TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Kicker Installed

BAD SNAKE

I installed my Shelby Kicker Stereo yesterday in my '07 coupe and after reading everything I could find about helpful tips & tricks it was still quite a project........but worth it.

Thanks 2nd2none!

:happy feet:

Installing the Ford Racing Handling Pack M-2007-FR3SVT was a lot easier IMO.

I am NOT a auto mechanic.

It is for the most part "plug and play" but you do have to remove a lot of the interior of the car to install the new speakers and run new wiring. I have the Shaker 1000 and you must run a new wiring harness from the fuse box to the trunk so all the door panels, rear seats, inside 1/4 panel covers, read deck cover and the center console comes out to get access to remove the radio.

The directions are a little vague. If you installed car stereos for a living I don't think you would have a problem following them.

The whole process took me about 10 hours and I must admit there were moments where I was thinking what did I get myself into :rant2:

After I hooked everything up I fired up Montrose, AC/DC and Phil Collins, In The Air Tonight into the CD player. Man what a difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KxFJJr8ld4 Great Movie!!!

The Shaker 1000 is a good stereo system but it lacks the middle and the high range. The Kicker fills in the gaps the Shaker was missing and puts you in the middle of the music.

Cool congrats on the install, about how much do you think your new Kicker system weighs ?

Good question! I removed it from the car.........The kicker woofer, using a bathroom scale weighs 20 lbs. and the Shaker 1000 woofer and the 4 amps behind the woofer weighs 51 lbs.

Bad Snake,

I'm interested in any tricks or tips you may have. I have yet to install it in my wife's Shelby GT which currently has the Shaker 1000. I'm waiting for a nice day when I can take my time.

Scott

Scott,

Here's the only site I could find for help.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/techarticles/mdmp_0912_installing_shelby_kicker_sound_system/photo_14.html

The directions suggest using a "panel removal tool" I used a 1" putty knife and it worked fine.

You will get 2 wiring harness's for the woofer and 2 for the amp. The short harness's run from the fuse box through the fender well into the car.

You will need to order new carpeting for the trunk. The carpeting Ford put in the trunk butts up to the Shaker woofer and the new woofer is 6" narrower.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, I'll give you my phone #.

Mike

Scott,

Here's the only site I could find for help.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/techarticles/mdmp_0912_installing_shelby_kicker_sound_system/photo_14.html

The directions suggest using a "panel removal tool" I used a 1" putty knife and it worked fine.

You will get 2 wiring harness's for the woofer and 2 for the amp. The short harness's run from the fuse box through the fender well into the car.

You will need to order new carpeting for the trunk. The carpeting Ford put in the trunk butts up to the Shaker woofer and the new woofer is 6" narrower.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, I'll give you my phone #.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I think I'm going to tackle it tommorw -- it's supposed to be clear, but cold!

Archived