TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Boss and Shelby vs 2009 Camaro RACE

mad103

Sorry for being repetitive on the posting but this applies to the different type MUSTANGS (BOSS AND GT500) so I would want all the different forums to see it, if not already. I know its OLD.

As many of you may have seen or heard of this virtual test, the Camaro eats up both a GT500 and the new Boss 330. What does everyone think of that? I know its a VIRTUAL test but they do state that these are based on legitimate statistics of the vehicles. If this is so, what is FORD going to do about it? I hope this virtual race does not become a reality.

Here is the MotorTrend link, if interested;

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/virtua...test_animations

• 2 weeks later...
Never saw this before. Yow, what a load of crrraaaap. They have always been GM-centric, and yeah, this is just another way to sell rags. JMO, of course...we'll see when the real deal comes out. :hyper:

+1 Yeah, plus look at the gear ratios and some other assumptions and it's clear the assumptions drive the outcome.. typical 'rag' BS.

It's like when R&T did the GT500 vs C-vette. They get the vette with the optional gears/tweaks (Z51 pkg?) but the GT500 is bone stock with 3.31s and the old factory tune. Gimme a break! And from the nums it's clear that the GT500 with comparable gears would chew-up and spit out the C'vette, for a lot less $$.

But the 'vette gets better EPA mileage because the 1-4 shift gate-servo forces skipping 2nd/3rd in the EPA course test. Really indicative of the real world? All those C-vette owners who haven't pulled the servo wire please stand up <lol> I think not :rant:

+1 Yeah, plus look at the gear ratios and some other assumptions and it's clear the assumptions drive the outcome.. typical 'rag' BS.

It's like when R&T did the GT500 vs C-vette. They get the vette with the optional gears/tweaks (Z51 pkg?) but the GT500 is bone stock with 3.31s and the old factory tune. Gimme a break! And from the nums it's clear that the GT500 with comparable gears would chew-up and spit out the C'vette, for a lot less $$.

But the 'vette gets better EPA mileage because the 1-4 shift gate-servo forces skipping 2nd/3rd in the EPA course test. Really indicative of the real world? All those C-vette owners who haven't pulled the servo wire please stand up <lol> I think not :rant:

I remember that article!! Yea I was a little surprised at the results...That Z51 package makes a huge difference!!! No wonder!

It wasn't even a prototype when the article was written -- they used commercial SIM software and the car pix were from the concept that they wouldn't let over 40 mph at the time. It's just 'sleeping' with GM to garner favor and raise the hype. imo. ;-)

Archived