TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Canton Replacement Tank Install (Pics)

SPRSNK

The install is pretty straight forward. I only had to modify one of the mounting brackets because the holes in the new tank weren't aligned with the rear mounting bracket. All I did was drill a partial hole in the mounting bracket and it went right back together. So here is the pics everyone has been wanting for the comparison pictures of the two tanks.

Photo102.jpg

Photo103.jpg

Photo105.jpg

Photo106.jpg

Photo107.jpg

Photo108.jpg

Photo109.jpg

Thanks for the pic's.

Just received mine today. Need to take off the two brackets that are on the plastic tank and the new Canton Tank and take them to my polisher tomorrow. Should have the stang in working order tomorrow night.

Thanks for the pic's.

Just received mine today. Need to take off the two brackets that are on the plastic tank and the new Canton Tank and take them to my polisher tomorrow. Should have the stang in working order tomorrow night.

Cool Tom! Post a pic when you're done...I'm glad this worked out for you as I knew you wanted to get the done before the Bash...see it and you at the Bash. :happy feet:

Received the Canton Racing Tank yesterday. Removed the Paxton plastic tank today. Took the two brackets and the Canton Racing Tank to my polisher today. Installed the Canton Racing Tank today.

When I did remove the paxton plastic tank you could see where I was leaking from, the screw holes on both brackets and the bung in the back had a 1/4 crack in it. Wonder why smelt like collant?

SPRSNK, thanks for the photo's. The Canton Racing Tank bottom hole is off and I too had to drill that hole to be a little higher.

Here are the photos after the install.

post-23332-126211937688_thumb.jpg

post-23332-126211940445_thumb.jpg

post-23332-126211941744_thumb.jpg

Received the Canton Racing Tank yesterday. Removed the Paxton plastic tank today. Took the two brackets and the Canton Racing Tank to my polisher today. Installed the Canton Racing Tank today.

When I did remove the paxton plastic tank you could see where I was leaking from, the screw holes on both brackets and the bung in the back had a 1/4 crack in it. Wonder why smelt like collant?

SPRSNK, thanks for the photo's. The Canton Racing Tank bottom hole is off and I too had to drill that hole to be a little higher.

That looks great Tom! You can even see "Gator's" reflection in one of the pics...

(Resize) Canton Racing Tank_001 (2).JPG

(Resize) Canton Racing Tank_002 (2).JPG

(Resize) Canton Racing Tank_003 (2).JPG

Very nice. Where does the line at the back of the tank go Tom? I only have the two in the front. In addition, my tank is also leaking at the brass fitting. I hope I got it fixed for the Bash since the Canton tank will not be here in time.

H0050,

The rear line in another intake, as the top front is. The rear line goes to the back of the engine. Other than that, I do not know. Perhaps one the tech of TS could helps us on this.

See you on the track in Vegas...

Tom

• 1 month later...

:dance:

• 2 weeks later...

I would like TS members to know, which I neglected to state when I purchased the Canton Tank that it was purchased at 281 Motorsports the Monday after Xmas. Thanks, Jason for the tank before the 2010 Vegas Bash. No more coolant smell.

Tom

Way to come through Jason! 281 Motorsports does it again! :happy feet:

• 1 month later...

Installed a polished Canton tank in the Terlingua today. Purchased the tank form Jason at 281 Motorsports. Jason got the tank polished and to me in two days so I could install it before the Fab Fords show at Knotts this Sunday. Thanks Jason! The install went without a hitch, other than expanding the bottom rear mounting hole as others had noted above. The plastic Paxton tank was leaking from the front hose fitting, necessitating the Canton tank replacement. I love the polished look... :happy feet:

Ok, got my canton tank back from powder coat shop. After taking the plastic one out, I noticed that the small cup like tank is also leaking at the brass fittings. Does anyone know if this tank can be purchased in aluminum also? I do not want to relocate the battery so a larger tank is not an option. It says vortech on it. I found that amusing being a Paxton install..

Thanks for any ideas.

As far as I know, there isn't a "replacement" yet. The "fix" is Teflon tape on the threads. Those stock plastic tanks are the suckage.

OK what am I doing wrong?

The tank will not align to allow the lower hose fitting to clear the computer. Left the front bracket loose and the rear bracket snug and aligned so the tank is furthest from the fender.. Did not use the spacers that came with the plastic tank.

Any ideas or thoughts.

Ok, got it installed. Took a little adjustment but it is in. All seems OK at this time. Little cup tank not leaking so far.

Archived