TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My guess on the 2011

ChrisSD

Aluminum block engines are expected at this point in time and the late move to this configuration is catch up. Advertiseable HP is king for cultivating interest and generating sales. Current GT500 owners hoping for Ford to hold their position in the power department may be dissapointed with a 25-50HP bump which is a likely scenario.

Aluminum block engines are expected at this point in time and the late move to this configuration is catch up. Advertiseable HP is king for cultivating interest and generating sales. Current GT500 owners hoping for Ford to hold their position in the power department may be dissapointed with a 25-50HP bump which is a likely scenario.

Not so true anymore, today it is important and necessary to meet imposed CAFE standards and the AL block will allow Ford to drop the GG tax on the GT500 and with the new 5th and 6th gear ratios, the gas mileage will be much improved.

Power will be 560hp ;)

Chuck, as much as it would be nice to see the GG tax disappear, I don't see a ~100lb reduction in weight being responsible for it.

The shocker that I'd hope for would be a new set of cams, and I'm not talking about the GT cams that have been around for awhile. That, along with a set of tubular shorties, similar to those used on the upcoming 2011 GT. The FRPP headers would seem the obvious choice, bet they have zero reputation for increasing any power in this application, and somehow the odd dimensioned 2011 GT headers work in theirs.

I really like the TVS suggestion as well. I think that would make the '11 the pinnacle of 5.4 production engine development (forget the dry sump GT motor) before it gets put out to pasture.

A factory one piece driveshaft that didn't vibrate would be icing on the cake, but it would seem that Ford could never make it work.

Tob

I agree that a small increase in hp will be necessary since the GT will have a huge boost....20-30 is my guess. Some minor suspension tweeks, and heated seats (would be great).

That is about it, they are not going to make such changes to make the 2010 absolete. Any improvements are welcome.

Archived