TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tank leak

HARALD KELLEY

Need some help and I know you guys have the Paxton SC

Any suggestions for a leaking Paxton expansion tank? The top fitting is leaking. I have used 2 & 3 raps of teflon tape, pipe putty, all these eforts still result in a small seeping leak. I do plan on exchanging with the Canton tank but it will not be here in time to change before the Bash.

Any ideas would he helpful.

Thanks

Need some help and I know you guys have the Paxton SC

Any suggestions for a leaking Paxton expansion tank? The top fitting is leaking. I have used 2 & 3 raps of teflon tape, pipe putty, all these eforts still result in a small seeping leak. I do plan on exchanging with the Canton tank but it will not be here in time to change before the Bash.

Any ideas would he helpful.

Thanks

bad luck with the tank...it is junk and you're right, the Canton is the cure...to bad you can't find one and have it overnighted...good luck

It won't be a Canton tank, but call Bud tomorrow (Monday) and see if he can replace your leaking tank with another one that doesn't. That will at least get you through the bash until your Canton comes in.

• 2 weeks later...

Warning for you all....my Canton tank leaks too but not nearly as bad as the plastic POS.

Where is it leaking- the brass fitting on top (same as plastic one) or the cap?

Hi Harold! The POS plastic tank has a bad habit of cracking at the fittings...and leaking at the cap....the new tanks leak a bit from the cap. But, from what I'm told, you can stop the leak from the cap by using tape on the threads. It also seams to matter if you are using a plastic or metal cap.

Where is it leaking- the brass fitting on top (same as plastic one) or the cap?

The threading on my alum tank doesn't quite match up with the threads on 2 different caps and it leaks, but nothing like the sieve that is the plastic tank.

Hi Harold! The POS plastic tank has a bad habit of cracking at the fittings...and leaking at the cap....the new tanks leak a bit from the cap. But, from what I'm told, you can stop the leak from the cap by using tape on the threads. It also seams to matter if you are using a plastic or metal cap.

Thanks. I have the stock cap with the Shelby billet cover (cap set). I hope to replace mine in the next week or so.

Archived