TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New member, new to Mustang

scottish steve

Hi to all the Shelby Owners out there, especally those in the Pacific Northwest. I am an extremely happy owner of a 2010 GT500, Sterling silver with silver stripes. This is my first Mustang, (actually my first American car ) and I love it. Just wanted to say hi, will be following some posts with enthusiam to see if there are opportunities to meet up with any other Shelby owners in the NW and especially Seattle area. I drive this baby to work everyday and love every minute of it.....cheers

Hi to all the Shelby Owners out there, especally those in the Pacific Northwest. I am an extremely happy owner of a 2010 GT500, Sterling silver with silver stripes. This is my first Mustang, (actually my first American car ) and I love it. Just wanted to say hi, will be following some posts with enthusiam to see if there are opportunities to meet up with any other Shelby owners in the NW and especially Seattle area. I drive this baby to work everyday and love every minute of it.....cheers

Hi SS (scottish steve)

Welcome to TS, and I must say, not a bad way to step into your first Ford! Congrats, have fun, and you'll really enjoy this site, and all the good folks who frequent it...

Of course, Rule #1, is you must post pix of your car! Or receive the wrath of Grabber :slapfight:

Thanks to all that have replied so far. I certainly have enjoyed my car so far. I will post some pics as soon as I get back into town and maybe it stops raining ( I travel alot) . So far my only minor issues with this car are nothing to do with how it drives or handles, just some little things like the "sync" system ( which I will try to hack into to make more usable). Overall I love it. It has taken me a while to get used to driving it. I have had BMW M3, Jag R-types, rx cars but nothing that drives quite like this.

My only question right now is that I have heard that the tires are pretty hard rubber and that some people have swapped out to a softer winter tire. This may be advisable here in the North west with our "damp" winters. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the info on the MCA meet in Bellevue. Definately attending.

Cheers

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome Scottish Steve,

I'll keep an eye out for you as I work in the Bellevue area and I use my GT500 as my current daily driver.

If we have another winter like this past year there is no need to worry about your tires. I'm still running the stock Goodyears and didn't have an issue. Just take it easy with your right foot and you'll be fine. With that being said, there were a couple times my tires were still cold after a 15 min. commute down 405. :doh:

Look forward to seeing you around.

Hey Steve,

I want to welcome you to Team Shelby. You will find wonderful and knowledgeable people here on the forum.

I also wish to invite you to register your new car with the Shelby Registry if you have not yet had the chance. This can be done at: http://registry.teamshelby.com/.

David

welcome Steve

Your a braver man than me mine is stored for the winter. Although the first year I drove it from February on. Mind you you have a sliver one and black is the fastest colour :hysterical:.

I do tend to detail the undercarriage so I don't like to have her out in the rain

Glen

Archived