TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What does this mean?

9599svt

I have not seen this on a shelby, but I havent looked at many either. On a SHO Taures a dealer near me has, is a sticker that says this vehicle was chosen for additional testing and then has an odometer reading of like 23 miles written in. I have also seen this on other vehicles and was wondering if anybody knows what additional testing was done?

My cars, even after being driven around the Shelby lot, had something like 9 miles on them. The last new car we bought (our Jeep in 1999) had about 6. This is typically the shuttling around to get it to the rail car and at the dealer prep. So the car showed up at the dealer with 23. They're just trying to explain why the difference.

Random quality checks are a good thing!

Or they just needed something to go to lunch.

My cars, even after being driven around the Shelby lot, had something like 9 miles on them. The last new car we bought (our Jeep in 1999) had about 6. This is typically the shuttling around to get it to the rail car and at the dealer prep. So the car showed up at the dealer with 23. They're just trying to explain why the difference.

Random quality checks are a good thing!

Or they just needed something to go to lunch.

Ford wont put a sticker on the car with the odometer reading unless they put a few miles on it. The biggest thing the sticker does is give you the EXTRA miles on your warranty!!

MM

The upper level managers at the plant get a car to take home in the evening, They have a inspection sheet to fill out. They may only put so many miles on them, When they return to the plant they are repaired if neccessary, washed if neccessary and then go to shipping. It's a very nice perk for the managers to say the least.

I have not seen this on a shelby, but I havent looked at many either. On a SHO Taures a dealer near me has, is a sticker that says this vehicle was chosen for additional testing and then has an odometer reading of like 23 miles written in. I have also seen this on other vehicles and was wondering if anybody knows what additional testing was done?

I purchased a Mustang GT in the 80's with one of those stickers. In fact I purchased that car because it had the additional testing.

From what I recall the additional mileage was not enough for it to have been driven home by a worker as a perk. I believe the Taurus you're looking at falls into the same category. The extra 15 miles do not equate to an executive perk unless he lives 7 miles away and parked the car in his driveway.

Steve

I purchased a Mustang GT in the 80's with one of those stickers. In fact I purchased that car because it had the additional testing.

From what I recall the additional mileage was not enough for it to have been driven home by a worker as a perk. I believe the Taurus you're looking at falls into the same category. The extra 15 miles do not equate to an executive perk unless he lives 7 miles away and parked the car in his driveway.

Steve

The '93 I bought new had this sticker....wish I'd saved it. It had just under 100 miles on it.

Mike

I had a 1997 Triple Black SVT Cobra with that sticker in the glove box. The reason my car had it was that it was on display at the Indy 500 that year... So, you never know...

Archived