TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best bolts ons for power gain on my Shelby GT-H

I am looking for some advice on what to do in regards to HP upgrades on my 2006 Shelby GT-H, I know that a super charger is always an option but I don't have the $5,000 - $7,000 laying around so I am looking for other options that take into account what Shelby and Ford have already done to the car. I know about the under drive pulleys but I dont want to go too wild with the mods.

I am sorry if this has been discussed before and this is a re-post.

I am looking for some advice on what to do in regards to HP upgrades on my 2006 Shelby GT-H, I know that a super charger is always an option but I don't have the $5,000 - $7,000 laying around so I am looking for other options that take into account what Shelby and Ford have already done to the car. I know about the under drive pulleys but I dont want to go too wild with the mods.

I am sorry if this has been discussed before and this is a re-post.

Aong with the underdrive pulleys, you may want to consider 4.10 gears, motion delete plates, CAI, and tune. I spent ~ $3300 for the Paxton Novi 1200SL. The kit comes with a tuner and tune that you can use if that's the only mod you're doing. I did the installation myself which saved $ on the labor. Keep in mind that all of the N/A bolt-ons can add up pretty fast without the big HP gains. Good Luck to ya !

This is true that all the bolt ons add up. I have wondered the same and when I add all the bolt ons up , I am in the thousands rage which leads me to believe that a Super Charger is the way to go. If you want just a little more power, then pullies and a retune is cool. Just my 2 cents.

Torque converter, tune, and tires. This combo should have you running 12.8-13.2 depending on conditions. My best with a tune and Anderson Powerpipe was 13.3 ET.

Prescision Industries makes a good converter. Its a 9 inch unit with a 3,200 rpm stall. Was on the list till I got the whipple. God luck.

Archived