TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 KR for sale

That definitely sounds like a fair deal - are you still gonna do it?

Or is the deal gone?

No, I passed on it. The car was filthy for only having 2900 miles. It looked like it lived a hard young life. I know it's a KR, but I just couldn't trade my pristine 2000 mile GT500 for it.

Earlier this week I had a chance to trade for a used 2009 blue KR with only 2900 miles.

My 2008 GT500 + $20K for the KR. Was this a good deal?

I would do that deal for a new KR, not a used one.

Dealers out there will do a trade like that.

Used 08's are probably worth low to mid 30's /// lots of variables including the store that is putting the number on it.

So if your car is worth 34000 wholesale .... that means they are selling the kr for 54000 ....

Based on the condition of the car I would say its not that great of a deal. I can get new KR's near this figure. Sold two last month to too fellow members .. a 08 sil for $55800 and a 08 black for $56800.

Can I get a 08 for 54000 ? Prob .... I would buy a new one all day long !! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Used 08's are probably worth low to mid 30's /// lots of variables including the store that is putting the number on it.

So if your car is worth 34000 wholesale .... that means they are selling the kr for 54000 ....

Based on the condition of the car I would say its not that great of a deal. I can get new KR's near this figure. Sold two last month to too fellow members .. a 08 sil for $55800 and a 08 black for $56800.

Can I get a 08 for 54000 ? Prob .... I would buy a new one all day long !! :happy feet: :happy feet:

They were asking $60K. They were gonna give me $35K for mine. So... they were gonna sell it to me for $55K.

If I didn't have my trade in, I would definately buy one from you.

I agree! I believe there is a Black KR still at Smithtown Ford, Long Island NY. I have a contact if you want it.

Thanks, but I have a trade in and that just makes it more difficult. I have my dealer looking to trade for one here in Texas. They are trying to find me one for closer to what I want to pay.

I'm seriously thinking of having my car Super Snaked if I don't find one though.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, but I have a trade in and that just makes it more difficult. I have my dealer looking to trade for one here in Texas. They are trying to find me one for closer to what I want to pay.

I'm seriously thinking of having my car Super Snaked if I don't find one though.

Just sent you a PM.

These unsold "new" KRs are getting stale at this point. The ongoing upgrades to the GT500s are not helping their plight one bit. It will be interesting to observe what further price reductions will be needed to find these cars a home.

I agree for now, but things can change. Its all about supply and demand. From what I've been hearing there are some folks out there who are still looking to get a KR and they want to get the best price possible (who can blame them). The problem might be (and I say might because who knows these days) that once the supply of remaining KRs gets real low then the last few cars might actually go up in price as the last hold outs start driving the price up to get one of them. I can't see the prices coming down below $55k so I would bet we're at the bottom right now and if I were about to buy one, I'd grab one.

New KRs have sold recently in the high 40s. These cars may never see a price reversal and that would be in 20 or 30 years if the fuel they require is readily available. There are hundreds of KRs still looking for a home and the prices will go nowhere but down to clear them.

Where can I buy one for that? :spend:

Please post the specifics as to the KRs that recently sold in the high 40s. What dealerships? What year KRs? When? You statement is suspect to say the least.

While I agree it may be sometime before the values of the cars turn around, however, I I don't see them dropping much below what you can buy a new GT500 for at any time. While the new GT500 will continue to come with improvements each year, Ford makes thousands of them each year.... 5000 to 7000 a year. There are only 1600 KRs. Period. The smart money IMHO at the same price of a new GT500 in any year would be to buy the KR eventhough the new GT500 may have a greater performance envelope. There will always be a newer and faster model next year but there will not a another KR likely for many years.

Remember these cars listed for $80K plus and traded hands in the beginning well over $100K. The economy torpedoed the car shortly after its release.

Once these cars are gone from the dealerships that will be the first step toward a reversal in value IMHO. The KR and the SGT are the only pre title Shelbys sold as new Ford products off the show room since 1968.

Perhaps a future indicator is the fact that a KR just sold for $95K at Barrett Jackson. Yes the car was a low number car with unique black stripes but it was a KR. And the economy still sucks. I doubt a low production number GT500 with unique color stripes would fetch that kind of money. I kinda think it had to do alot with the fact it was a KR.

But...can you please give me the specifics onf where to get a KR in the $40s because at that number I'll buy another one. Seriously. So please let me know.

How does $53500 with 1035 miles never titled in service warranty date 11/08 sound ? RED

1badsho reported the high 40s sale not to long ago if I remember correctly. Pretty tough to see the KRs as any kind of a hot item at this point. A 2011 GT500 with a raft of upgrades and refinements looks like a far better way to go at this point but to each his own.

Nothing is a hot item in this economy. This is an exciting time for "regular folk" (you know, middle class working bees) who have some extra money to spend. How do you think I was able to afford a KR ? It was never even a consideration for me when they first came out. I was just grateful to be able to get a GT-500.

On a related note, i've always wanted to buy a piece of property somewhere in another state (think retirement) but was never really able to afford to pull the trigger on one. Well, times changed and due to this horrible economy I was able to secure a lil' piece of property in a really beautiful area. 4 years ago?...no way would I even look there due to the hot real estate market. While I feel bad for people who are struggling, I have no choice but to take advantage of the buying power I currently have at this moment. I couldn't wait for 2011...my time was in 2009. I'm trying to get one more lot (property) before things turn around.

1badsho reported the high 40s sale not to long ago if I remember correctly. Pretty tough to see the KRs as any kind of a hot item at this point. A 2011 GT500 with a raft of upgrades and refinements looks like a far better way to go at this point but to each his own.

This will not be a daily driver and in 10 years which one will hold it's value better?

Can you link us to the post or the specifics from 1badsho about the $40K KR. Anyone can post and say what they want but theres a difference between BS and facts.

To each his own. Some will like pick the new 2011 GT500 over the remaining KRs. Granted while the 2011s may have a number of improvements the 2012s will have improvements over them and so on and so on and so on...........................with each model year seeing 5000 to 7000 units produced. They will be as ubiquitous as grass blades on your front lawn.

One thing about the KR. There is only 1600 of them. When they are gone they are gone. They will stand out in a sea of Mustangs.

In my book in a choice between a new 2011 GT500 and a KR $55K to $60K the smart money is on the KR. :yup:

Can you link us to the post or the specifics from 1badsho about the $40K KR. Anyone can post and say what they want but theres a difference between BS and facts.

To each his own. Some will like pick the new 2011 GT500 over the remaining KRs. Granted while the 2011s may have a number of improvements the 2012s will have improvements over them and so on and so on and so on...........................with each model year seeing 5000 to 7000 units produced. They will be as ubiquitous as grass blades on your front lawn.

One thing about the KR. There is only 1600 of them. When they are gone they are gone. They will stand out in a sea of Mustangs.

In my book in a choice between a new 2011 GT500 and a KR $55K to $60K the smart money is on the KR. :yup:

That's my way of thinking plus i like the total package and looks.

Archived