TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Forgive Me Fellow SVT Freaks...I did the dirty deed

FordGeek

I'd just like to say that given Ford's recent disposition to "kill" exciting SVT projects and change their minds on the fly, I can't be certain there will be another production run of the Shelby for next year (when prices should be down to MSRP or less given demand). Further, if the Tremec shortage holds, you probably will not see too many units this year, further driving the frenzy we've all been totally pissed off about. Regardless, here's what I've done. I have left a non-refundable deposit ($1,000) with my local Ford dealership that guarantees me the first unit coming in for $5K over sticker (all in writing). If, for whatever reason, the prevailing market dictates a lower markup (i.e. high production numbers, weak demand, etc...) they agree to adjust the markup to a lesser amount (negotiable at time of delivery). If however, some crazy production problem limits total units and in turn causes a huge spike in markups nationwide, I'm locked in at the 5K over MSRP. I hated doing this and I actually lost sleep over it. But, I'm tired of all of the lack of information from Ford and the newbie EBAYERs asking for 15K+ over sticker (and getting it). Let's face it, Ford's Way Forward has nothing to do with customer loyalty and acknowledging support for SVT (I have bought 7 SVT products in the last 9 years, plus numerous ford vehicles. Doesn't really matter, does it). It's all about the dead presidents...nothing else. I had to sell my pride for this deal, but at least I can go to sleep at night knowing that I'm DEFINTELY getting my Shelby (which, by the way, could have been called the SVT CrapBucket and I still would have bought the damn thing given my loyalty to SVT - I'm not on anyone's bandwagon). It totally sucks I had to do it this way, but oh well. My most sincere hope is the rest of you guys and gals stick to your guns and not pay a cent over MSRP. I'm a type "A" and have no patience for the nonsense this release has generated.

BTW...don't forget that the Power Lease voucher holders are guaranteed a unit, even though it's not part of the official dealer allocation. But, with pending supplier issues who knows how this will end up impacting the enthusiasts.

:nonono:

If, for whatever reason, the prevailing market dictates a lower markup (i.e. high production numbers, weak demand, etc...) they agree to adjust the markup to a lesser amount (negotiable at time of delivery).

Haha, unless you slick-dealers have agreed upon an independent appraiser, don't expect any reduction in price.

BTW, did you vote for Jimmy Carter in 1980? I'm sure you must've been for him since the inflation rate was approaching 20% at the time. :)

Haha, unless you slick-dealers have agreed upon an independent appraiser, don't expect any reduction in price.

BTW, did you vote for Jimmy Carter in 1980? I'm sure you must've been for him since the inflation rate was approaching 20% at the time. :)

No I didn't...I fact I was too young to vote! I see where you're coming from though...

Good on ya FordGeek,

You did what you had to do, and Eleanor will be yours!!!

What did you order, colour and options???

KingCobra.

Tungsten grey with the Satin Silver stripes. All options except the crimson red inserts (wouldn't look too good).

Archived