TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Used Dynotech driveshaft-need help

I bought a used Dynotech driveshaft ($400) and have run into the following problems/questions.

1) I didn't get the instuctions/contents list/torque specs...can anybody post them? Dynotech is closed on the weekend of course.

2) I didn't get the 4 bolts used to connect the rear flange to the adaptor mounted on the pinion/rearend. What diameter...length....thread pitch (SAE or MM)....bolt hardness???

3) I suspicion that the universals were replaced and the flanges got put on the wrong ends of the shaft. The flange that has the holes of the same diameter as the bolts that go into the transmission is on the thicker solid end. This makes it so that the end of the shaft with the slip yoke and the rubber boot goes onto the rear adapter. My limited experience is that the slip yoke with the expanding rubber boot goes on the front at the transmission...am I right or wrong.

Put another way. The shaft is narrower on one end than the other. Does the narrow end with the rubber boot go toward the front or rear?

4) blue or red loctite?

5) torque specs?

Please help if you know the answers for sure.

Thanks, GREG

• 2 months later...

I had the one piece Dynotech driveshaft installed on Tuesday and I thought I felt a vibration and today I took her out and put about 90 miles on it and it is without doubt vibrating at 2200 rpms.

Can someone post pictures of the correct way to install the driveshaft and I also would love a copy of the install sheet SINCE IT WAS NOT INCLUDED IN THE BOX

What exactly is causing vibration at 2200 rpms it feels like it is not balanced.

Griggs Racing told me to stay away from 1-piece driveshafts because of the high percentage of vibrations. However, with my future power mods it will be a must. I really thought the answer was the Dnyotech, but maybe they are no different.

Nordic - the first thing I would try is unbolt the DS and rotate it 180 degrees and bolt it back. Maybe that will help?

Griggs Racing told me to stay away from 1-piece driveshafts because of the high percentage of vibrations. However, with my future power mods it will be a must. I really thought the answer was the Dnyotech, but maybe they are no different.

Nordic - the first thing I would try is unbolt the DS and rotate it 180 degrees and bolt it back. Maybe that will help?

Thats what you do..if not remove and take to a DS shop to get checked for balance...

Thanks for the advise. I am going to rotate it 180 degrees and hopefully that will solve the issue. I did leave two messages with DynoTech and haven't received a call back yet. I HATE THAT WHEN COMPANIES DO NOT CALL BACK WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME.

There also is a clutch and u-joint shop in Burnsville MN that should be able to balance it, that is if it is out of balance.

Thats what you do..if not remove and take to a DS shop to get checked for balance...

You da Man Randy salute.gif I want a road racer not a Vibrator hysterical.gif

Oh yeah Thanks Greg for sending me the instructions we did have it installed corretly with the rubber boot going towards the rear end. I'm hoping rotating it 180 will solve the issue.

If the 180 degree option doesn't do it, you may want to return it and try one from Axle Exchange. I called them last week and was really impressed with their knowledge and state of the art balancing equipment they use.

http://www.axle-exchange.com/

Of course if your car is lowered and the pinion angle is not correct, then that's not the DS's fault. Axle Exchange can help with those measurements as well.

Archived