TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 purchasing help

JPCrusher

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jim and I'm pretty new to the forum. I'm a soldier in the United States Army and currently in Iraq. I'm also all set to purchase a 2010 Kona Blue GT500 coupe (White Stripes, Electronics Package, HID, Car Cover, 7yr/70,000mile warranty). My problem is that I think I might be able to get a better deal else where. I was quoted $50,407 with a $500 discount to bring it to $49,907. Is this to much right now? I know the 2011's are right around the corner and maybe I should just wait. I won't be back in the states until May and will have to pay for the vehicle by Feb 1st. I'm planning on not having financing so I figured that might help in negotiations. If anyone has any advice, or knows of a dealer that might have a better price, I would really appreciate it. Thanks and have a Happy New Year.

Best,

Jim

Balad, Iraq

Jim, first of all thank you for your service.

2010's are going for $2k under sticker here, so you could pick one up for 47k. If I were you I'd wait until you got back. You will be in a much better position to negotiate in on a leftover 2010 in May, and you can see what the 2011's have if you wanted to go that route. Good luck and stay safe.

Joe

Jim, first of all thank you for your service.

2010's are going for $2k under sticker here, so you could pick one up for 47k. If I were you I'd wait until you got back. You will be in a much better position to negotiate in on a leftover 2010 in May, and you can see what the 2011's have if you wanted to go that route. Good luck and stay safe.

Joe

Hello Joe,

Thanks for the info and well wishes. Would you happen to have an email address for a dealership in your area I might contact? The company I got my original quote will match another dealers quote for an "apples to apples and matches exactly" vehicle. I figure I'll see what kind of an offer I can get before deciding a 2010 or 2011. Thanks again for your help and have a good day.

Best,

Jim

I'm not sure where you are going for your company, but if it is through military sales be cautioned about their allocation. *IF* you are going through this source they do not have allocations that you can just "get". in January or February they will get about 25 GT500 allocations and right now there are almost 500 people in the lottery for one of these allocations. If your company is someplace else then disregard above and good luck to you!

Nic

Hello Joe,

Thanks for the info and well wishes. Would you happen to have an email address for a dealership in your area I might contact? The company I got my original quote will match another dealers quote for an "apples to apples and matches exactly" vehicle. I figure I'll see what kind of an offer I can get before deciding a 2010 or 2011. Thanks again for your help and have a good day.

Best,

Jim

Jim, first of all thank you for your service. 2010's are going for $2k under sticker here, so you could pick one up for 47k. Good luck and stay safe.

Joe

+1... Almost $2500 below MSRP here for coupe (w/Electronic Package and HID's, but no car cover) at local dealer.

Jim,

What others have said about prices is accurate. What I would sugest you do is contact a Forum member and Moderator, Michael Morris. Here is the link to his profile: http://www.teamshelb...michael-morris/

Michael is a Ford dealer, Supersnake owner and all around great guy. He has helped any number of members find just the car they wanted at the best price possible.

Given your circumstances and when you will be home, I would sure consider waiting for the 2011 and the revised motor. Michael knows all there is to know about these cars and can keep you headed in the right direction.

Looking forward to you coming home safe and sound and joining our family here. Please add my thanks to that of others posted here for your service to our country.

Jim

+1 on Michael---bought my car thru him,So if youre going for a 2011,he can get you thur all the BS of getting a new model (new engine anyway).It seems to me, youll get a better deal on a new 2010 though.There are lots around now,and Micheal will treat you firly--bob

+2 on Michael (MM)is a great guy...another thought...when my husband and/or I were overseas, we would order new cars through the PX at a great discount and pick the car up at a stateside dealer...but, that was a long time ago and I have no idea if they will still do that or if that program even exists anymore :headscratch:

Leann

Hello,

No kidding? Wow. Do you have any email address or name of your local dealer? It would help a lot. Take care.

Best,

Jim

Sounds like a good deal--Id sill ask MM what he can do--he sees all the cars off the Ford inventory system,and with him, you can be sure you wont be screwed with as afr as shipping,final numbers ertc. Being so far way,youll need someone you can trust,esp if you'll be wiring money way befroe you get home--bob

I have a Kona Blue Coupe that should be here in the next few weeks.

Please let me know if I can help you out.

MM

Thanks for all the kind words folks. Makes me want to work harder for yall

MM

Hey Michael--lets see pics of lawdudes car

Archived