TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 SHELBY HOODS

JLMELTON

I've been trying to locate a new after market hood that would support the Whipple 3.4 but have been unable to find one that I like. The only one I do like is the Super Snake hood but I have been unable to locate one for a 2010 model. Does anyone know where I can pick one of these up?

I've been trying to locate a new after market hood that would support the Whipple 3.4 but have been unable to find one that I like. The only one I do like is the Super Snake hood but I have been unable to locate one for a 2010 model. Does anyone know where I can pick one of these up?

off topic, but your little pic of your car looks great

Is that a Vista blue stripe delete?

Good luck on that one.

Plus I hear that they are being sued for 6.6 Million for not paying the vendor that makes the hood and mirrors.

According to what I read, that's the *KR* hood and mirror covers (and splitter/rockers). They are carbon composite and the SS hoods are fiberglass. Apples/Oranges.

They just had the SS hoods for the '07-'09 on sale so I'll *assume* that at some point they will sell a SS/KR *style* hood for the '10+ MY. FWIW, you can still get the SS hoods, just not on sale.

I'm waiting to see what SAI says. Amy has already said they are (thinking about?) planning to make a KR *style* fiberglass hood for the 2010+ models so that's what I suspect the answer will be.

I'd buy a SS hood if they make them available. But I'd rather have a KR style hood.

HTH,

Phill

Just got off the phone with Team Shelby Parts, as of now the Super snake hoods are not available for 2010. They did say that in previous years it took about 8 months from the production of the current year until it was made available. He took down my email address and was going to make some inquires to see if he could get a better time frame. :banghead:

• 1 month later...

Just got off the phone with Team Shelby Parts, as of now the Super snake hoods are not available for 2010. They did say that in previous years it took about 8 months from the production of the current year until it was made available. He took down my email address and was going to make some inquires to see if he could get a better time frame. :banghead:

Let's please keep this thread alive... I very much want the SS hood for my 2011 Shelby

• 4 weeks later...

Let's please keep this thread alive... I very much want the SS hood for my 2011 Shelby

I found a place that has the Super Snake hood. I have been checking all over the place for the past three months and finally found this company on ebay. Wrote them an email and they said that they order their hoods, etc...straight from Shelby. Since Shelby is slow to put stuff up on their homepage/store I ordered my hood thru these guys. I think their approval rating was 98.2. Here is the link straight to their hood:

http://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/20fomugtshsu.html

I ordered mine about a week ago:

Super Snake hood $1149,99

Heat Extractor Vents $199

Hood Pin Kit $64

Shipping $169.85

Total $1582.84

I used paypal to pay for it, just in case. Some of the complaints that I have seen is that they are sometimes slow on orders, but anytime I have emailed them, they always email me back within 24 hours. Hope this helps some of you like myself, looking for a little bit of a different look.

-Chad

I found a place that has the Super Snake hood. I have been checking all over the place for the past three months and finally found this company on ebay. Wrote them an email and they said that they order their hoods, etc...straight from Shelby. Since Shelby is slow to put stuff up on their homepage/store I ordered my hood thru these guys. I think their approval rating was 98.2. Here is the link straight to their hood:

http://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/20fomugtshsu.html

I ordered mine about a week ago:

Super Snake hood $1149,99

Heat Extractor Vents $199

Hood Pin Kit $64

Shipping $169.85

Total $1582.84

I used paypal to pay for it, just in case. Some of the complaints that I have seen is that they are sometimes slow on orders, but anytime I have emailed them, they always email me back within 24 hours. Hope this helps some of you like myself, looking for a little bit of a different look.

-Chad

just in case you missed it, I copied this from the bottom of the link you posted.

"Orders are being taken now and deliveries are set to start in 6-8 weeks. This is a first come first serve basis and orders are already being delayed by Shelby."

post some pics when you get yours. definately something I'm thinking of getting

Good luck on that one.

Plus I hear that they are being sued for 6.6 Million for not paying the vendor that makes the hood and mirrors.

Do I know you?

BTW, is there not a User Control Panel that shows recent posts to replies you've made on this site? I can't figure out how to track messages with new replies like I can on FordGT500.com

Cruzin Concepts has both the Tru-fiber (KR style) and the Shelby (genuine) Super Snake hoods available. And less than the previous poster reported.

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/2010-2013mustanghoods.asp

Phill Pollard

Cruzin Concepts has both the Tru-fiber (KR style) and the Shelby (genuine) Super Snake hoods available. And less than the previous poster reported.

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/2010-2013mustanghoods.asp

Phill Pollard

They seem to have them in stock too...

As an authorized dealer through Carroll Shelby we are now carring the Offical OEM Supersnake Hood for the 2010-2013 GT500. The Shelby Supersnake hoods are made to be a very functional component on any 2010-2013 GT500 Mustang. With its aggressive ram air inspired styling and heat extraction vents it is as, if not more visually stunning as it is functional. The SuperSnake Hoods are made of Grade A light weight reinforced fiberglass and have been known to illustrate the great aftermarket fitment brought forth with almost any official Carroll Shelby Product.

This item is generally in stock and has an estimated of ship time between of 2-4 business days.

2010-2013 GT500 Super Snake Ram Air Hood

We Guarantee The Lowest Price!

The 2010- 2013 is interesting.... Strange that is available thru vendors but not direct from Shelby yet... :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

I called Cruzin Concepts a 2 weeks ago to order a 2010 Super Snake hood. The salesman wasn't sure if they used the 05-09 extractors, so he said he would check and get back to me. Well today he called back and said the he talked to Shelby and the heat extractors are part of the 2010 hood, but the hood is not available yet and they have no idea when it will be available. Good thing I didn't already order a bigger supercharger.

Anybody know anything different?

Daren

I called Cruzin Concepts a 2 weeks ago to order a 2010 Super Snake hood. The salesman wasn't sure if they used the 05-09 extractors, so he said he would check and get back to me. Well today he called back and said the he talked to Shelby and the heat extractors are part of the 2010 hood, but the hood is not available yet and they have no idea when it will be available. Good thing I didn't already order a bigger supercharger.

Anybody know anything different?

Daren

I just got a refund from BMC Extreme Customs in my account today with a letter saying that Shelby will NOT be supplying the Super Snake hood to ANY distributors until further notice. So that really sucks that we purchase $50,000 vehicles and then hamstrung on being able to modify them to our liking, hehe...Hopefully the aftermarket will catch up to the car soon since it has been out for about 10 months now. If I hear anything different I will let everyone know....

-Chad

• 1 month later...

Hey Everyone,

Received an email the other day about the SS Hoods. I will copy and past below what was sent.

Chad,

As of right now, Shelby is still not releasing the Super Snake for the 2010 GT500 nor are they providing us with information on when they expect to release.

We, however, would like to show you a teaser on our new hood for the 2010 GT500 called the Mamba Hood. Attached is a picture of the creation. Let us know if you are interested in this hood and we can provide you with additional information. As an additional note, this will be a Ram Air Hood.

Sincerely,

Bruno Stoffel

BMC Extreme Customs

www.bmcextremecustoms.net

Mr Stoffel,

I really like the pics I see of the hood...Any pics of a final product? How much is the hood going for? I will drop your link onto the Shelby Site/Forums with whatever info that you have...I know there are a few guys out there looking for your hood.....

-Chad

Chad,

We are working hard to provide you a high quality product. The Mamba hood, as mentioned before, will be a ram air hood. We will additionally have removable louvers. The prices have not been finalized but expect somewhere around $999-1099 with the vents for Fiberglass and $1,499 - 1,799 for the Carbon Fiber, aka Black Mamba, version with vents.

Thanks,

Bruno Stoffel

BMC Extreme Customs

HOPE THIS HELP SOME OF YOU.......BLACKMAMBA_FINAL (3).jpg

-Chad

BLACKMAMBA_FINAL (3).jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

Received an email the other day about the SS Hoods. I will copy and past below what was sent.

Chad,

As of right now, Shelby is still not releasing the Super Snake for the 2010 GT500 nor are they providing us with information on when they expect to release.

We, however, would like to show you a teaser on our new hood for the 2010 GT500 called the Mamba Hood. Attached is a picture of the creation. Let us know if you are interested in this hood and we can provide you with additional information. As an additional note, this will be a Ram Air Hood.

Sincerely,

Bruno Stoffel

BMC Extreme Customs

Mr Stoffel,

I really like the pics I see of the hood...Any pics of a final product? How much is the hood going for? I will drop your link onto the Shelby Site/Forums with whatever info that you have...I know there are a few guys out there looking for your hood.....

-Chad

Chad,

We are working hard to provide you a high quality product. The Mamba hood, as mentioned before, will be a ram air hood. We will additionally have removable louvers. The prices have not been finalized but expect somewhere around $999-1099 with the vents for Fiberglass and $1,499 - 1,799 for the Carbon Fiber, aka Black Mamba, version with vents.

Thanks,

Bruno Stoffel

BMC Extreme Customs

HOPE THIS HELP SOME OF YOU.......post-28021-127475249014_thumb.jpg

-Chad

AT LEAST SOMEBODY IS DOING A HOOD,THANKS FOR THE INFO..

• 5 months later...

Archived