TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New GT350!!! It's backkkkkkk

That's my plan. I'm going to wait a little longer until I know that people aren't blowing them up on the track. Plus I'm hoping the Ford will come out with a service replacement and possible conversion for earlier cars (05-10).

Sorry but I still think the eariler car looks better.

Colin

+1

I've scraped my SC purchase & install (was just a month away-kinda bummed), but I would rather spend my money on a FRPP 5.0 crate + a few NA mods. I'm thinking this is a superior choice and will be a popular swap for the early S197 owners. It will provide plenty of HP without adding more nose weight.

SO for now I'll be install a few performance mods and purchasing some dyno time to get me by.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it will be closer to $75K. 35K for the car and 35K for package + tax = well 75 or maybe 80K. Out of my reach now.

Ditto. With my pending retirement and the current economy anything North $50K is a nogo. I'll have to wait it out and see if there are any "new" ones on the lot 3 years from now or pick up a used/abused one. I will not trade my GT500 for it. I'm more of a straight line guy anyways.

Yes, you can race a Mustang at the track. (You can run a pick-up truck at the track too - doesn't prove anything.) Must there be no convertible so as not to dilute the absolute supreme purity of such a possible new GT350? C'mon. Most (not all) Shelby cars these days see about as much track time as SUVs go off-road. It's not a matter of 'only 1%' would want a convertible because it's really more of a track car - it's the other way around - only 1% of these 'collectibles' will ever see the track.

That was my point.

I'd buy a convertible in which to enjoy a nice weekend road trip. If i want spartan no-nonsense track car, I'd get something used, strip it, 6-point belts and a roll bar, and run it into the ground.

Im not saying a convertible is a bad idea, hell, I own one....and I love my car! But if you want a Shelby vert, a SGT or GT500 is the perfect setup for it. But I guess I am the 1% you speak of with tracking my car and other fun events...and let me tell you...I cant do squat with a vert for high speed "sanctioned" fun. When you move to a v6 terlingua, it is a track slot car that takes any turn you throw at it. The GT350 is the lightweight v8 version of that car that will outperform any other Shelby built. That is its design purpose, not for Sunday cruises so much...but you are right...99% will sadly never see a track. I think after Monday you will understand why you wont see a vert GT350....but will still love it.

Im not saying a convertible is a bad idea, hell, I own one....and I love my car! But if you want a Shelby vert, a SGT or GT500 is the perfect setup for it. But I guess I am the 1% you speak of with tracking my car and other fun events...and let me tell you...I cant do squat with a vert for high speed "sanctioned" fun. When you move to a v6 terlingua, it is a track slot car that takes any turn you throw at it. The GT350 is the lightweight v8 version of that car that will outperform any other Shelby built. That is its design purpose, not for Sunday cruises so much...but you are right...99% will sadly never see a track. I think after Monday you will understand why you wont see a vert GT350....but will still love it.

Sounds like you know something?! Do you have an inside track at Shelby?! Keep us posted!!! :drool:

Is this new GT350 going to be a street legal car?

Is it going to be sold like the SGT's were through Ford dealers or is this like an after sale package like the Super Snakes?

IMO this needs to be sold like the SGT and for about the same price, non of this post title BS where you can take it to one of these hack mod shops.

40-50k sold through Ford is the way to go IMO

Is this new GT350 going to be a street legal car?

Is it going to be sold like the SGT's were through Ford dealers or is this like an after sale package like the Super Snakes?

IMO this needs to be sold like the SGT and for about the same price, non of this post title BS where you can take it to one of these hack mod shops.

40-50k sold through Ford is the way to go IMO

this might answer some of your questions

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52587-whats-your-best-guess-for-2010-gt350-price/

Archived