TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wrecked GT-500

FiaCobra

Saw this in the local paper today. Bottom line is, no one sustained life threatening injuries. Male driver, female passenger.

Note: Temps here are in the low 30's and the roads are covered with sand and salt. I would not drive these cars under those conditions.

1389118491.jpg

Looks like North Shore of Long Island or not. Glad no fatalities. No place for a car like that this time of year. Florida.....

I live in Florida and even with mild winters here my Shelby sees a lot less road time during these months, American muscle isn't made for it.. If you want something that can handle the arctic conditions then go with German muscle.

I live in Florida and even with mild winters here my Shelby sees a lot less road time during these months, American muscle isn't made for it.. If you want something that can handle the arctic conditions then go with German muscle.

I live in Florida also and this week we have had temps in the 20's and 30's and sleet and possible snow expected Saturday. We must remember these tires aren't rated for temps below 40 degrees.

Note: Temps here are in the low 30's and the roads are covered with sand and salt. I would not drive these cars under those conditions.

You are so right. All season tires in cold weather also help for cars used as a daily driver.

+1

I put some Nokian extreme winter performance tires on my Porsche 944 Turbo, and it turned out to be the best vehicle I have EVER driven on snow and ice. Its perfect weight distribution, wheelbase, and lack of low end torque make it very stable and predictible.

Of course, tires can also make all the difference in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived