TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alloy Dave's car arrived on 1/3/06

Alloy Dave

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're welcome Dave. Thanks for the information about the condition of your hood. Please follow-up with that whenever you get a chance.

Thanks!

Point of contention: I said classiest, not best. ;)

But what do I know? I have an upside down signature.

Preach the word brother Orf....congrats Dave....now take the TCS off and nail it....hang on....

anyone else think the grabber looks like a popsickle :hysterical2:

Preach the word brother Orf....congrats Dave....now take the TCS off and nail it....hang on....

Cutter,

Don't you need to go to the post office or something. :finger:

Go is faster anyways. It has to do with the air and color seperation at speeds over 60 MPH.

Go is faster anyways. It has to do with the air and color seperation at speeds over 60 MPH.

Just you wait. I ordered a Flux Capacitor yesterday. Just watch what happens at 88 mph. 1 point 21 gigawatts, which is inexplicably pronounced jigawatts.

:sos::sos: Bring in the garde. Need to :stirpot::chairshot:

What stealth black color is for the F117 is GO for the GT500. It is impossible to pick up on radar in flight. You are just jealous that we will not get any speeding tickets.

I agree it's rude, but I just politely answer by saying "The MSRP is about $41,000". Let them figure out the rest.

My wife has expressed her concern...saying the "ladies will be all over you". I just roll my eyes. I'm happily married...she says it kiddingly (SCGT...is kiddingly a word? If not, I'll "bush-i-cize" it and make it one :hysterical: ).

I ran my finger across there at the dealer..felt small bumps. But the lighting was not good enough to really look at it well. I've not been into the supercharger much yet....so I'll get a pic or two in the next couple days and post them on that thread. I wish we'd get a sunny day here so I can really look this thing over.

Thanks again for your kind comments Son.

Dave

Regarding your first comment....thanks.

Now on that 2nd comment......

:hysterical2::hysterical2:

AND

:hysterical::hysterical:

AND

:yahoo::woot::woot::woot:

Dave

Congratulations .... isnt the wait worth it ? Your car is really gorgous and I know your having a blast driving it.

One thing I picked up is on power. I havent raced anyone yet ... nor have I had the car dynoed but it doesnt feel fast. I say that with saying in the next breath its very fast and I think it boils down to the power being so linear as u indicated.

I plan on getting my car dynoed later this month and I have the Evolution Stage I kit so I expect to be making close to 500 rwhp.

Enjoy the car and be safe it with ... IT IS A MAGNET !

dond

Thanks for taking the time to document the arrival in such an entertaing post. Congratulations man :banana piano:

I love the color although I may be a little biased. I like the red accents with alloy. I had a 86 Turbo coupe T Bird that was a close match to alloy. It had a red stripe on the rocker panel cladding and I thought it looked great. The stiching may be a little over the top though.

Sounds like your dealer experience was top notch. It's nice to know that there are still dealers like that out there.

Enjoy your new ride :shift:

I can't believe I missed this thread. Congratulations on getting your car, thrilling isn't it. Enjoy it and little advice. Do not drive around town with the traction control off. It can get you in serious trouble, it did me. I was lucky enough to have remembered all those driving skills and avoid a real heart breaker. Try squirting the throttle a little with the traction control off, left hand turn and lots of recovery room. :hysterical2:

Dave,

CONGRATS!!! :yahoo:

I got mine too, on Tuesday. I just went to "look" at the Grabber Orange car my dealer had and I couldn't resist driving it home. I'm weak, I couldn't wait for the alloy one. If I'm ever home when the sun is up I'll post a pic or two. Tomorrow it's supposed to be very windy, last night it rained and snowed. The weather Gods are not on my side. IT's safely tucked away in the garage. I have had time to take the dealer plate off of it!

Karen

Dave,

I got mine too, on Tuesday. I just went to "look" at the Grabber Orange car my dealer had and I couldn't resist driving it home. I'm weak, I couldn't wait for the alloy one. If I'm ever home when the sun is up I'll post a pic or two. Tomorrow it's supposed to be very windy, last night it rained and snowed. The weather Gods are not on my side. IT's safely tucked away in the garage. I have had time to take the dealer plate off of it!

Karen

Karen,

I see that once you saw the GO you caved in. Good choice. It is beautiful isn't it. You are very lucky. The GO color is one of the rare ones too, so I hear. I am glad your happy.

Rob

Dave,

Karen

Karen It's 7:15 PM Friday night. No wind right now. Bring your 500 and meet me at the weekly car gathering at Bob's Big Boy in Toluca Lake! Two GO 500'S! Let's go!

I thought the Pink one was rare? Let me guess, I am 'off topic' again? :finger:

Kelly Clarkson can keep the pink ones. She bought them at the same dealer (or I think I was told something like that). To be honest, I don't remember a word the salesman said... I do remember telling some guy, 3 times, to "GET OFF MY CAR!!!!" He was leaning on it, with a cell phone or something just inches from the paint. I guess the third time I was a little loud cuz everyone looked at me like I was some raving maniac. All the salesmen smiled.

How do you post a pic?? <Blonde look and off topic> I'm not a computer wiz...

Kelly Clarkson can keep the pink ones. She bought them at the same dealer (or I think I was told something like that). To be honest, I don't remember a word the salesman said... I do remember telling some guy, 3 times, to "GET OFF MY CAR!!!!" He was leaning on it, with a cell phone or something just inches from the paint. I guess the third time I was a little loud cuz everyone looked at me like I was some raving maniac. All the salesmen smiled.

How do you post a pic?? <Blonde look and off topic> I'm not a computer wiz...

Let me guess, Galpin Ford, Right?

Dave

Thanks R (I think that's Robert :hysterical: ). I will drive on non-rainy, non-snowy, non-salt-covered days. Is that too many restrictions? :hysterical2:

Dave - Be nice

I'm parked until May because of the salt, snow. Never mind the extra month after the snow leaves that it takes for the road sweepers to get that 3/4" crush off the roads that they have spread on roads thru the winter.

A little sympathy for us folk up in the Great white North. :hysterical2:

Dave,

Karen

Karen,

Another GO car. Congrats too. You can not resist the force.

Archived