TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Post TSB Clutch & Flywheel 890 MI From 09 KR

vapor08GT500

Hi Everyone,

For any of you that have not had the TSB done and want to get a Post TSB flywheel, twin disc clutch, and flywheel, I just removed one from a customer's 09 KR this past weekend with 890 miles on it. There was nothing wrong with it, just was removed for future power adders as we are doing a Kenne Bell, longtubes and a host of other upgrades. Build date on car was 9-23-08. $3500 from Ford. Selling for my customer to offset the cost of his upgrades for him.

Here is the ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270510608837&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Alex

That sold quick. $599 someone got as great deal.happy%20feet.gif

Yep it was me :)

I didn't even see this post here, just happened to be on ebay looking at GT500 parts.

I figure since my car only has 1k miles and the dealer won't swap my clutch/flywheel this is my best option.

Thanks Vapor!

That sold quick. $599 someone got as great deal.happy%20feet.gif

I think the seller got a nice hunk of change for it.

It's a used clutch none the less and you can get a brand new clutch/flywheel assembly for $1200 bucks, not a factory one but a stronger aftermarket one, so a used one at half pirce makes sense to me

You bet Imatk!! I shipped it to you yesterday so you should have it while we are at the Bash. I emailed you tracking thru ebay. Are you going to the Bash??

As for the other questions...I actually liked the Twin SS trim clutch we put in Dan's Super Snake better than the P trim we put in the KR...less pedal effort and not as springy.

I have a Mcleod Twin Disc in my 1000 HP 03 Cobra and don't like it nearly as much as the Spec clutches. Pedal effort is higher and it is abrupt when it engages. The car really is not too much fine to drive for more than a few hours which is probably the main reason the car only has 1700 miles on it since 03!!

For budgets, the Spec 3+ is an excellent clutch too...I have installed many and several of the car have 30K plus miles on them with no problems since the install....

Archived