TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strut Cap Install/Failure/Cracked cap

Torched10

Well, put on the strut brace and JLT intake,and the car looks and feels real good.having trouble putting on the painted strut caps from JLT.Im afraid to give them a solid "rap" to get them on, and amsomewhat cinfused by the instrucions.Also, wondering of the 20 degree weather might make it harder.Have any of you put these on,and if os, any tricks.They are marked D and p, so ive got that right,just i cant force them to "click" in.Sent note to jay tucker,but like to finish today--thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, put on the strut brace and JLT intake,and the car looks and feels real good.having trouble putting on the painted strut caps from JLT.Im afraid to give them a solid "rap" to get them on, and amsomewhat cinfused by the instrucions.Also, wondering of the 20 degree weather might make it harder.Have any of you put these on,and if os, any tricks.They are marked D and p, so ive got that right,just i cant force them to "click" in.Sent note to jay tucker,but like to finish today--thanks

LOL boy am I glad you posted this. I also have been having issues. I am scared to tap them and I was some what confused on which way they go to install. Mine are still sitting on the kitchen table and I must have had them for a few months now..

Let me know if you figure out anything.

Alan

LOL boy am I glad you posted this. I also have been having issues. I am scared to tap them and I was some what confused on which way they go to install. Mine are still sitting on the kitchen table and I must have had them for a few months now..

Let me know if you figure out anything.

Alan

Will do---i can see how they should go,ters 2 "teets" on th outside of the cone under the caps.They should force fit thru the hole in the part that holds the strut.The plastic seem pretty thin to me.Ive tried grease, etc but havent used a rubber hammer yet.Been emailing back and forth with Jay Tucker,and think Il ask him if i can use the rubber mallet,and if it cracks,he'll give me a credit.Otherwise,illl just return them.Too bad,because they really are well done

PS--I was just thinking abou the physics involved here.The hole in the cap should get smaller and the one on the car should grow in size when its really cold.So im sticking my parts in the garage tonight, its supposed to be evry cold tonight.Then ill atempt it again tomorrow early.You might try it as well,but ist probably not that cold in Fayettville--maybe stick the parts in the freezer.The plastic will be more brittle, but ill just try and push it on, no hammering

Did it work?

Nope--Jay gave me one more input,plus although in theory i maybe right on the cold factor, i thik ill let it get a little warmer.Jay told me to make sure the bolt/nut (Theres 4) is not under the concave (flat) area of the cap thats near the fendr. If i can get it, Ill just return it,although i really like the way it looks.Im also thinking it might be wrth while to send the teets down just a little to let it slip.Im wondering with the cold weather if the plastic is too dense to actually bend enough to sllide thru.Jays told me hes put them on sveral 20102 himself,so theres no design issue

Nope--Jay gave me one more input,plus although in theory i maybe right on the cold factor, i thik ill let it get a little warmer.Jay told me to make sure the bolt/nut (Theres 4) is not under the concave (flat) area of the cap thats near the fendr. If i can get it, Ill just return it,although i really like the way it looks.Im also thinking it might be wrth while to send the teets down just a little to let it slip.Im wondering with the cold weather if the plastic is too dense to actually bend enough to sllide thru.Jays told me hes put them on sveral 20102 himself,so theres no design issue

man, I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a time with these caps...

man, I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a time with these caps...

Cameron--thanks Im gonna keep going at it for the next week to get them on--they look so good Ive got to do it.Youd think as an engineer,Id get it by now--but Im elec engr,and am mechanically challeneged

The biggest issue with the caps is the front stud indenting the cap due to it not being lined up correctly.

Shown here: post-7689-12628819439_thumb.jpg

This does not mean rotate the cap far from the stud, but just be sure it will not hit it. (it will be close)

I think by us making note of this in the directions more people are scared to install them and doing damage.

Don't over think them, it's a snap on install

With grease on the tube (section that goes into the body) and the cap lined up, tap with your fist on the cap (area supported by the tube) in a circular pattern.

It will slide into the body a little at a time until it snaps in.

Caps MUST be warm. Cold plastic WILL crack. If it's cold out or the parts are cold, wait. Bring them up to room temp before you hit on them.

When warm the caps are flexible and will snap into place without much effort.

All strut studs will be covered, so if you can see the bolt/stud when lined up, your not lined up correctly.

When snapped on it should look like this

With bar:

tn_2010%20GT500%20060.jpg

Without bar

tn_2010%20GT500%20040_medium.jpg

Some more detailed install shots.

tn_CPC%20covers%20027.jpg

tn_CPC%20covers%20003.jpg

post-7689-12628830499_thumb.jpg

The 2010 body and strut stud is not different then the 07-09, but that aside, we have installed them on 2010's and know they fit.

The caps are made by CPC (California Pony Parts) they can also confirm fitment as well as give insite to install hints.

I hope this helps, but by all means email me direct if you need further help.

Jay

post-7689-12628819439_thumb.jpg

post-7689-12628830499_thumb.jpg

I was nervous about putting them on too, because the fit seemed really tight.

I don't have a lot of patience, so finally, I just smacked the cap really hard with the palm of my hand and it went on. Didn't damage the cap at all. I had to smack one of the caps a few times to get it to go one square, but it finally did.

I was nervous about putting them on too, because the fit seemed really tight.

I don't have a lot of patience, so finally, I just smacked the cap really hard with the palm of my hand and it went on. Didn't damage the cap at all. I had to smack one of the caps a few times to get it to go one square, but it finally did.

Keb--so when you hit it that final shot,wrere any of the studs showing,ie was it positioend the way it finally sits,.What was confusing to me was the part in the instructions about roatating the cap, AFTER its mounted--did you do that??

Keb--so when you hit it that final shot,wrere any of the studs showing,ie was it positioend the way it finally sits,.What was confusing to me was the part in the instructions about roatating the cap, AFTER its mounted--did you do that??

I just popped it on and didn't pay too much attention to its exact orientation except that the correct side pointed towards the engine and the correct side towards the fender. Once it popped on I wiggled it to get it straight.

It worked for me, not sure if it will work in really cold temperatures!

KB

Thanks--ill wait till it gets above freezing,although the caps are in the house.They look so good, Ive got to get them on.And i swear with the new intake from JLT, the car feels stronger.I know the cold helps,but still. J told me he saw 5hp gain on the dyno with the intake,but it sure feels more than that

WELL IN A HEATED GARAGE, WITH CAPS THAT HAD BEEN INSIDE FOR 48 HOURS,I FOLLOWED ALLTHE INSTRUCTIONS AGAIN,NO TOOLS,LINED UP EVERYTHING,READ THE POSTED COMMENTS FOR JAY TUCKER,HIT IT WITH MY, AND VIOLA, ,IT CRACKED,AND IS NOW A $100 PIECE OF USELESS PLASTIC.I WONT USE THIS FORUM TO VENT,EXCPET TO SAY TUCKER HAS REFUSED ISSUEING ME CREIT, AND TOLD ME TO GO BACK TO THE MANUFATURER.PRETTY POOR CUTSOMER SERVICE,AND TO ME A POOR BUSINESS DECIISON.

HAVING BEEN A DESIGN ENGINEER,WE WOULD NEVER DESIGN SOMETHING THAT COULD BREAK DURING HAND INSTALLATION,AND IF IT DID,WE'D JUST ISSUE A CREDIT,FOUND OUT HOW IT BROKE,AND FIX THE DESIGN--THE WHOLE 6 SIGMA DESIGN IDEA.

ANYWAY,ID STAY AWAY FROM THESE CAPS,AND EVEN THOUGH IVE BOUGHT SEVERAL HUNDRED BUCKS OF STUFF FROM JLT,IM NOT BUYING ANYTHNG FROM THEM,AND THOUGHT YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW.iM GETTING TOO OLD FOR THS STUFF,SO ILL JUST WRITE IT OFF TO EXPERIENCE

WELL IN A HEATED GARAGE, WITH CAPS THAT HAD BEEN INSIDE FOR 48 HOURS,I FOLLOWED ALLTHE INSTRUCTIONS AGAIN,NO TOOLS,LINED UP EVERYTHING,READ THE POSTED COMMENTS FOR JAY TUCKER,HIT IT WITH MY, AND VIOLA, ,IT CRACKED,AND IS NOW A $100 PIECE OF USELESS PLASTIC.I WONT USE THIS FORUM TO VENT,EXCPET TO SAY TUCKER HAS REFUSED ISSUEING ME CREIT, AND TOLD ME TO GO BACK TO THE MANUFATURER.PRETTY POOR CUTSOMER SERVICE,AND TO ME A POOR BUSINESS DECIISON.

HAVING BEEN A DESIGN ENGINEER,WE WOULD NEVER DESIGN SOMETHING THAT COULD BREAK DURING HAND INSTALLATION,AND IF IT DID,WE'D JUST ISSUE A CREDIT,FOUND OUT HOW IT BROKE,AND FIX THE DESIGN--THE WHOLE 6 SIGMA DESIGN IDEA.

ANYWAY,ID STAY AWAY FROM THESE CAPS,AND EVEN THOUGH IVE BOUGHT SEVERAL HUNDRED BUCKS OF STUFF FROM JLT,IM NOT BUYING ANYTHNG FROM THEM,AND THOUGHT YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW.iM GETTING TOO OLD FOR THS STUFF,SO ILL JUST WRITE IT OFF TO EXPERIENCE

I am very sorry to hear that this happened Bob.

Sorry to hear your strut caps did not work out for you. I tried buying strut caps from another vendor and they did not work either. Went thru a couple sets and they ended up giving me my money back, except for the shipping charges. I know how frustrating this can be.

Here's my failed attempt:

http://www.teamshelb...5681__hl__Strut caps__fromsearch__1

If you are interested in having some little black caps over your strut nuts, PM me your address and I will send you a set for free. They will dress up the nuts and make for a cleaner look. Here's my thread on the caps that I can send you for free:

http://www.teamshelb...2712__hl__Strut caps__fromsearch__1

BlackStrutCaps015.jpg

GT5002009Pics114.jpg

GT5002009Pics113.jpg

Wow, Robert I'm very suprised at your actions.

I have done about everything I could to help you for that past couple weeks, short of coming down to your house and install them.

I think you should have posted our emails before just posting JLT REFUSED TO GIVE ME CREDIT. I have been very helpful posting pictures and giving helpful hints and suggestions now only to be blasted on this forum.

1) I offered you to send them back last week for a full refund before you damaged them because you were worried. You declined.

2) You see installed pictures and hear from poeple who have installed them with success and your mad at me? I don't get it.

3) JLT does not manufacture these caps. So my suggestion was to contact the manufacture for a replacement and I would PAINT IT FOR FREE.

This is a bad suggestion?

CPC is a great company and with a simple call you could have talked to them and a resolution would be in place.

Robert, you purchased a JLT CAI (which you said you love) a painted strut bar (which you told me on the phone looked great) and a set of CPC strut caps.

2 of 3 worked out for you. 1 a JLT product, 1 a Ford product painted by JLT and one not made by JLT, just painted by JLT???

I take great pride in JLT Perfornance and your blaming me for a issue that is not in my control.

I have installed these caps countless times without issue, showd you just a sample of the installed pictures I have and I'm still at fault?

Wow, this is a shame.

As a design engineer I am sure you can appreciate that "anomalies" occur in any manufacturing instance and/or situation. I've worked on hundreds of these cars in every different form and state. I've seen Ford use different bolt and nut sizes here and there.....

I have also run into different instances with respect to the products that I make and we do have "anomalies" regardless of how many times we exercise a 6 Sigma Design Process/Idea.

There is one thing we all have to gain from working on these cars and doing even the smallest modification:

Crap Happens and if we don't press on and get it fixed or work to resolve it none of it gets better.

You've had enough cars in your life to know that you simply, can't give up! Don't Give Up! Never give up!

Jay Tucker is a stand up guy and he will work with you. I've known Jay since the GT500 came out and I bought my first JLT CAI in 2006 for my GT500. Thanks Jay, that's when the mod bug bit my ass big time! Jay has since installed my products on his car and I actually do sell some of Jay's products as well.

You've got a great channel on this forum to get help and assistance. I know you are frustrated. We've all been there.

Don't give up! :grouphug:

Van

As a design engineer I am sure you can appreciate that "anomalies" occur in any manufacturing instance and/or situation. I've worked on hundreds of these cars in every different form and state. I've seen Ford use different bolt and nut sizes here and there.....

I have also run into different instances with respect to the products that I make and we do have "anomalies" regardless of how many times we exercise a 6 Sigma Design Process/Idea.

There is one thing we all have to gain from working on these cars and doing even the smallest modification:

Crap Happens and if we don't press on and get it fixed or work to resolve it none of it gets better.

You've had enough cars in your life to know that you simply, can't give up! Don't Give Up! Never give up!

Jay Tucker is a stand up guy and he will work with you. I've known Jay since the GT500 came out and I bought my first JLT CAI in 2006 for my GT500. Thanks Jay, that's when the mod bug bit my ass big time! Jay has since installed my products on his car and I actually do sell some of Jay's products as well.

You've got a great channel on this forum to get help and assistance. I know you are frustrated. We've all been there.

Don't give up! :grouphug:

Van

I agree with you,especially about finding out what the anomaly is and fixing it.As I said in my first note, Im not a whiner type guy,and dont like to air dirty laundry(Check my 900 posts),so Im not going to get into email/posting battles with Jay on this.I just wanted to give the TS members a heads up.From Grabbers note apparently cap problems are not new,but in his case his supplier was a real strand-up guy and refunded his money.Tucker wont do that,and has told me to go directly to the manufatrure CPC. WHAT??I have pulbicly complimented JLT on the CAI and brace i got from them, but in this case no help.So Ill just cross JLT off my list of vendors,and take the money i was planning to spend with them somewhere else.Hopefully thru this exchange,others will re-consider buying these caps,from anyone really

In your emails to me you make note of buying from Walmat and returning to Walmart.

Robert,

I'm far from Walmart and when an isolated issue comes up we need to take steps to fix them.

first step is to contact the manufacture and see if this is an issue and if they have a fix.

If not, what will they do for US (you and I)

I never said I wouldn't help you or was brushing you off.

I asked you to work with me and make a call into the manfacture of the product you had an issue with, that all.

I'm a small guy here and can not simply refund your money no question asked. I'm not Walmart. I need your help to get to a resolution we both can handle.

I have answered every one of your emails, before, during and after the sale.

I'm still here.

You say you don't air dirty laundry, but here we are.

You sent me several emails asking "If I damage these, can I get my money back?"

I said I couldn't do that and to return them for a full refund before any damaged occured.

I'm not sure what else I needed to do?

I'm truly sorry you feel this is all my fault and I'm a bad business man, but all I did was ask you to make a phone call to the company that made the part. If I was getting calls and emails from others that this was happening it would be handled different. Or if I was a retailer that didn't do installs and didn't install them myself, but I have.

So if your caps were made wrong or your car is different we don't know.

If Evo or Lethal sells a JLT CAI to you and you have a issue with the JLT intake tube, they will have you call me. This is how we all work together to get the situation fixed faster. get in contact with the source, the owner or the company who made the part in question.

I'm a stand up guy who has done business on this forum for over 3.5 years now and you trying to ruin my rep over a $84.95 purchace is not fair.

I'm sorry to those who had to read this back and forth.

Send them back, I'll contact CPC and see if they will help me.

Ok guys before I write something here about this Strut Cap problem and the JLT Customer Service I want that you all know that I don't get pay for doing this, I also don't get some free stuff from JLT Performance and also nobody from them had force me to do this!!! I was planning to write something about my car here on team shelby as soon I had finish my Kona Blue 2010 Project but it looks like some people have problems to put some of the parts I already have on my 2010 GT500 on there own 2010 GT500 and then they thinking now this is a problem that JLT had produce and will not help them to fix the it!!!!!

OK I will start here first with some of my Customer Service and JLT Product experience from my 2008 GT500:

I love good Cars, maybe it is because I be from Germany and this why I had buy me 2008 my first Shelby GT500. After some months and some car shows I had visit I was thinking to update my car and had start looking for some good products. I saw here on team shelby that many of the 07 and 08 owners at this time had buy already the JLT CF CAI + tune, the CPC SHOCK TOWER COVERS and the CPC BATTERY & MASTER CYLINDER COVER KIT and they had love the parts. So I order the parts also from the JLT webside and I was really happy that everthing was send to me really fast. I don't had any problems to put all the parts on my 2008 Shelby and the CPC SHOCK TOWER COVERS had also fit perfectly.

Now to my 2010 GT500:

In June 2009 I had order me a Kona Blue 2010 GT500 and I was lucky to become it in the same week.

I had love it how Ford had build the Car new but I had want to make it better looking. At this time there was not many Companys that had stuff for the 2010 GT500 out and still there are not many things out. First I had look again on the webside from JLT Performance to find out if maybe the 07-09 parts will fit on my 10' because i had love them on my 08' but at this time he don't had something online and I was thinking to send them a mail the next day to ask when JLT Performance have something coming out for the 10'. This why I was looking really surprise when I had get a mail from Jay Tucker on team shelby before I had send them something. HAHA I was thinking he had must read my minds. He had ask me if he can have my car for some days to try some parts for the 2010 GT500 on that he know that all parts will fit before he start selling them!! You all know what my answer was. So I had give him my car for a week and after I had pick it up it had looks so awesome. He had put a blue JLT CF CAI Tube, the Redline Tuning Hood Lifter in Kona Blue, the CPC SHOCK TOWER COVERS in Kona Blue, the CPC BATTERY & MASTER CYLINDER COVERS in Kona Blue and the Painted Ford GT500 Strut Tower Bar with white stripes and it all had looks and also had FIT PERFECTLY!!!!!

After a week driving around I had found out that there was some scratches on the BATTERY & MASTER CYLINDER COVERS. Some off the paint was gone and after some hours looking for the problem I had found out that the hood was scratching the covers. I had give him a call strait after I had found it out and he had stop to have this product online in the same time. First we was thinking that the hood had a other size then the one from the 2007-09 GT500's so Jay had call the company that had build the product and they had say him no it must fit!! He was working on this part for over 3 weeks to make it fit that this not happens again because I want them still on my car but after 2 days I had found again some scratches but this time smaller. At the end we had found out that the parts and the size from the hood was not the problem, it was Ford because they had put some of the hoods wrong on the GT500's. It had take me some time to fix the hood problem but now everything is fine again but JLT Performance still will not selling them for the 2010 GT500 because they don't want that other Customer will have the same problems until Ford don't fix the problem with the hood. Oh and by the way JLT had pay for all the shipping and for painting the Covers 2 times!

Some months later I had buy me the Eibach Pro-Street S coil over kit in the Shelby store. After i had let somebody put all the parts on my because I be don't know how to do it, I had want to put my CPC SHOCK TOWER COVERS back on the car because I had need to take them off for installing the Eibach kit but it don't work. I was thinking mmhhh why I can't put them on anymore because I had take them off and put them on many times before and it was every time so easy if you do it the right way. Sorry to say this but even if its was cold outside it was never a problem for me and also for some of my friends that have them too. I had look closer and had found out that the strut nuts where longer then the one from Ford and this why it dont had Fit anymore. So next time I had to stop at Jays Shop because I had order from him some Hydro Carbon parts I had show him my problem and he had to say sorry but the only way to make them fit is to make a hole in the middle. I dont' want a hole in them so I had let him cut off some inch of the strut nuts even after he had say he don't think this is a good idea. Now it fit again and I still can take them off and put them on every time I want and I never had get a cracke on them doing this. By the way he had fix my problem for free! Jay Thanks again for doing this.

About Customer Service I can tell you some storys from JLT Performance too because I had spend some waiting time in his shop. Jay is having the best Customer Service so far I ever had see. He not only is having some really good people working there and answer all the questions people have, he as the Boss and normaly as a Boss you don't need to do this because this why you have your people to answer calls or questions from Customers, it is because he care what happens after they have buy something from him. I mean even when he was out for lunch or the store was already closed he still answer his phone and help them. He had say to mee on time when I was there and had hear how he had talk with a costumer it is better losing some money and sending a new part out for free then having somebody out there that is not happy with his product if there was somthing wrong with it.

Last year there was a big storm coming to Norfolk and all the streets and many houses had stand under water. I was at the Shop at the time it happens to pick up some of my Hydro Carbon Fiber parts when this happens and I can say you it was really bad what I had saw in this time. I could not leave there because my GT500 is not a truck and also don't work good with water together so Jay had let me stay at his house in this time because there was no way to get a room in a hotel. We had try many times to get to his shop at this time to get my parts out and when the water finally was so low that he get to his shop the first thing what he and his Wife was doing is not to clean up the shop, they start calling Customers back, answer emails and get the stuff out that people had order even if they had to pay more for shipping then normaly that the Customer will get everything in time. I mean I saw Jay staying to his knees in water outside of the store and answer a question from somebody that had problems to put some parts on the car and in the night when the water was coming back again he put my parts in his own Garage at his home on my car because it was more importent for him that I had get my parts on the car and be happy then watching the news about how high the water will be the next days again in his shop.

So if somebody is saying after reading my experience with JLT Performance that Jay don't care about his Customers and is not trying everything to fix a problem and is also selling stuff that don't fit in the Car then I need to say this is BIG BS!!! People that are saying this must be too stupid to put something together and then saying that it don't work because it must be a bad product or they don't want to help me is the best and easy way for them to show that they are not stupid!!! I mean its like buying a Shelby from Ford, driving it on Snow and Ice in the Winter, then crashing it because you don't know how to drive and other people had also warn you not to drive fast and then saying Ford is having a bad Costomer Service because they have build a Car that can't drive on snow and ice with 70mph and now they also don't will give me a new Car for free or the money back!

Torched10 if you really had become a bad product from JLT Performance because there was somthing wrong in the production I belive that Jay will do everything to send you for Free a new part and he also will help you to put the part on your car if you don't know how to do it but I can totally understand him if he don't want to pay you the money back or send you a new product if the part from him was ok and he also had try to help you with your problem! It looks more for me like you had put the parts wrong on the car even with help, cracke them, want then the money back from him even it was not his foult and hope after this had not workout that if you post something about this here on TS that Jay will pay you the money back because he will be scaryt to lose some Customers that you can write after this how good the Customer Service was from him!! :redcard: I know there are bad Vendors out that don't care about Customers after they have the money from them or also deleting everything that looks bad for them but Jay Tucker is not one of them!!

Man this totally wild. jay sends me emails with a total attitude and thenp0sts this BS about reaching out to me blah -blah.I dont have time to do this stuff, just wantd to make sure TS memberwere aware of what happend.I also bought strut brace and CAI froom JLT and like them alot,totalled $400, and based on this whole email and posting exchange with JLT im taking them off my car and sending them back for a credit from JLT--its just not worth looking at them and thinking of this whole mess.Ill see if I can get this whole thread killed--sorry if some of you guys might be upset --thats sure wasnt my intention.

Ok guys before I write something here about this Strut Cap problem and the JLT Customer Service I want that you all know that I don't get pay for doing this, I also don't get some free stuff from JLT Performance and also nobody from them had force me to do this!!! I was planning to write something about my car here on team shelby as soon I had finish my Kona Blue 2010 Project but it looks like some people have problems to put some of the parts I already have on my 2010 GT500 on there own 2010 GT500 and then they thinking now this is a problem that JLT had produce and will not help them to fix the it!!!!!

OK I will start here first with some of my Customer Service and JLT Product experience from my 2008 GT500:

I love good Cars, maybe it is because I be from Germany and this why I had buy me 2008 my first Shelby GT500. After some months and some car shows I had visit I was thinking to update my car and had start looking for some good products. I saw here on team shelby that many of the 07 and 08 owners at this time had buy already the JLT CF CAI + tune, the CPC SHOCK TOWER COVERS and the CPC BATTERY & MASTER CYLINDER COVER KIT and they had love the parts. So I order the parts also from the JLT webside and I was really happy that everthing was send to me really fast. I don't had any problems to put all the parts on my 2008 Shelby and the CPC SHOCK TOWER COVERS had also fit perfectly.

Now to my 2010 GT500:

In June 2009 I had order me a Kona Blue 2010 GT500 and I was lucky to become it in the same week.

I had love it how Ford had build the Car new but I had want to make it better looking. At this time there was not many Companys that had stuff for the 2010 GT500 out and still there are not many things out. First I had look again on the webside from JLT Performance to find out if maybe the 07-09 parts will fit on my 10' because i had love them on my 08' but at this time he don't had something online and I was thinking to send them a mail the next day to ask when JLT Performance have something coming out for the 10'. This why I was looking really surprise when I had get a mail from Jay Tucker on team shelby before I had send them something. HAHA I was thinking he had must read my minds. He had ask me if he can have my car for some days to try some parts for the 2010 GT500 on that he know that all parts will fit before he start selling them!! You all know what my answer was. So I had give him my car for a week and after I had pick it up it had looks so awesome. He had put a blue JLT CF CAI Tube, the Redline Tuning Hood Lifter in Kona Blue, the CPC SHOCK TOWER COVERS in Kona Blue, the CPC BATTERY & MASTER CYLINDER COVERS in Kona Blue and the Painted Ford GT500 Strut Tower Bar with white stripes and it all had looks and also had FIT PERFECTLY!!!!!

After a week driving around I had found out that there was some scratches on the BATTERY & MASTER CYLINDER COVERS. Some off the paint was gone and after some hours looking for the problem I had found out that the hood was scratching the covers. I had give him a call strait after I had found it out and he had stop to have this product online in the same time. First we was thinking that the hood had a other size then the one from the 2007-09 GT500's so Jay had call the company that had build the product and they had say him no it must fit!! He was working on this part for over 3 weeks to make it fit that this not happens again because I want them still on my car but after 2 days I had found again some scratches but this time smaller. At the end we had found out that the parts and the size from the hood was not the problem, it was Ford because they had put some of the hoods wrong on the GT500's. It had take me some time to fix the hood problem but now everything is fine again but JLT Performance still will not selling them for the 2010 GT500 because they don't want that other Customer will have the same problems until Ford don't fix the problem with the hood. Oh and by the way JLT had pay for all the shipping and for painting the Covers 2 times!

Some months later I had buy me the Eibach Pro-Street S coil over kit in the Shelby store. After i had let somebody put all the parts on my because I be don't know how to do it, I had want to put my CPC SHOCK TOWER COVERS back on the car because I had need to take them off for installing the Eibach kit but it don't work. I was thinking mmhhh why I can't put them on anymore because I had take them off and put them on many times before and it was every time so easy if you do it the right way. Sorry to say this but even if its was cold outside it was never a problem for me and also for some of my friends that have them too. I had look closer and had found out that the strut nuts where longer then the one from Ford and this why it dont had Fit anymore. So next time I had to stop at Jays Shop because I had order from him some Hydro Carbon parts I had show him my problem and he had to say sorry but the only way to make them fit is to make a hole in the middle. I dont' want a hole in them so I had let him cut off some inch of the strut nuts even after he had say he don't think this is a good idea. Now it fit again and I still can take them off and put them on every time I want and I never had get a cracke on them doing this. By the way he had fix my problem for free! Jay Thanks again for doing this.

About Customer Service I can tell you some storys from JLT Performance too because I had spend some waiting time in his shop. Jay is having the best Customer Service so far I ever had see. He not only is having some really good people working there and answer all the questions people have, he as the Boss and normaly as a Boss you don't need to do this because this why you have your people to answer calls or questions from Customers, it is because he care what happens after they have buy something from him. I mean even when he was out for lunch or the store was already closed he still answer his phone and help them. He had say to mee on time when I was there and had hear how he had talk with a costumer it is better losing some money and sending a new part out for free then having somebody out there that is not happy with his product if there was somthing wrong with it.

Last year there was a big storm coming to Norfolk and all the streets and many houses had stand under water. I was at the Shop at the time it happens to pick up some of my Hydro Carbon Fiber parts when this happens and I can say you it was really bad what I had saw in this time. I could not leave there because my GT500 is not a truck and also don't work good with water together so Jay had let me stay at his house in this time because there was no way to get a room in a hotel. We had try many times to get to his shop at this time to get my parts out and when the water finally was so low that he get to his shop the first thing what he and his Wife was doing is not to clean up the shop, they start calling Customers back, answer emails and get the stuff out that people had order even if they had to pay more for shipping then normaly that the Customer will get everything in time. I mean I saw Jay staying to his knees in water outside of the store and answer a question from somebody that had problems to put some parts on the car and in the night when the water was coming back again he put my parts in his own Garage at his home on my car because it was more importent for him that I had get my parts on the car and be happy then watching the news about how high the water will be the next days again in his shop.

So if somebody is saying after reading my experience with JLT Performance that Jay don't care about his Customers and is not trying everything to fix a problem and is also selling stuff that don't fit in the Car then I need to say this is BIG BS!!! People that are saying this must be too stupid to put something together and then saying that it don't work because it must be a bad product or they don't want to help me is the best and easy way for them to show that they are not stupid!!! I mean its like buying a Shelby from Ford, driving it on Snow and Ice in the Winter, then crashing it because you don't know how to drive and other people had also warn you not to drive fast and then saying Ford is having a bad Costomer Service because they have build a Car that can't drive on snow and ice with 70mph and now they also don't will give me a new Car for free or the money back!

Torched10 if you really had become a bad product from JLT Performance because there was somthing wrong in the production I belive that Jay will do everything to send you for Free a new part and he also will help you to put the part on your car if you don't know how to do it but I can totally understand him if he don't want to pay you the money back or send you a new product if the part from him was ok and he also had try to help you with your problem! It looks more for me like you had put the parts wrong on the car even with help, cracke them, want then the money back from him even it was not his foult and hope after this had not workout that if you post something about this here on TS that Jay will pay you the money back because he will be scaryt to lose some Customers that you can write after this how good the Customer Service was from him!! :redcard: I know there are bad Vendors out that don't care about Customers after they have the money from them or also deleting everything that looks bad for them but Jay Tucker is not one of them!!

Ill post a pic of the cracked part,and all i can say is heis emails were far from customer friendly--

Man this totally wild. jay sends me emails with a total attitude and thenp0sts this BS about reaching out to me blah -blah.I dont have time to do this stuff, just wantd to make sure TS memberwere aware of what happend.I.

Let me help you with posting of my rude emails to you.

This is Sunday.

I check email to see your email that you broke your cap and want a refund:

Bob,

You see all the installed pictures I have sent and posted on my web site.

You have read where others have installed them without issue and I also offered to except them back before you damaged them.

One torch red cover is no good to me as I can not purchase just one cover.

I would suggest you contact CPC, the manufacture of the product to discuss fitment and them replacing the cap for you. JLT does not manufacture this product, we just paint them, but I can say we have sold hundreds as well as installed several of them, so we do know they fit.

If CPC will replace the cap I am willing to repaint it at no cost.

I hope you understand, I tried the best I could to help you through the install.

Let me know what they say

Jay Tucker

JLT Performance

The rest of the emails from me helping you with suggestions, pictures and tips on the install are at the shop. If you'd like I can post them in the morning.

Good night

Jay

Archived