TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Borla vs KR's

I'm thinking of switching to the KR axle backs. The Borla's from the SS package don't sound bad but I don't like the drone at around 1700 to 2000 rpm. That's right where I drive just above the speed limit in 6th gear. Everyone says the KR's don't drone at all and I'm looking for feedback from those of you who have switched from the Borla's to the KR's. Where is the best place to buy the KR's as well and how much are they?

Thanks

Don

My car is a vert and when I drive with the roof up I hear a definate drone around 60mph which is roughly 1800 rpm. On a longer trip it gets annoying after a while. Maybe I need to get the car up on a hoist and see if the pipes are touching the frame or the braces under the car. I'm not really looking for a louder car I just want to get rid of the drone.

Don

I switched just this morning from Borla (11752) to KR's. I think there is drone @ 1800 or so on the KR's where there was none w/ the Borlas. I still have the stock gt500 midpipe. KR's are not significantly louder but they are much more raspy. I have only driven home in traffic so, have not had time to put them through their paces.

I got mine at buyfordracing (free shipping) and 499.00 a set. They are on the front page and labeled "special mufflers".

I switched just this morning from Borla (11752) to KR's. I think there is drone @ 1800 or so on the KR's where there was none w/ the Borlas. I still have the stock gt500 midpipe. KR's are not significantly louder but they are much more raspy. I have only driven home in traffic so, have not had time to put them through their paces.

I got mine at buyfordracing (free shipping) and 499.00 a set. They are on the front page and labeled "special mufflers".

I haven't noticed any drone with mine, on either car; one is a 3V 4.6. The KR muffs do seem to break in (for lack of better term) and get slightly quieter and less raspy with age.

I have the KRs with the stock pipe. Absolutly no drone and plenty loud at WOT and nice and muscle car sounding otherwise. I go topless quite a bit :)

Thanks for the response. I LOL'ed when I read it. I might take the leap. I guess if I don't like them I can always sell them again. By the way, with all this talk of going topless, I thought I should provide a link to a very funny song.

Don

Here's the link: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8094657883811086658&ei=ZjJBS6aqHIzOrAKNrNmdAg&q=rodney+carrington#

Thanks for the response. I LOL'ed when I read it. I might take the leap. I guess if I don't like them I can always sell them again. By the way, with all this talk of going topless, I thought I should provide a link to a very funny song.

Don

Here's the link: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8094657883811086658&ei=ZjJBS6aqHIzOrAKNrNmdAg&q=rodney+carrington#

The KR's are quite a bit louder than the Borla. The Borla's sound great if you take the cats off! If you live in a place that does not smog inspect you should drop the cats and see what you think. Will also free up some HP and allow you to run C16.

The KR's sound REALLY bad without cats.

The KR's are quite a bit louder than the Borla. The Borla's sound great if you take the cats off! If you live in a place that does not smog inspect you should drop the cats and see what you think. Will also free up some HP and allow you to run C16.

The KR's sound REALLY bad without cats.

Lee, are you running without cats? If so, have you had any adverse issues with tune or anything else?

Mark

Archived