TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pony Cars Wars, Feb 13th 2010

stpracer43

SGMP and STEEDA Autosports, along with other sponsors have teamed up to bring a full day of Grudge Match racing at SGMP. This year the field will not only be Mustang vs. GTO, it will be a mixed group that will consist of the 3 American made "food groups"... Ford, GM (Pontiacs, Chevy), and Dodge (Mopar) vehicles. Event will be limited to first 120 cars to register.

Plan is to meet at STEEDAs HQs in Valdosta early Saturday morning for a tour, then drive up to the track to arrive between 9:00 -10:00. Time enough for the sun to be up good and put some heat in the track! Lots of racing fun, prizes, and money to be had...

More info at the link: Pony Wars 2010

Hope to see you at the races!

Ponywars_Flyer_1209_vp3small.jpg

Ponywars_Flyer_1209_vp3small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

SGMP and STEEDA Autosports, along with other sponsors have teamed up to bring a full day of Grudge Match racing at SGMP. This year the field will not only be Mustang vs. GTO, it will be a mixed group that will consist of the 3 American made "food groups"... Ford, GM (Pontiacs, Chevy), and Dodge (Mopar) vehicles. Event will be limited to first 120 cars to register.

Plan is to meet at STEEDAs HQs in Valdosta early Saturday morning for a tour, then drive up to the track to arrive between 9:00 -10:00. Time enough for the sun to be up good and put some heat in the track! Lots of racing fun, prizes, and money to be had...

More info at the link: Pony Wars 2010

Hope to see you at the races!

I"AM IN.WHO ELSE IS GOING FROM YOUR CLUBS?

• 2 weeks later...

Great! See you guys there. There will be some locals with the Shelbys for sure. I think LawDude with his new 2010 will be there. He likes to run!

Keith

Wx is looking good for Saturday here in South GA! Some showers on Thurs/Fri, but then mostly sunny on Sat with temps in the mid-50s... C'mon all you "racers", let's get on the track!

Besides, you get to see the inside of STEEDA's new HQs here in Valdosta, GA. Mr. Dario Orlando is just a super nice guy that enjoys being around car-crazy folks!

see ya there!

Keith

Great! See you guys there. There will be some locals with the Shelbys for sure. I think LawDude with his new 2010 will be there. He likes to run!

Keith

Hey Keith:

If I have breath in my body I'll be there. I have drag radials and hope to have a mild tune by then. We'll see if Van comes through with my tune.

Mike

Well, it SNOWED on Friday night!!! Many folks showed at the local Buffalo Wild Wings for the pre-event get together & wondered out-loud about the impact of the weather.

Thankfully, Saturday was clear... but windy & COLD, and good enough for racing! The event started at the STEEDA Hqs with breakfast and a tour of the manufacturing & distribution facility!

Mid-morning we all cruised up to the SGMP racetrack to get started with the racing. Easily well over 100 cars in the caravan. Being a PONY Wars event, we had all makes and models of American Muscle. Too many variations of the Stang to mention (but Dario Orlando in the STEEDA Streetfighter did lead the way), along with Vette's, Challengers, Camaros, GTOs, and even a few trucks. Despite the cold conditions the SGMP staff did a great job with prep and support, making the track event very safe & fun. A class operation for sure.

The racing continued through the day until about 5 pm. The winners of the 3 of the 4 categories of racing were MUSTANGS, of course! Believe a GTO won the Powder Puff class...

Thanks to STEEDA, SGMP and Show&GoFast for setting up a great event!

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed the event. Quickest pass was 12.227 at 116.86 with a 1.895 sixty foot time. Fastest pass was 12.285 at 117.05 with a 1.94 sixty foot time.

Is this a once a year event?

Yes, this will be an annual event. This evolved from the Mustang vs GTO races our club (MMJAX) started with a group of GTO guys from the LS1 GTO forums. This was the first year of Pony Wars so you can look for it to grow and get better. I wish I could have made it, looked like you all had a good time in the very unusual weather for South Georgia.

Archived