TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How to engage supercharger?

mcshelby

You might try flooring the gas pedal. Just be sure there's plenty of room in front you, and no cops around.

Thank You Great Ideas! Just go fax from dealer

"The 2007 Shelby GT500 Mustang powertrain control module (PCM) strategy contains a feature to limit supercharger boost pressure for the first 5 consecutive miles of vehicle operation or 50 engine starts. This feature is enabled at assembly prior to shipment. If neither of these conditions has been satisfied prior to customer delivery, full power will not be available."

The Valet tune seems to release differently from what most has posted in the past.

My car had 8 miles on it when I picked it up. The valet tune released on my car at 14 miles while I was driving it. Before it released, my car wouldn't rev over 4000 rpm. But while driving it and it hit 14 miles then it would rev very quickly and to the limiter if I had held it that long.

It was a neat feeling because I knew what to expect. Which was dead on from what the guys at Ford Performance told me.

The Valet tune seems to release differently from what most has posted in the past.

My car had 8 miles on it when I picked it up. The valet tune released on my car at 14 miles while I was driving it. Before it released, my car wouldn't rev over 4000 rpm. But while driving it and it hit 14 miles then it would rev very quickly and to the limiter if I had held it that long.

It was a neat feeling because I knew what to expect. Which was dead on from what the guys at Ford Performance told me.

You want to feel the SC? Try this: Roll the car up to about 20 MPH in 1st, THEN STOMP ON THE PEDAL ALL THE WAY AND SHIFT INTO SECOND JUST BEFORE THE REV LIMITER KICKS IN. :burnout: Hold on to the wheel tight :shift: and make GD sure that you have PLENTY of lateral space around you cuz you will be rather sideways VERY quickly. And for goodness sake don't let off the throttle while you are sideways, wait until you are pointing straight as possible before you do, or else the rear of the car will whip out on you. It's a very good way to end up cramming one of the rear wheels into a curb if there's one around. TRY IT, IT'S FUN!

I know this has been a topic before, but I have heard several different answers. My car has 15 miles on it. The supercharger has yet to engage. Do you have to:

A: go 6 continuious miles

B: 50 keystarts

C: Have dealer reset ECM

???

2nd gear 30 MPH stomp. If her rearend kicks out and the front end nears flight, it is engaged. Repeat . . . Repeat . . . Repeat . . . Repeat . . .

Just kidding . . . If you have quickly gone to or over half throttle in any gear and have not seen the boost gauge move or thrust you hard into the back of your seat, remove the battery cable for a few minutes and try again. If that doesn't work, return to the dealer and ask to download updated information from their web site and download to your car. My dealer did both of the above and mine worked from the get go . . .

Good luck and drive safely. You now own a rocketship and the only thing that'll keep her under control is your right foot . . . or not . . .

Heh . . . Heh . . . Heh . . . :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

I know this has been a topic before, but I have heard several different answers. My car has 15 miles on it. The supercharger has yet to engage. Do you have to:

A: go 6 continuious miles

B: 50 keystarts

C: Have dealer reset ECM

???

You DO know that you have to have a decent amount of throttle...right? (that's not meant as an insult...some people don't know this). If you drive on the highway at light throttle...you won't KNOW it's available.

Dave

? Is your right leg shorter than your left?

as a matter of fact, i brought my helmet to the dealer in cherry hill, new jersey when i picked the car up to go drag race it on the way home in atco, nj.

the car would barely break the tires free the whole ride to the track (about 30 miles). i didnt even bother to run it...i actually thought something was wrong with it. the car finally "woke up" right about when i got home with it (the dealership i bought from is about 180 miles from my house)

and as far as my right leg being short.....heres my other car.....its gone a best of 8.97 @148 so far. i actually try to see if i can put the pedal through the floor sometimes lol

MVC-725F.jpg

You DO know that you have to have a decent amount of throttle...right? (that's not meant as an insult...some people don't know this). If you drive on the highway at light throttle...you won't KNOW it's available.

Dave

LOL.

1. Open mouth.

2. Look at photo of this man's other car.

3. Then insert your foot into open mouth.

:hysterical2:

Archived