TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My CD player is acting up.

150man

About half the time, (usually after sitting for a few days), upon starting the car, the CD player cycles through all the slots. After the cycling, everything is OK. I don't have any CD's in the thing, and can't remember even putting one in and trying it out yet. The little time I've had to drive it, I usually just listen to the exhaust and blower, or listen to the sirius radio. Anybody else notice this?

About half the time, (usually after sitting for a few days), upon starting the car, the CD player cycles through all the slots. After the cycling, everything is OK. I don't have any CD's in the thing, and can't remember even putting one in and trying it out yet. The little time I've had to drive it, I usually just listen to the exhaust and blower, or listen to the sirius radio. Anybody else notice this?

I would assume that the CD player might just be cycling through all the slots to see if there are any CDs entered so that it has a *running count* of what it has in it. I have not noticed this yet but i assume i wouldnt hear it cause it is drowned out by the sound of the car starting... such a glorious sound when it fires up. Perhaps ill go out to the garage in the next day and fire the ol girl up and see if she does the same as yours.

Take it in for service. I can tell you without any doubt that your player will jam eventually. As a former Director of Maintenance for Budget Rent-a-Car, we would have at least 20 to 30 multi-disc radios fail every month on the Lincoln LS', and the phantom disc cycling is an indication of a future failure of the CD changer.

OK, thanks. I probably ought to load it up with CD's and try it out before taking it in.

If you have no cd's,this is normal.If it's full you won't hear it.

Mine does not cycle when it's empty. Anyone else?

Mine is loaded with CD's, but a few times it has switched automatically from CD to FM radio. It normally goes right back to prior song on CD, but once it wouldn't. I needed to shut stereo off, wait a few seconds and turn power back on. Then I was able to turn CD's back on. Put away for winter right now, but if she acts up next spring I will bring it in for service. Air filter cover off right now being autographed by Mr Shelby so I can't drive her anyways. Good time to send parts out for autograph's. :shift: P.S. I have the Shaker 1000.

Take it in for service. I can tell you without any doubt that your player will jam eventually. As a former Director of Maintenance for Budget Rent-a-Car, we would have at least 20 to 30 multi-disc radios fail every month on the Lincoln LS', and the phantom disc cycling is an indication of a future failure of the CD changer.

Oh man...I LOVE that phrase...Phantom Disc Cycling.....that is awesome...I'm going to use that one.

zipdisk.wav

zipdisk.wav

Archived