TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Mustang GT 5.0

kahmann

My wife Tana says she wants a automatic. happy%20feet.gif

hysterical.gif

My wife seriously said the exact same thing! :lol:

Ken,

So among all of your other talents, you are a super spy who finds the latest photos.

Really like the looks of the 5.0 motor for sure.

As always, thanks for sharing.

Lg

Haha I've got a bit of a Mustang 'problem' honestly. It's Christmas Eve and I'm digging for pics of the 5.0! ;)

I love the look of this thing too man. I can't wait to see what Shelby does with it. And I can't wait to get one apart.

Ken

Anyone else notice the Alcoa KR style wheels on the GT pictured?

Just three more days (media embargo lifts on12/28) and we'll be seeing all kinds of "sneak peek" pictures of the 2011 GT Mustang!

Here is the source of this leak and pictures. http://www.burlappcars.com/2009/12/2011-mustang-gt.html He may be the first to jump the gun and post pics, but he will probably get blacklisted by FoMoCo media relations going forward.

Your link does not work any more. I guess the leak got stopped.

Rob, it just worked for me. :headscratch:

Anyone else notice the Alcoa KR style wheels on the GT pictured?

They have been available since the 10 Launch. Saw them on a V6, of all things, at a car show last summer.

They looked GREAT!

Here are a few pics, I saw them in chrome and they REALLY looked sharp! MUCH nicer then the (05-09) V6 looking wheels now on the GT.

http://mustangs.about.com/od/2010mustang/ig/2010-V6-Mustang-Photo-Gallery/2010-Ford-Mustang-Wheels.htm

http://www.auto-focus.us/autoblog/2008/11/27/2010-ford-mustang

• The new Mustang GT continues Ford's powertrain offensive with an all-new 5.0-liter V-8, which uses advanced technology to deliver 412 horsepower and projected unsurpassed highway mileage of 25 mpg

• For 2011, Mustang GT adds specially tuned Electric Power Assist Steering (EPAS), 11.5-inch front and 11.8-inch rear vented disc brakes, and an enhanced suspension featuring an improved rear lower control arm and stiffened rear stabilizer bushings

• For enthusiasts, a Brembo brake package, with larger rotors and calipers from the Ford Shelby GT500® Mustang, unique 19-inch wheels and summer performance tires, is offered; new fender badges herald return of the 5.0-liter engine

The resulting all-new aluminum four-valve-per-cylinder heads feature a compact roller finger follower valvetrain layout leaving more room for high-flow ports for free-breathing performance. Head structure was designed to support higher cylinder head pressures and cross-flow cooling for sustained high-rpm use. Head bolt size was increased from 11 to 12 millimeters to contain the higher combustion pressures.

The aluminum block was developed for optimized windage and oil drainback under lateral conditions and high rpm, such as a track-day outing for an enthusiastic owner and driver. Increased main bearing bulkhead widths and nodular iron cross-bolted main bearing caps with upsized bolts were also employed to accommodate the significant performance increase.

An additional element is the increased capacity and baffling of the deep-sump stamped steel oil pan to enable sustained high-rpm use and offer the convenience of 10,000-mile oil change intervals. Piston-cooling jets also were incorporated for performance-minded customers and for faster oil warm-up on cold start.

Specially designed tubular exhaust headers were developed to maximize exhaust pulse separation and improve flow. A team analyst actually fabricated the tubular headers in his home workshop, bringing the CAE design to life.

Sounds and looks pretty good.

It does sound and look good. Nice looking strut tower brace too. I bet it would also look really great in white with some big blue lines on it too! :shades:

Archived