TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Dodge Shelby Chargers in or near Ohio

I'm new to this forum and am hoping to find DSC folks near me in Cincinnati, OH and 2010 car events to attend involving these cars. I plan to join SDAC (again - was last a member in the mid-late 80s) and figure local events will be scheduled for the upcoming year.

I have a huge soft spot for the DSC since it was my first car, bought new in '85. Looking forward to meeting some new friends this year that love these cars.

I'm new to this forum and am hoping to find DSC folks near me in Cincinnati, OH and 2010 car events to attend involving these cars. I plan to join SDAC (again - was last a member in the mid-late 80s) and figure local events will be scheduled for the upcoming year.

I have a huge soft spot for the DSC since it was my first car, bought new in '85. Looking forward to meeting some new friends this year that love these cars.

Well Blaine, I'm not near Cincy but I am an SDAC member and would reccomend that club in addtion to your Team Shelby Membership! Teams Shelby's Vegas Bash is next week and although I broke my GLHS recently and it won't be fixed in time for the Bash, I'll be taking my 'Shelby Inspired' Shelby Rampage-the L body with a bed. SDAC has their national meets near your area each year the weekend after Fathers day (actually Cincy was last years spot) Gettysburg PA this year.

Looking forward to more Shelby Charger stories, the write up about the day you purchased your car was a great read on your website B)

Alan

Hello Cybershelby!

Welcome to Team Shelby. Unfortunately, I don't live even remotely close to you either, but I do always enjoy chatting with fellow fans of the L body Shelby's! I have owned 2 1987 Shelby Chargers in the past (1 black, 1 garnet), and I currently own an 87 GLHS and an 86 Turbo Z. The 'tona is my daily driver.

Hi,

I'm Randall Arnold and live in Dayton. I too have a Shelby Charger. Mine is an '86 and it was my first brand new car. I still have it. I am also President of the Viper Club of America Ohio Region, we currently have 126 members. We will be putting on two Charity car show this year. I'm a BIG Shelby Dodge fan. You can check out our website at www.viperclubohio.org A lot of our members have Shelby Dodge vehicles besides our Vipers. Like to see you at some of our events. You can reach me at daytonprowler@yahoo.com I'm also a Prowler and Shelby GT owner. Love all Shelbys.

Take care

• 5 months later...

4 JULY 2010

Thanks for the replies...

Still looking for Dodge Shelby Chargers near Cincinnati...

Found this very low mile 1987 DSC that will be offered at

http://www.moparfest.com/for_sale.htm

but the car came withour A/C ... which I must have.

Looking for:

1. local owners

2. local SDAC or Mopar events

3. A really nice DSC that is for sale

Happy 4th!

Blaine

cybershelby@yahoo.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 JULY 2010

Thanks for the replies...

Still looking for Dodge Shelby Chargers near Cincinnati...

Found this very low mile 1987 DSC that will be offered at

http://www.moparfest.com/for_sale.htm

but the car came withour A/C ... which I must have.

Looking for:

1. local owners

2. local SDAC or Mopar events

3. A really nice DSC that is for sale

Happy 4th!

Blaine

cybershelby@yahoo.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blaine

That SC does look nice and A/C can be added but in this economy I think you could get a decent GLHS Charger for $5-6K. Sure it would probably have a few more miles than this one but it is a buyers market right now and my opinion you would do better with a GLHS.

Steve

Blaine

That SC does look nice and A/C can be added but in this economy I think you could get a decent GLHS Charger for $5-6K. Sure it would probably have a few more miles than this one but it is a buyers market right now and my opinion you would do better with a GLHS.

Steve

Thanks for the reply Steve ... I'd love the performance of the GLHS, but I've never liked the look and big GLHS decals. Thus, I really want a DSC in primo shape ... stock or with upgraded engine (like a T2 or GLHS motor).

... so how hard is it to add AC?

... so how hard is it to add AC?

If I were in your shoes I would just purchase a second "parts car" Shelby Charger with ac and transfer the parts over. It's really not that difficult as dealerships would upgrade non-ac cars all the time if that's what it took to make a sale back when these things were new.

Steve

• 1 month later...

If I were in your shoes I would just purchase a second "parts car" Shelby Charger with ac and transfer the parts over. It's really not that difficult as dealerships would upgrade non-ac cars all the time if that's what it took to make a sale back when these things were new.

Steve

Chris: I live in Grove City, just south of Columbus. But we get down to Cinn. for SCCA meetings. I race a 1983 Dodge Shelby Charger in SCCA Improved Touring B.

My website is Bn ing.net. email: billstevens61@att.net

post-29993-128396649177_thumb.jpg

post-29993-128396649177_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi. I know you posted this a while ago but I thought you might still be interested. I live in Cincinnati in the Colerain area. I have owned a couple of Shelby Chargers over the years. The first was a Garnet 1985 that I bought fron Joseph Chevrolet with just 64K on it. I kept that several years but I sold it when I bought a Shelby Lancer.

My current car is a 1986 S/C that has just 17K original miles. The car has a pretty good history. It was the giveaway car at the 2001 Chryslers at Carlisle car show. At the time it was given away it had just 4900 miles on it. I found the car on Ebay in 2004 . The car did not sell during the auction. After it ended I sent the owner an email asking if he would be interested it trading the car for a motorcycle I had at the time. We worked out a deal and the car was mine. In 2006 the car was entered in the Concours D Elagance at Ault park here in Cincy. I was very fortunate to win a first place award at that show. I love this car and probably will never sell it. I know you said you had to have AC. My car does not have AC but that did not matter since I knew I would be hard pressed to find another with such low miles and in the shape it is in.

Archived