TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Letting the cat out of the bag....(pictures later)

SPRSNK

If you weren't so far away, I'd be up to that :hysterical: .

Careful there's a 3 car trailer with one open spot on it, heading your way as we speak, and two, you might wind up with something crazy like this....................... ;)

16937sml_2.jpg16937sml_3.jpg

16937sml_4.jpg16937sml_5.jpg

16937cr26.jpg

Wasn't the tune that was causing you not to pass inspection.

The stock/Diablo tune has a bunch of timing pulled out of it and it runs very, very fat (lot of fuel) to make it safe, a fat tune will also be down on power, it the tune was leaned out, it would have made more power but also brought up cylinder temps and run the risk of pre-ignition detonation.

I have several people running boost on the 4.0SOHC without meth, you people need to back off that crutch, well, no go ahead cause when you run out, we'll still be running, while you pull over and refill.

I just took that handicap of a 1993 Cobra with 13lbs of boost, the owner was tired of having to fill the damn thing up every day, dialed back the timing, and no problems, but hey if you want to run everything you got right on the fine edge, go ahead.

That's job security for me and others.

I don't see the meth as a crutch the meth alone before the tune increased my hp by almost 30 you just need a big enough tank and stock in boost juice..

I don't see the meth as a crutch the meth alone before the tune increased my hp by almost 30 you just need a big enough tank and stock in boost juice..

How about deriving your HP through methods that are not consumable???

The downside to water injection is that it puts a lot of water into the oil. Water is a byproduct of combustion anyways, and it's typical for oil to get a substantial quantity of water in it; that's why oil turns acidic in engines that are ran for only short periods of time and never get hot enough for long enough to boil out the water. But water injection puts more water into the engine.

As such, it's not something that you want to run for minutes at an end; 20 minutes with lots of water up a grade and you can turn oil into milkshake.

Engines can deal with water in oil, they do it all the time, but I wouldn't recommend a water set-up tuned to operate at any kind of significant duty cycle.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife has a 4.0L v6 mustang, a few years ago we got it up to 395rwhp with the stock motor, stock cats, vortech/paxton intercooled kit at 15psi, and good fuel. The 4.0 doesn't take any timing at all when the boost gets high. We recently put a gt500 6psd, gt500 clutch, and 4.10s are going in next week so she can start racing it again.

395rwhp.jpg

I had one that performed the same task; it was a commercial product with a green hand that did the "Off" work. 1961. Someone stole it from the Experimental Psych lab.

I still have one of those somewhere - I've seen them on ebay from time to time. There was also one that you put a coin on and the hand came out of the box and appeared to steal the coin

• 4 weeks later...

So.... what size was the new pulley?

2.87" I think. It might be the 2.62" pulley but I think it's the 2.87".

Archived