TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will these tires /wheels fit?

scottGT500

Help me out! I am getting the Steeda Spyder wheels 20x9.5 and 20x11...I don't know what the offset is means...it says 45mm. Will a set of Nitto 555 275/35/20 fit on the 9.5" fronts and will a Nitto 555r 305/35/20 fit on the 11" rears?

Scott

Scott,

Steeda has a web site / catalog with that information. The question to ask is," will your wheels fit the brakes?"

I hope this helps.

Phil

Scott,

Steeda has a web site / catalog with that information. The question to ask is," will your wheels fit the brakes?"

I hope this helps.

Phil

It appears that Steeda's website does state that these wheels will clear a 14" brake package (which the 2010 does have)...so that is goooood!

Here is my main question: Which tire will look similar to the 305/35/20 on a 11" rear profile-wise. Using the 9.5" wheel -- 1) 275/35/20 2) 275/30/20 3) 265/35/20.....profile-wise. I don't want a tiny tire profile in the front and huge in the rear...the same the other way around...does that make sense?

It appears that Steeda's website does state that these wheels will clear a 14" brake package (which the 2010 does have)...so that is goooood!

Here is my main question: Which tire will look similar to the 305/35/20 on a 11" rear profile-wise. Using the 9.5" wheel -- 1) 275/35/20 2) 275/30/20 3) 265/35/20.....profile-wise. I don't want a tiny tire profile in the front and huge in the rear...the same the other way around...does that make sense?

Check on the Nitto website to make sure the two different tire sizes that you use for front and back are the equivalent height. This measurement is usually called diameter. The two tires that you use should be close to the same diameter. The 2010 stock tire and wheel package came with 27" and 27.1 diameter Goodyears. Check this measurement and make sure your new tires will match up. Those tire sizes sound like they should def fit those rims. I spoke to Griggs the other day and they suggest going wider on the front tire on a 9.5 rim (to 285 or even 295) to maximize handling performance. I'm thinking about doing the same thing for my rig..

Archived