TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally Got My GT500

raycutchins

I am a soldier that is stationed in Kansas currently. Just traded in my Roush 427R (535rwhp, 486rwtq and ran 11.2 1/4 mile) and got the Shelby.

My story actually started February 2008. It was when the Shelby's were being severely marked up. I just moved from Hawaii to Kansas and saw on the internet that there was one at a local Ford dealership for $52,000 (that was a great price since at the time they were being sold for $80,000. Within the first ten minutes of the salesperson’s conversation, and mine the price went up $10,000 in ten minutes. That was the most expensive conversation that I have ever had. I settled for the Roush 427R, but by the time I got through with it, it was an awesome car, just not what I wanted.

Fast forward to last week when I saw on the same dealerships a Shelby on sale for $32,500. It is a bone stock performance white with blue stripes, 2007 GT500 and with the extended warranty. By the time the deal was done and after reflecting the last conversation that we had in reference to a Shelby I took the car home for $30,000. Oh the potential this car has, ummmmm.

Oh and the mods have already began with the removal and installation of the shorty antenna that I had on the other car.

post-26925-126157707119_thumb.jpg

post-26925-126157707119_thumb.jpg

Welcome to T.S. So how is the handling comparison between the 427R and the GT500?

As of right now the Roush had better handling. On that car it came with the stage 2 suspension and I switched the rear shocks to QA1 single adjustable. It would pull right at a full g in curves and turns, also it planted the tires stright into the pavement. I did also change the upper and lower control arems along with CHE anti-squat brackets. It was a fun car, but now I will start with this one and make it proud to be of the Cobra heritage.

Welcome to the Club... Nice Ride!

Keep an eye out for some local get-togethers once the weather gets nice again...

Hermann in April, Tulsa in June, KCIR Drag Racing in the Summer, Heartland Park Open Track in the Fall...

Kind of like "mods", the list of things to do with these cars never ends happy%20feet.gif

Gregg

07SGT0547

Welcome to the Club... Nice Ride!

Keep an eye out for some local get-togethers once the weather gets nice again...

Hermann in April, Tulsa in June, KCIR Drag Racing in the Summer, Heartland Park Open Track in the Fall...

Kind of like "mods", the list of things to do with these cars never ends happy%20feet.gif

Gregg

07SGT0547

Gregg I have taken the Roush 427R down to Olathe (Winsteads) for the Kansas City Mustang Club meets a couple of times and KCIR is Friday night hangout when I am in town and can make it. I also had th Roush 427R out at Midwest FordFest this past year. I am looking to form a group here around Fort Leavenworth as there is no other choice over here. There are several Shelby's running around here and a lot of other mustangs that have no venue in which to participate in or just don't want to drive the distance for some of these meets. If you have any suggestions on how this may come about I would appreciate information.

Archived