TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lawdude's Pix

lawdude

As far as I can tell, the install went great. A little on the pricey side. How can I tell if the fans are working like they're supposed to?

A little pricey? The most I have seen is 2.5 to 3 hours to install the heat exchanger. And that was by a young guy who was all thumbs and it was the first car he ever touched. Heck, SAI charges 4 hours to install the Heat Exchanger, Radiator and Engine Bay Reservoirs. That is the complete removal of the stock system and installation of the new system. How many hours did you get charged?

It's probably hard to tell when the fans come on because it is so cold out right now. If the IAT2 temperatures exceed 120 degrees the heat exchanger water pump should activate and if the fans are wired properly the fans should turn on with the water pump for the heat exchanger.

I recently put up a post because I have more an more 2010 customers asking me about bypassing the relay controlled by the ECU. Once we know specifically where the relay that controls the water pump is on the 2010's we can bypass the relay and do a simple test.

I recently put up a post because I have more an more 2010 customers asking me about bypassing the relay controlled by the ECU. Once we know specifically where the relay that controls the water pump is on the 2010's we can bypass the relay and do a simple test.

It is right next to the FP relay in the BJB.

It is right next to the FP relay in the BJB.

Do you have a picture by chance? That's a great description but doesn't do much for somebody who has never owned one of these cars and doesn't under stand FP relay in the BJB. I personally don't own a 10' so I can't assist without a photo.

A little pricey? The most I have seen is 2.5 to 3 hours to install the heat exchanger. And that was by a young guy who was all thumbs and it was the first car he ever touched. Heck, SAI charges 4 hours to install the Heat Exchanger, Radiator and Engine Bay Reservoirs. That is the complete removal of the stock system and installation of the new system. How many hours did you get charged?

It's probably hard to tell when the fans come on because it is so cold out right now. If the IAT2 temperatures exceed 120 degrees the heat exchanger water pump should activate and if the fans are wired properly the fans should turn on with the water pump for the heat exchanger.

I paid for 9 hours. Installation cost more than the heat exchanger.

I paid for 9 hours. Installation cost more than the heat exchanger.

That is absolutely ABSURD!! Yes that was a little shout out to Michael.............Dude, are you kidding me? 9 hours. A whole day to install a heat exchanger?

Hello. I realize Michael didn't install it but who did, Mr. Magoo? I think you paid for a lot breaks in between.

This heat exchanger is not rocket science to install. They took 3 times the amount of time it should have. Ridiculous. And they had my phone number if they had any questions. I never got a call. Seems like they figured it out on their own and on your dime.

That's way over the top.

The maximum anybody should every be charged for this install is 3 hours.

That is absolutely ABSURD!! Yes that was a little shout out to Michael.............Dude, are you kidding me? 9 hours. A whole day to install a heat exchanger?

Hello. I realize Michael didn't install it but who did, Mr. Magoo? I think you paid for a lot breaks in between.

This heat exchanger is not rocket science to install. They took 3 times the amount of time it should have. Ridiculous. And they had my phone number if they had any questions. I never got a call. Seems like they figured it out on their own and on your dime.

That's way over the top.

The maximum anybody should every be charged for this install is 3 hours.

I'll look for the paper work to make sure. It went with me to Athens, back home, and is somewhere in the stuff I unpacked.

Archived