TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Mustang vs 2009 Camaro RACE

mad103

As many of you may have seen or heard of this virtual test, the Camaro eats up both a GT500 and the new Boss 330. What does everyone think of that? I know its a VIRTUAL test but they do state that these are based on legitimate statistics of the vehicles. If this is so, what is FORD going to do about it? I hope this virtual race does not become a reality.

Here is the MotorTrend link, if interested;

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/virtua...test_animations

:lurk:

This should be an active thread. :hysterical2:

Hey man,

I just wanted to see what others thought. I read the article when it first came out and thought it was BS. Now as a member, I wanted to see what others thought. Just wanted to see if you thought it was legitimate. Sorry for the boredom

agree.

thanks for posting this.

how close is camaro to production? have they solidified the design.. or is it still in concept phase?

looks like the differences are small and will boil down to mods and driver.... the way it should be.

honestly, right now, I don't think there is much out there (in the same vehicle class) to challenge the GT500... will be good to have the chevys back on the street in the game.

not sure how much credibility to give this animation..... where do they come up with the Gt500 pulling an 11.4 in the quarter? based on what? it doesn't run that as stock. they must have "virtually" modified the car and run it. i assume they did the same with the camaro. I don't think it holds much water....

mad103 - I wasn't saying the thread was boring.

The popcorn box and my post merely said I was eagerly awaiting responses!

Let the car wars Begin!

Some of "us" are going to get spanked, y'all!

The Chevy guys aren't going to just lay around on the porch!

Better get "tuned," you hear?

Let the car wars Begin!

I'm "tuned", now to "pulley" up!

Let the car wars Begin!

Ruf,

Oh no, I was not offended or anything. Man, I have been following your words since I have been a member. I just posted that in case it has already been discussed, I did not intend to REPEAT and create boredom for those who already discussed it. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

In regards to what others say. I have always like Motortrend but I did find it dumb to see this virtual race. From what I know the Camaro is still Clay on Tires. They are all making a big deal of Chevys 6.0, or is it 6.2, liter engine pushing out 400+ hp. I think the Motortrend Virtual geek squad forgot that for 2009 we have the 5.0.

You guys won't like this But the Camaro is going to eat the Shelby GT500! It to will be Super Charged, not the Z28 but the SS. It will have more Cubes and respond just as good if not better than the Shelby with pulley swaps and so on.

Sorry but it's the truth! If Mopar makes the car they want to make it will eat the Camaro! LOL

It's a crazy world.

Tim

You guys won't like this But the Camaro is going to eat the Shelby GT500! It to will be Super Charged, not the Z28 but the SS. It will have more Cubes and respond just as good if not better than the Shelby with pulley swaps and so on.

Sorry but it's the truth! If Mopar makes the car they want to make it will eat the Camaro! LOL

It's a crazy world.

Tim

So where did you hear this news? I just heard bigger block. For Mopar, all that its doing is an SRT-8 6.1 hemi

I lived through the horsepower wars of the sixties, "being on top" changed hands amongst the manufacturer's and those who tried had a new car every six months. :hysterical: With regard to the Camaro, I don't think Chevrolet will make this car without planning to make some bucks on it. They do have to pay for product development and the expense of getting the car to market. It will never happen if all they do is build supercharged LS-2's and LS-7's. They will need to build the V-6's and the economy V-8's. If history is a lesson, real high power stuff won't come until the car is in production for a year or so. Same thing with MoPar.

What all this means is that every Camaro you see won't be a giant killer, nor will every new Challenger. :rant:

I lived through the horsepower wars of the sixties, "being on top" changed hands amongst the manufacturer's and those who tried had a new car every six months. :hysterical: With regard to the Camaro, I don't think Chevrolet will make this car without planning to make some bucks on it. They do have to pay for product development and the expense of getting the car to market. It will never happen if all they do is build supercharged LS-2's and LS-7's. They will need to build the V-6's and the economy V-8's. If history is a lesson, real high power stuff won't come until the car is in production for a year or so. Same thing with MoPar.

What all this means is that every Camaro you see won't be a giant killer, nor will every new Challenger. :rant:

Totally agree. But in the end, who would you say was on top longest or more often? I think what I, and I am sure others, would like to know is, who would be the BOSS of BOSSES :happy feet: . Who wins, top of the line Camaro, top of the line Mustang, or top of the line Challenger :burnout: ? :banvictory:

Totally agree. But in the end, who would you say was on top longest or more often? I think what I, and I am sure others, would like to know is, who would be the BOSS of BOSSES :happy feet: . Who wins, top of the line Camaro, top of the line Mustang, or top of the line Challenger :burnout: ? :banvictory:

Agreed - but who's to say we've seen the top of the line Mustang. I highly doubt Ford put it's best out first. In 2 yrs they will be letting out a bigger engine or something too...then a yr after that so will the others. As long as Ford stays a step ahead they are in a good place. The 2 yr headstart is a blessing for them in more ways than one.

Let the car wars Begin!

Bring them on we be await`n y`all :hyper: :happy feet:

Who said I'm talking about a Challenger? I'm not saying anything else. Just wait and see!

Tim

OK!!! What do you know and who is your source? Are you a MOPAR guy that is undercover trying to steal Fords secret moves :rant: ? Or are you leaking MOPAR moves for us to take advantage of :headspin: ? So what car are they wanting to make? Another Charger, without the accidentally produced rear doors? :hysterical2:

OK!!! What do you know and who is your source? Are you a MOPAR guy that is undercover trying to steal Fords secret moves :rant: ? Or are you leaking MOPAR moves for us to take advantage of :headspin: ? So what car are they wanting to make? Another Charger, without the accidentally produced rear doors? :hysterical2:

LOL! You better do a search on some of the Mustang sites, you'll see that I'm a Ford Guy!

Tim

LOL! You better do a search on some of the Mustang sites, you'll see that I'm a Ford Guy!

Tim

I KNEW IT. You sound like a smart man, TIM. SO of course you are a Ford Guy! On a serious note though, what do you know about future GM and mopar?

Alex

One thing to keep in mind is the GM will not produce a Camaro that will outperform the Corvette.

VERY TRUE AND GREAT POINT. It would be a stupid move for gm. so what does that mean for us? Mustang will kill camaro since it is now up there with vette

I like cars. I think the Camaro concept looks pretty good, same with the Challenger. Autoweek had a nice article on the Dodge Challenger Super Stock Concept, btw. I'm partial to the Blue Oval, which is why I'm here.

It's always easier to come out and beat what is already on the street. Of course you lose some sales to the early bird. The bow tie guys and mopar guys should thank every GT500 on the road for being responsible for the return of "their" cars to the marketplace.

All I know is I bought the only car with 4 useable seats, 500 Hp, and priced under $50K (ok, $60K with ADM) that was available in the fall of 2006. There will always be someone with a car faster than yours. (Unless your name is John Force, but even he doesn't win all the time)

I like cars. I think the Camaro concept looks pretty good, same with the Challenger. Autoweek had a nice article on the Dodge Challenger Super Stock Concept, btw. I'm partial to the Blue Oval, which is why I'm here.

It's always easier to come out and beat what is already on the street. Of course you lose some sales to the early bird. The bow tie guys and mopar guys should thank every GT500 on the road for being responsible for the return of "their" cars to the marketplace.

All I know is I bought the only car with 4 useable seats, 500 Hp, and priced under $50K (ok, $60K with ADM) that was available in the fall of 2006. There will always be someone with a car faster than yours. (Unless your name is John Force, but even he doesn't win all the time)

I too admire those cars. I even have a die cast of the Challenger concept. I think all are great performers, and of course the throne constantly changes. But when it comes down to Chevy and Dodge people trashing Ford and Mustangs, I have to step up to the plate and let them know who is BOSS

One thing to keep in mind is the GM will not produce a Camaro that will outperform the Corvette.

I'm not going into the Mopar stuff. Your right the Camaro will not out due the Vette. Here's something to think about.

The 08 Vette will have a LS3 with around 450 HP. It comes out this spring. The Camaro will come out sometime in 08 or 09 as a 09 car. How much HP will the Vette have by then?

The Z28 will have a LS3 with 420-435 hp, the SS Camaro will have a Super charged engine with around 550 hp and will come out shortly after the Z28.

If you know anything at all about the car industry you know that until the car is actually produced things can change. But this is what’s projected right now.

Before you decide that I’m making this stuff up. Remember I told everyone about the 03/04 Cobra’s, and the GT 500’s long before they came out, and I was spot on with the information.

The Vette guys are finding out that the info I posted way back when on the 08 vette is correct right now!

As always time will tell!

Tim

Archived