TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WOOT WINDOW STICKER!!

mustanggt500

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8JS9A5171298

FINAALLLYYYY!!!! The sticker is actually like real now! But....now what? LAUGH!

What is the next thing I get to track? Any items we can track on our own without me bugging the heck out of MM? When it is done at Ford? When it is sent to or done at SVT? When it is sent to or done at Shelby? When it is loaded up on the rail car? When it is supposed to be offloaded from the rail car? When it is supposed to be picked up by the receiving dealer? Would like to know this stuff ya know??!! Especially the stuff that deals with it in Washington so i can chase it down and get pictures comming in on the train, off the train, on the car carrier, off the carrier.....everything! laugh, ALMOST like being an expecting father!

Side note, was told by a friend that has purchased a few new cars, that on the window sticker if it is build for someone it would have their name in there showing build for "person". Is this true or not? would just be an added thing of coolness is all.

Nic

You would be correct on the personal name attached to the vehicle if the car was ordered for you. The paper sticker from the factory is attached to the passenger rear quarter window. Please make sure your sales rep tells the prep porter to save it, it was thrown away on my car because they thought it didn't mean anything.

Holy Kit Kat?? 18 days! MM said it would be only a matter of days it just seems crazy fast to go from factory to SVT to Shelby to the dealer that fast! Good for me though, should be RIGHT when I get home. What a welcome home present! Right from the airport to the dealer and don't make any stops till we get there lol! :shift:

Holy Kit Kat?? 18 days! MM said it would be only a matter of days it just seems crazy fast to go from factory to SVT to Shelby to the dealer that fast! Good for me though, should be RIGHT when I get home. What a welcome home present! Right from the airport to the dealer and don't make any stops till we get there lol! :shift:

These roll off the assembly line as a GT500! These cars don't go to "SVT" or Shelby.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8JS9A5171298

FINAALLLYYYY!!!! The sticker is actually like real now! But....now what? LAUGH!

What is the next thing I get to track? Any items we can track on our own without me bugging the heck out of MM? When it is done at Ford? When it is sent to or done at SVT? When it is sent to or done at Shelby? When it is loaded up on the rail car? When it is supposed to be offloaded from the rail car? When it is supposed to be picked up by the receiving dealer? Would like to know this stuff ya know??!! Especially the stuff that deals with it in Washington so i can chase it down and get pictures comming in on the train, off the train, on the car carrier, off the carrier.....everything! laugh, ALMOST like being an expecting father!

Side note, was told by a friend that has purchased a few new cars, that on the window sticker if it is build for someone it would have their name in there showing build for "person". Is this true or not? would just be an added thing of coolness is all.

Nic

Nic I think Grabber is able to track cars going West on the train--do a search and see if my memory is rightHe can get into the train tarcking system somehow.If its not Grabber Orange, then try seraching on train,or tracking something like that.The last time i saw soemthing he did was back in Sept/Oct I think

I do have another question of confusion......

My sticker says the build date is January 12, 2010. Okay, does that mean the day it will start going down the line or the day it is supposed to come off the line and start it's train ride?

The date on your sticker is just the day it is printed. Generally within a couple weeks before your actual build date.

The date on your sticker is just the day it is printed. Generally within a couple weeks before your actual build date.

This does not line up with what many others have stated. And actually unless I am understanding you wrong, it cannot be the day the sticker is printed because it has January 12 of 2010 which of course is not here yet.......

So it poses the same question, if that number up there that everyone says represents the build date says January 12, 2010, is that the day it starts going down the line or the day it is supposed to come off the line and start it's train ride?

Nic

This does not line up with what many others have stated. And actually unless I am understanding you wrong, it cannot be the day the sticker is printed because it has January 12 of 2010 which of course is not here yet.......

So it poses the same question, if that number up there that everyone says represents the build date says January 12, 2010, is that the day it starts going down the line or the day it is supposed to come off the line and start it's train ride?

Nic

I believe the date is "The Start" of production. Enjoy!!!

Nic

It has always been the day the window sticker was printed. Which begs to question - how do you have one already? In any case - it has no bearing on production date...

Here's mine - note the date at the bottom...

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVht89s875304314

I do have another question of confusion......

My sticker says the build date is January 12, 2010. Okay, does that mean the day it will start going down the line or the day it is supposed to come off the line and start it's train ride?

Should be the day that it hits the production line and starts getting built.

Also the date at the bottom is simply "todays" date. Or when the the link to the sticker "file" was accessed. It will keep changing from day to day. Nothing to do with your car whatsoever.

When I clicked your link, I got a message saying that this window sticker was not retrievable at this time.

When I clicked on GT500FLYBOY's link I saw his window sticker.

When I contacted the dealer last week, about my car, they said the GT500 was built on 12-17-2009 and is scheduled to arrive next week.

Here is a link to my window sticker. May muddy the water even more since there are three dates, one at the top and one in the lower body. At the very bottom of the page is the print date.

Sixties

My Window Sticker

That is weird, you mentioned my link and I get the same thing now. But I did get it to pull my window sticker multiple times already before today. I have a printed copy sitting infront of me with my VIN on it.

So there is no doubt that this is the build date at the top. But the confusion is now, is it the completion date or the start date. I am leaning towards completion date because MM 2 weeks ago had told me the build date was going to be the same date that ended up being on my window sticker. And he told me it should arrive about the end of January.

Sixties, being told his was finished on the date that was on his window sticker and his car will show up in about 2 weeks after it was done is about the same amount of time MM told me.

My conclusion is that that date is the completion on the assembly line and ready to get on transportation date. One way or the other it most definatly is the production date.

So that being the case, my car will be done and built on 12 January 2010. Once it is completed is there any way to track it all the way to my dealer? I will get ahold of Grabber on this because someone said he was able to track rail movements. I WANT to be there the day it comes in on the rail so i can take around 1 million pictures from there to the dealer!!!

Nic

That is weird, you mentioned my link and I get the same thing now. But I did get it to pull my window sticker multiple times already before today. I have a printed copy sitting infront of me with my VIN on it.

So there is no doubt that this is the build date at the top. But the confusion is now, is it the completion date or the start date. I am leaning towards completion date because MM 2 weeks ago had told me the build date was going to be the same date that ended up being on my window sticker. And he told me it should arrive about the end of January.

Sixties, being told his was finished on the date that was on his window sticker and his car will show up in about 2 weeks after it was done is about the same amount of time MM told me.

My conclusion is that that date is the completion on the assembly line and ready to get on transportation date. One way or the other it most definatly is the production date.

So that being the case, my car will be done and built on 12 January 2010. Once it is completed is there any way to track it all the way to my dealer? I will get ahold of Grabber on this because someone said he was able to track rail movements. I WANT to be there the day it comes in on the rail so i can take around 1 million pictures from there to the dealer!!!

Nic

I was there at the rail yard the day it arrived but they wouldnt let me in,and its a huge lot,next to a closed Tarurus plant.If you want to do that, see if the dealer taking dleivery can get you in.MM got it the next day at his place

Archived