TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black on Black cars -

oldlugs

Hey there folks!

I'm wanting to give my KR a good cleaning. Wash, clay bar, cleaner wax, and finish wax... Now, what should I do about my stripes..? Has anyone here with the black/black KR (or SS) actually waxed their stripes? Did they stay matte black, or get mottled or ugly..? If you've waxed them and they look good, what wax did you use? What should we avoid..? Should I (we) be using the blue painter's tape on them to keep all waxes off of them?

Just thought I'd start a thread asking about their care. :headscratch:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you all. :)

Duane

I believe there have been previous threads on this subject but my advice is to beware of the corners. They have a tendency to want to roll up if you catch the edges and apply pressure towards the inside of the stripe. Any detailing in the stripes vincinity should be done from the center outwards.

I believe there have been previous threads on this subject but my advice is to beware of the corners. They have a tendency to want to roll up if you catch the edges and apply pressure towards the inside of the stripe. Any detailing in the stripes vincinity should be done from the center outwards.

Thanks, but after searching the forums, staying away from the edges with your applicator/buffing wheel is about all I found. Was more curious about what products to use or stay away from when dealing with our matte black vinyl, as I suspect it may react or look different than waxing a glossy vinyl stripe. I don't want to ruin mine with something so seemingly simple as a wax job... I don't want my stripes looking milky or mottled from the wrong wax (and I don't want my car to be the Guinea pig). :)

Lugs, wax them as you would the rest of the car. Just be sure to use a wax that provides good UV protection to protect the stripes from long term sun damage. I use Smart Wax, (it has a high UV protection content) but there are many other manufacturers that also offer UV protection in their products.

And don't be concerned about flat black becoming glossy after waxing, as that does not happen. I've been waxing my flat black stripes for sometime now, and they are as flat as the day they were installed on the car.

Hey there folks!

I'm wanting to give my KR a good cleaning. Wash, clay bar, cleaner wax, and finish wax... Now, what should I do about my stripes..? Has anyone here with the black/black KR (or SS) actually waxed their stripes? Did they stay matte black, or get mottled or ugly..? If you've waxed them and they look good, what wax did you use? What should we avoid..? Should I (we) be using the blue painter's tape on them to keep all waxes off of them?

Just thought I'd start a thread asking about their care. :headscratch:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you all. :)

Duane

Check this site out I use these products and I am sure you would love them. I use all of them specially the Mist-n-Shine, you can spray this all over the car and not worry about the finish it actually cleanse and polishes it. I Love it... Check out the testimonials the 2007 Shelby is my car. http://www.wizardsproducts.com/content/view/36/7/

Archived