TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spare Tire

Cobra010

I was under the impression that it had a conticomfortkit or something similar. Of course that wouldn't help if your sidewall is punctured.

<added> Or you can get a tire plug kit at your local auto parts store. Most are under ten bucks. Make sure you pack a pair of pliers to pull out the nail. Then air up. Still won't help with a sidewall puncture. </added>

Don't know what good the pump will do if you puncture a tire or someone does it for you. Anyone out there heard of a good replacement tire and wheel for the 2010 Shelby GT500?

Thanks

Cobra2010

Your to funny I spent about the last 4 hours reading previous post about this since I want to get a spare for my car. Most of the post are in the 2007-2009 forum. From what I have gathered the best solution is to buy a rim and mount the front tire size on it. Most space savers wont fit because of the big discs atleast in the front. It sould fit in the trunk it will just sit up a little high were your carpet cover wont sit flat. Most of this info is from the older cars so I dont know if it all hold true for the 2010 but I dont belive they changed anything in the trunk. If you do get a spare dont forget a jack and wrench, any help from others would be greatly appreciated because I am also very interested in getting a spare of some sort and most people on here are alot more knowledgeable than me?

Your to funny I spent about the last 4 hours reading previous post about this since I want to get a spare for my car. Most of the post are in the 2007-2009 forum. From what I have gathered the best solution is to buy a rim and mount the front tire size on it. Most space savers wont fit because of the big discs atleast in the front. It sould fit in the trunk it will just sit up a little high were your carpet cover wont sit flat. Most of this info is from the older cars so I dont know if it all hold true for the 2010 but I dont belive they changed anything in the trunk. If you do get a spare dont forget a jack and wrench, any help from others would be greatly appreciated because I am also very interested in getting a spare of some sort and most people on here are alot more knowledgeable than me?

Grabber has a very detalied suggestion on this--do a search and you'll find it

I had a little experience with a 3" gash in one of my rear tires a while back. Had to make a 100 mi. round trip to get a winter tire in my garage to replace it. Since then I put one of the summer fronts in the trunk. It fits snugly, without any cutting of plastic trim, but sticks up an inch or so, out of the well. The carpet has a hard panel under it, so the floor is raised a little, over to the edges of the trunk, but it is not a bad solution. I will keep one of the winter front tires as a spare when I put the summers back on. I also bought a Mustang jack and tire tool.

Archived