TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New GT350!!! It's backkkkkkk

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had been hearing that the GT350 was going to be released the same weekend as the big bash for months now. Guess that didn't pan out or it was just a rumor all along.

I heard that one too. then I googled a few Shelby things and heard about the 18th.

I just hope there's a convertible.

No point in going coupe-only (for performance purity) unless it outperforms other track-oriented cars (e.g. 2010 Corvette GS). Coupes are for driving in alone - the personal driving experience - but not as enjoyable for friends and family in the ride-along experience - that's the reason we buy a performance car with a back seat (and that's why I sold my Viper).

...My kids want to hear dad fire-up and ride in whatever is a hot convertible! ...And those of us who are really old enough to value the Shelby name (not the Nissan 370ZX crowd), have others that we want to share the ride with... :lurk:

I don't think you'll have to worry about the power levels exceeding those of the GT500, not even close. Fresh from development and yet to even be used in a production vehicle for sale to the public, aftermarket parts availability is non-existent. That is not to say that FRPP hasn't been hard at work - I'm certain they are. At most, you'll see SAI adding things like a cat back system, a shifter, shocks/struts/springs, wheels/tires. Of course they'll have their requisite exterior and interior treatment package(s) as well.

The fact is, this car will be a much better performer, all around, in the stock GT (with Track Pack, etc) configuration over the GT500. Will it be able to beat the GT500 in a drag race? No, probably not. But in the handling, braking, fuel economy categories, I'm pretty confident it will. I have a feeling that the top dog 2011GT will provide better road course numbers than a '07-'10 GT500 as well (2011 is a tossup. The weight reduction from the GT500 aluminum block has yet to be quantified in terms of lap times. I think it will be very close).

For a great look into the development of the Coyote engine, I suggest that everyone pick up the latest issue of 5.0 Mustang (March 2010). There is a nineteen page spread on everything you could possibly want to know about each and every part of this powerplant, along with the philosophy the engine group had in mind during its design. That said, it would appear that at this point, the weak point will be the connecting rods. The block, crank, etc, can handle more than what the powerplant will come rated for. As to the rods...

The compression ratio is a bit high for supercharged applications as well, but it is nice to see a Mahle piston will be used here.

Now don't take this the wrong way. This powerplant was designed to allow a myriad of potential upgrades/changes in the future. Direct injection and supercharging are a couple of them. When talking about the beefy/lightweight block the article author (Tom Wilson) states...

Further stated...

There is mention of a Cobra/Manley forged rod fitting, but little else is said. Bottom line - anyone attempting to add a blower at this point (with the available rod/piston combination) will be treading on thin ice. So with no blower, at most I could see an added tune/CAI from FRPP as far as any engine related mods go. That is if FRPP has had the time to certify it and get it an exemption number. Ergo, I think any initial GT350 offering from Shelby will be geared towards the suspension and interior/exterior over massive power increases.

Again, pick up the issue I've referenced. Tom Wilson and 5.0 Mustang did an absolutely superb job on the article. Ford did an even better job with this engine.

Tob

post-4213-126319229293_thumb.jpg

post-4213-126319229293_thumb.jpg

I just hope there's a convertible.

No point in going coupe-only (for performance purity) unless it outperforms other track-oriented cars (e.g. 2010 Corvette GS). Coupes are for driving in alone - the personal driving experience - but not as enjoyable for friends and family in the ride-along experience - that's the reason we buy a performance car with a back seat (and that's why I sold my Viper).

...My kids want to hear dad fire-up and ride in whatever is a hot convertible! ...And those of us who are really old enough to value the Shelby name (not the Nissan 370ZX crowd), have others that we want to share the ride with... lurk.gif

both would be nice but make mine a coupe...

both would be nice but make mine a coupe...

Yep mine will be a coupe because I want to always be able to run in CLass 1 and I already have a vert.

When I get the GT350 it will be only used on the track so if they offer a 350R that will be the one I put my money on.

I heard that one too. then I googled a few Shelby things and heard about the 18th.

Any one know if the gala on the 18th will be televised or webcasted - kind of like the 2010 Mustang launch?

Any one know if the gala on the 18th will be televised or webcasted - kind of like the 2010 Mustang launch?

Stay tuned to this site....

I like the fact that a GT350 is coming, but where do I park it. The stable is full now. My wife will never sell the Terlingua. :hysterical:

I hope those BBS wheels on the Boss will be available for us track guys through FRPP. Those will be perfect with slicks. Curious about the weight of those wheels.

The GT350 is unlike any other model to date...you wont be able to mistake it for anything else, and there will be no possible way to make a clone with the design of this...Shelby did a great job keeping it hidden from the public and spies. If you REALLY are interested, call Roger, and get out your checkbook. I just wrote my check for the deposit, and cant wait to see the responses when this is released in a few days! Unlike many other models, I expect this to sell out completely and quickly.

Oh, and for the record, there will be a streetable BOSS released as well by Ford in the near future. I got that info from a Ford insider a while back when I contacted him about a promotion he received.

These are great times! Im glad I am young enough to enjoy these cars for a long time!

The GT350 is unlike any other model to date...you wont be able to mistake it for anything else, and there will be no possible way to make a clone with the design of this...Shelby did a great job keeping it hidden from the public and spies. If you REALLY are interested, call Roger, and get out your checkbook. I just wrote my check for the deposit, and cant wait to see the responses when this is released in a few days! Unlike many other models, I expect this to sell out completely and quickly.

Oh, and for the record, there will be a streetable BOSS released as well by Ford in the near future. I got that info from a Ford insider a while back when I contacted him about a promotion he received.

These are great times! Im glad I am young enough to enjoy these cars for a long time!

Warren, what else do you know...hysterical.gif

I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not I like that :headscratch:

Well, do you like it on this car?

GAmustang.bmp

It's a different grill but same lower valence/splitter...........

edit: "snap" I didn't see this page.... someone beat me to it. BTW there are two versions of the Boss302R. Basically replacing the FR500S & the FR500C

The car above would be the "C" variant for the Grand Am (now) Continental Sports Car Challenge Series. And it sounds like the folks at the Bash might have gotten a sneak peek and are being very good boys and girls keeping their secrets!

GAmustang.bmp

Well, do you like it on this car?

GAmustang.bmp

It's a different grill but same lower valence/splitter...........

edit: "snap" I didn't see this page.... someone beat me to it. BTW there are two versions of the Boss302R. Basically replacing the FR500S & the FR500C

The car above would be the "C" variant for the Grand Am (now) Continental Sports Car Challenge Series. And it sounds like the folks at the Bash might have gotten a sneak peek and are being very good boys and girls keeping their secrets!

I know nothing...

:dance:

I wonder if the '11 GT350 will use the body kit from the GT/CS like the '07-'08 SGT did. Ford has an '11 GT/CS at the Detriot show.

Let's hope not, I'm not a fan of the 2011 based on the photo posted here-

Forget Supercharging.. I'm thinking the new 5.0 would/will look better in a 2008

Decisions, Decisions

:spiteful:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Let's hope not, I'm not a fan of the 2011 based on the photo posted here-

Forget Supercharging.. I'm thinking the new 5.0 would/will look better in a 2008

Decisions, Decisions

:spiteful:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I do like the rear deck spoiler, side scoops and air dam on th e'11 GT/CS. I don't particularly care for the wheels or the grille, nor the side stripe placement. I think these are things that were better done on the previous car. If the GT-350 does sport the spoiler, scoops and air dam I think that would be a good jumping off point.

We had the "talk" with Roger also and paid the down for the GT350...note to self...men are not allowed to talk to each other about cars unless there is a responsible adult (ME) in the mix :hysterical2: But I've learned one thing, I just :surrender: and roll with it...Can't wait to get this pony in the barn with the others!

Hey Chad...I have not said a word to my wife...as for my accountant...Hes just there to count money....or lack of it. :hysterical:

Scott, good news is all we damaged was the splitter and oil pan cover...no problem...It was great spending time with you and Clarisa! We will see yall soon!

Hey Chad...I have not said a word to my wife...as for my accountant...Hes just there to count money....or lack of it. hysterical.gif

Scott, good news is all we damaged was the splitter and oil pan cover...no problem...It was great spending time with you and Clarisa! We will see yall soon!

Thats a cool grand out the door.........I wouldn't ever let anybody else drive your car onto a car trailer again. It might have been cheaper to have hired a Professional car hauler that has insurance. hysterical3.gif

Call me the day you telll your wife I always welcome a good laugh. hysterical.gif

350 or street Boss, I'll be buying whichever comes in a convertible. ...The Shelby if they both do, or none if neither do.

Fingers crossed.

Archived