YOU HAD THE VERY WRONG PLUGS IN AN ENGINE LIKE THIS YOU DID NOTHING--NOTHING--YOU SAID NOTHING AND WHO WAS IN THE R&D DEPARTMENT OF THIS SELF ACCLAIMED SUPER HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPANY --NOT MUCH IMAGINATION AS TO WHERE THIS GOES. IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME

Wow, sounds a lot like the last shop SAI had a relationship with from Dallas. The guys at that place were making the "Eleanor" Mustang (Unique Performance). They had all kinds of legal issues. I hope this place does not end up the same. Maybe SAI needs to think about moving their relationships away from the Dallas area. I am sure there are a few good places either here in Houston, or in Austin, or San Antonio that would love a shot at being an official mod shop.

Wow, sounds a lot like the last shop SAI had a relationship with from Dallas. The guys at that place were making the "Eleanor" Mustang (Unique Performance). They had all kinds of legal issues. I hope this place does not end up the same. Maybe SAI needs to think about moving their relationships away from the Dallas area. I am sure there are a few good places either here in Houston, or in Austin, or San Antonio that would love a shot at being an official mod shop.

Unique's problems weren't just legal or civil issues, many were criminal issues.

I am shocked that anyone has had a bad experience with Quantum. After getting treated so poorly by SAI in Vegas and also their numerous "promises" that are annoying, I was going no where but Quantum. They were fantastic. They gave me complete transparency throughout the build process and have been great ever since. Every thing I have asked of them they jumped on. Not only that but my quality is great.

I am shocked that anyone has had a bad experience with Quantum. After getting treated so poorly by SAI in Vegas and also their numerous "promises" that are annoying, I was going no where but Quantum. They were fantastic. They gave me complete transparency throughout the build process and have been great ever since. Every thing I have asked of them they jumped on. Not only that but my quality is great.

I agree. I took my car in on a Monday morning and left Dallas that Friday afternoon! The guys were absolutely great and jumped thru hoops to get it done. If I were having problems, I would just pick up the phone and call Glen. Craig

+1. Their sevice is great. Had rear extreme brakes installed on my Terlingua and some other mod work (non-Shelby) and it all came out great. But remember who (by contract) they have to get their Shelby parts from and they can only install what they get shipped.

I do fault them for their feedback. They should at least give status updates when contacted even if it is not good regarding parts delivery. But lack of timely feedback sounds very similar to some stories out of Las Vagas also. I am also of the opinion their Shelby contract may bind them to "toe the line" and provide no negative feedback from a "Team Shelby" perspective, but I have no way of verifying.

Anyway, I visit their shop at least every other month and find them working diligently on various Shelby's as long as they have parts.

I was still waiting on my red rear brake kit from SAI for my 40th that was ordered late Nov, but now see where I got a UPS tracking number this week. BTW, Quantum will be doing the install once I get the parts !!

Contact Kenny or Mike Wilson directly as I always hear back...albeit a slow response at times.

Ultimately, I think it all comes down to WHO you are sadly. Some people can pick up the phone and get through almost anytime. Apparently, Im not one of those people. :hysterical:

I had to work VERY hard to get ahold of Kenny for a simple YES or NO answer to a question, to accomodate him on his issue, and it took me a month, and still was told, I'll get back to you in 24 hours...that was in September. Never heard a peep back, and I had to cover a no show cost because I didnt want to tell him he couldn't eat if he decided to show up.

Im not bad mouthing him or the company, because I havent done business with them specifically. But I can certainly understand the drama involved in getting ahold of him.

My mods will go through Vegas. I want SAI on my plaque...nothing else. What I saw this weekend at the bash was nothing short of amazing. There were 4 or 5 cases of cars needing work, and SAI put everything aside to work on attendees' cars to get them back on the track....and they were working around the clock to boot, on Saturday even... :salute:

Strangely, Quantum and Tasca didnt have anyone there that I saw.

Ultimately, I think it all comes down to WHO you are sadly. Some people can pick up the phone and get through almost anytime. Apparently, Im not one of those people. :hysterical:

I had to work VERY hard to get ahold of Kenny for a simple YES or NO answer to a question, to accomodate him on his issue, and it took me a month, and still was told, I'll get back to you in 24 hours...that was in September. Never heard a peep back, and I had to cover a no show cost because I didnt want to tell him he couldn't eat if he decided to show up.

Im not bad mouthing him or the company, because I havent done business with them specifically. But I can certainly understand the drama involved in getting ahold of him.

My mods will go through Vegas. I want SAI on my plaque...nothing else. What I saw this weekend at the bash was nothing short of amazing. There were 4 or 5 cases of cars needing work, and SAI put everything aside to work on attendees' cars to get them back on the track....and they were working around the clock to boot, on Saturday even... :salute:

Strangely, Quantum and Tasca didnt have anyone there that I saw.

I would like to apologize for Tasca not attending the bash this past weekend.. Just so everyone is aware Carl Tasca, David Tasca, Mike Tasca and myself all had flight ticket to attend the bash and sponsor the Shelby Event however due to the passing of Bob Tasca Sr. we all decided to stay home, Sorry and but I really hope you all understand.

Also Quantum does really good work and I recommend you guys give them a chance, try calling the main number instead of just trying to get a hold of one person, try to get a hold of any person.. You don’t always need to talk to a guy in charge sometimes you just need answers that someone who simply just answers phones can do. I know at times I get really busy and don’t have time to answer phone calls whether it be I am on the dyno or simply traveling for business and I am sure Ken and Glenn are in the same boat as me, which is the reason we have Eric answering phones here at Tasca.. Is he a technical guy? “NO” but he is in our building and can get answers for you in a reasonable amount of time, I am pretty sure Quantum has someone like this.

Thanks,

Dennis

I would like to apologize for Tasca not attending the bash this past weekend.. Just so everyone is aware Carl Tasca, David Tasca, Mike Tasca and myself all had flight ticket to attend the bash and sponsor the Shelby Event however due to the passing of Bob Tasca Sr. we all decided to stay home, Sorry and but I really hope you all understand.

Also Quantum does really good work and I recommend you guys give them a chance, try calling the main number instead of just trying to get a hold of one person, try to get a hold of any person.. You don’t always need to talk to a guy in charge sometimes you just need answers that someone who simply just answers phones can do. I know at times I get really busy and don’t have time to answer phone calls whether it be I am on the dyno or simply traveling for business and I am sure Ken and Glenn are in the same boat as me, which is the reason we have Eric answering phones here at Tasca.. Is he a technical guy? “NO” but he is in our building and can get answers for you in a reasonable amount of time, I am pretty sure Quantum has someone like this.

Thanks,

Dennis

Sorry to hear the news about Bob Tasca. I had the pleasure of meeting him when I picked up my SS at Tasca in June. It was one of the highlights of the trip to hear the stories he told about the old days of drag racing. He will be missed, but not forgotten.

07SS0326

I feel for you, man. I became very frustrated myself and felt between a rock and a hard place. I decided not to take my cars back to that shop but didn't know who could possibly service my car in the future. I am fortunate to have found a shop that provides great service and was plenty capable of doing additional upgrades and any ongoing maintenance. He has the technical know-how with years of experience, plus he worked at the Shelby mod shop that snaked my car so he knows these cars inside and out!:) His name is Josh and he is now owner of Lonestar Performance in Addison, Texas 214-630-5006.

There is also C & S Performance in Plano Texas that does this type of stuff all the time. The owner is a former Senior Master Tech for Ford and also knows our cars inside and out. His son was also SVT certified when he was at Ford. Gary use to work at Quantum as well and owns modified GT500 himself. They also do in house fabrication work as well as in house paint and body shop. Everything but upholstery in house!!

972-578-3550

I have heard the same issues from a friend here who SS'ed (Quatum) his GT500. It was a nightmare! I will be having C&M perfomance in Milwaukee handle mine. He also was a Ford Master mechanic and deals only in ford powered vehicles, mostly stangs. As much as these mod shops cost, service should be golden. I dont understand the atitude???

Wow........ :headscratch:

I am very surprised to hear some of this negativity about Quantum. Had my car there last year in March and I have absolutely "no complaints". We also had some upgrades done on the car and everything has been perfect.

I initially was set up for Vegas and decided to take it to Quantum due to a number of reasons. I was extremely happy I spent the additional money to get the car out there.

The one thing that has changed since my car was there is that Josh is no longer there. He handled a lot and was very responsive. He kept me up to date through the whole process and even sent me pictures.

Glenn & Kenny where very helpful as well when we needed to get in touch with someone.

I'm very shocked and disappointed........ :cry:

Aggie

They're terrible I wouldn't send a pinto there! Nothing but the run around and lies! I'll won't use them again.

I do all my stuff at my shop in houston. From what I have heard, SAI is pulling the plug on Quantum due to the aiisues raised. I called them several times also and not even a courtesy e-mail response, not even a AUTOREPLY. Mentioned this to SAI, and they didn't care. I would send to SAI or TASCA

Archived