TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Upgrade

ShelbyNeon

I own Shelby Dakota 233. I have most of the orignal parts except for the air cleaner and valve covers which were removed my the previous owner. I added an Edelbrock manifold (with the original TBI adapted) and headers with true dual exhaust. I am looking to rebuild the engine and upgrade similar to the original Shelby upgrade package. I am looking for a 360 TB (which I cannot find anywhere). If anyone has one or any Shelby parts please let me know.

Thx

• 2 months later...

Let me know how the performance mods work out. Mine has a cat back exhaust with a turbo muffler single inlet dual outlet. I'm going to go with a flowmaster muffler single inlet dual outlet (no headers though) for more tone. My air pump was already locked up with no belt so i want to seal it off to keep gasses from backing into the unused pump (it makes the exhaust sound funny). I'm going to check the local dealership to see if they can still get the seal off kit. And probally do some other mods like a higher performance ignition system and some other goodies. Not sure yet what to do though. Not sure if i want the cat gutted,removed or a highflow one installed will check local muffler shops in the coming weeks. :D

• 2 months later...

Let me know how the performance mods work out. Mine has a cat back exhaust with a turbo muffler single inlet dual outlet. I'm going to go with a flowmaster muffler single inlet dual outlet (no headers though) for more tone. My air pump was already locked up with no belt so i want to seal it off to keep gasses from backing into the unused pump (it makes the exhaust sound funny). I'm going to check the local dealership to see if they can still get the seal off kit. And probally do some other mods like a higher performance ignition system and some other goodies. Not sure yet what to do though. Not sure if i want the cat gutted,removed or a highflow one installed will check local muffler shops in the coming weeks. :D

I thought I located a 360 TBI, but it was another 318 TBI. That is the last missing piece. Have no leads on one either.

I thought I located a 360 TBI, but it was another 318 TBI. That is the last missing piece. Have no leads on one either.

Shouldn't be too hard to find a 360 out of a van or truck in the boneyard. I found mine there. Also take the intake manifold since the top inlet port is larger to match the 360 throttle body outlet.

• 1 year later...

Hey Steve i know this has been answered before somewhere.. Sorry about this.. I've been offline for a while and i'm wanting to know what all i have to get to do the S/D hipro kit? (I have also read in other forums that a 360 ecm would make the factory tac gauge in tha dakota not function)Is this true? I already have the flowmaster 40 1 inlet dual outlet muffler installed and i already have the electric fans bypassed so they aren't relying on the factory ecm settings(which i had trouble in that area before). Basically i have 3 extra relays and 2 adjustable thermostats installed under the battery tray. What all do i need to do S/D upgrade hipro kit? Any help in this area would be great.. Thanks Steve..

Leonard

Hey Steve i know this has been answered before somewhere.. Sorry about this.. I've been offline for a while and i'm wanting to know what all i have to get to do the S/D hipro kit? (I have also read in other forums that a 360 ecm would make the factory tac gauge in tha dakota not function)Is this true? I already have the flowmaster 40 1 inlet dual outlet muffler installed and i already have the electric fans bypassed so they aren't relying on the factory ecm settings(which i had trouble in that area before). Basically i have 3 extra relays and 2 adjustable thermostats installed under the battery tray. What all do i need to do S/D upgrade hipro kit? Any help in this area would be great.. Thanks Steve..

Leonard

Correct, the full size trucks did not have a tachometer so there is no previoson in their SMEC's for a tach feed/circuit.

Steve

Hey Steve gm to you and everyone reading,

So if i gathered my info right i need to get a 360 tbi , the intake manifold and the smec <-ecm and install everything and it should work great..

Thanks Steve... Leonard

Archived