TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shorty Headers on the Tunsten Turlingua

check6

Hi all! Just an update on my Tungsten Terlingua build. I have installed the JBA silver ceramic headers. Not very difficult with almost everything accessible from the top. There is a lot of room in these cars. I wanted to get these on before the supercharger goes in and causes access problems. The install took me the better part of a day, but I'm sure someone who did this for a living could do it in a much shorter period of time. The instructions were pretty straight-forward, however JBA did make a few glaring mistakes, such as stating that the car had coil packs on both sides. It doesn't as they are all on the drivers side. Other than that, it was a piece of cake. I have attached a pic of both sides of the engine bay (yes, I know: dirty). Next comes the rear brakes and the black 20" Razors.

Leann

Almost forgot: During the test drive, I felt noticeably more torque and seat of the pants feel. I liked it a lot. The exhaust was a bit more mellow. Overall, I like the improvements.

HPIM0883.jpg

HPIM0880.jpg

Smart move putting those on before the supercharger install. It's a downright PITA to do it from under the car with the supercharger and tanks in the way. Looks great!

Nice work Leann!!! Let me know if you need help with the rear brake install and/or parts...

Alex

Thanks Alex! For the rear brakes, I didn't go "big, big boy brakes" just the "big boy brakes" :hysterical: I'm putting on the Baer Eradi Speed 2 piece rotors and painting the calipers yellow to match the Baer Terlingua calipers in the front. After that improvement, I think I will have reached the limit of my working on the car and will have to start farming it out lol. I just wanted to do a few of the easier things so I could say I did some of the work. I know it sounds funny, but that was important to me...

Smart move putting those on before the supercharger install. It's a downright PITA to do it from under the car with the supercharger and tanks in the way. Looks great!

Thanks! That was sure the big motivator as I didn't want to have to remove supercharger items to get to the header work area lol... I would have like to have gone the long tube route, but they are not CARB ok in California ( :censored: )....JBA's are the only shortys I found that the CARB people have given their blessing to....of course they cost more I'm sure because of that... oh well.....

Leann

Nice mod Leann, those are also on my dream list too.

Interesting thought on the rear brakes, I'm still thinking about just staying with the "stock" GT rear brakes that came with the 8.8 rear upgrade.

I also changed the front rotors on mine to use the Ford Racing upgrade (replaces V6 rotor with one from GT, but still uses stock calipers) and

then upgraded pads on all 4 corners.

For power adders, besides the Shelby/Paxton S/C, looking at the Steeda roots style S/C (may have clearance problems), or even a turbo set-up.

Glad to see the fun continues with your Bunny!

(Once you get the black Razors, I can change the rim color, {and stripe color}, on the toon to better match your Bunny!)

Nice mod Leann, those are also on my dream list too.

Interesting thought on the rear brakes, I'm still thinking about just staying with the "stock" GT rear brakes that came with the 8.8 rear upgrade.

I also changed the front rotors on mine to use the Ford Racing upgrade (replaces V6 rotor with one from GT, but still uses stock calipers) and

then upgraded pads on all 4 corners.

Great idea...I just couldn't pass up the TS sale on the Baer rear brake upgrade, and I love the drilled and slotted look...

For power adders, besides the Shelby/Paxton S/C, looking at the Steeda roots style S/C (may have clearance problems), or even a turbo set-up.

Very cool! Maybe an xCharger? Let me know which way you go. I'm sticking with a SAI Paxton install...

Glad to see the fun continues with your Bunny!

(Once you get the black Razors, I can change the rim color, {and stripe color}, on the toon to better match your Bunny!)

Got them on today! Take a look at my other post. I just had to go with the black wheels and be different. I love the Tungsten/black look of the car. I'd love for you to update the toon lol....

Leann

Archived