TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tried to place my order this a.m.

crispy23c

Hey, everyone! Well, I tried to place my order this morning at my dealer (at 9:30 eastern time). All the codes came up, but when he tried to place it, the message was "Job1 line not ready"! :headscratch:

He said he was going to re-try around noon....So here I am, at work, PACING THE FLOORS, WALLS & CEILING!!!!! Could not confirm price as that is a function of the order response system. Here's what I am planning on ordering:

T89 Convertible

68S Premium Interior Upgrade

T8 Tuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnngsten Grey Clearcoat (saw an '06 on the lot looks GREAT w/the black top!!!)

A Black Convertible top

GW Charcoal Black Interior

7 Satin Silver Side Stripes (say that 3 times fast!!!)

That's about it because almost everything else is standard. That's the update, I'll keep you posted!!! Now, I'll just sit here and go crazy!!!!! :wacko:

Guest markham51

Hey, everyone! Well, I tried to place my order this morning at my dealer (at 9:30 eastern time). All the codes came up, but when he tried to place it, the message was "Job1 line not ready"! :headscratch:

He said he was going to re-try around noon....So here I am, at work, PACING THE FLOORS, WALLS & CEILING!!!!! Could not confirm price as that is a function of the order response system. Here's what I am planning on ordering:

T89 Convertible

T8 Tuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnngsten Grey Clearcoat (saw an '06 on the lot looks GREAT w/the black top!!!)

A Black Convertible top

That's about it because almost everything else is standard. That's the update, I'll keep you posted!!! Now, I'll just sit here and go crazy!!!!! :wacko:

Just talked to my SVT dealer where I have the number 1 car...

He has my order in! ..status "unscheduled". He tells me that means it is in Ford's system but they have no comittment to build the car yet. He is a large SVT dealer that also sells Saleens. He told me they are getting 4 cars and he has downpayment checks on them all.

He also said Ford tells them they will be building them likely beginning in June. He also told me they will be building them by color. They will be running both coupes and converts down the line at the same time but will be ordered by color. For example, all the blacks will be built, then all the reds and so on. That means I may be the first to be in the order list but may not be the first one to get my car because another customer has a color that is being produced before mine.

No pricing on the system yet....

The excitement continues!

ordered:

Tungsten Grey Coupe with full stripes (Silver)

Charcoal interior

All other options

;)

T89 Convertible

A Black Convertible top

My advice to you would be to calmly sit down, take a deep breath, open your office drawer and grab you car keys and hightail it over to the dealer. Take the rest of the afternoon off and sit on top of the dealership computer until your order is confirmed. ;)

crispy23c, your dealer can still submit the order even though job1 is not scheduled i ordered mine on friday and received the order acknowledgement today have him hit f4 to submit into the system there are three option pkgs shaker 1000, satelite radio and upgraded interior

So, he calls me back (finally). He says:

I am going on a list, at #6. Before, there was no list. They will contact me later this afternoon with details. All of a sudden, I can't order now. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I feel a screw job coming on... :censored:

Additionally, as a side note the initial allocation - he said- was to be 12-15 units, and possibly more for this dealer. So, for those of you who may have to wait (me included), there is some kind of hope.....I'm just getting really tired of getting yanked around.....I just want to order the :censored: car!!!

I am going on a list, at #6. They will contact me later this afternoon with details. Can't order now. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I feel a screw job coming on... :censored:

Additionally, as a side note the initial allocation - he said- was to be 12-15 units, and possibly more for this dealer. So, for those of you who may have to wait (me included), there is some kind of hope.....I'm just getting really tired of getting yanked around.....I just want to order the :censored: thing!!!

Hmmmmmm, that sucks the big one. Definite screw job in the making.

I am going on a list, at #6. Before, there was no list. They will contact me later this afternoon with details. All of a sudden, I can't order now. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I feel a screw job coming on... :censored:

Sounds a little like what's happening to me. I was #3 on a list. I stopped by my dealer on Saturday, and the sales manager pulls me aside to tell me they are sending back my deposit and they will be selling their GT500's on a "first come, first serve" basis. Evidently someone had a problem with how they were managing their list and got lawyers involved. WTF is that about?!?!?! :censored::censored::censored:

Sounds a little like what's happening to me. I was #3 on a list. I stopped by my dealer on Saturday, and the sales manager pulls me aside to tell me they are sending back my deposit and they will be selling their GT500's on a "first come, first serve" basis. Evidently someone had a problem with how they were managing their list and got lawyers involved. WTF is that about?!?!?! :censored::censored::censored:

Boy, sounds like they had a interest free loan from you for how many months??

D :censored: mn lawyers (present company excluded!!) I don't see how taking deposits (which was probably on a first come first serve basis) is biased more than any other way!! :nonono:

Trust me, it's not the lawyers that are making them do this... it's the almighty dollar (or Euro for our European friends) that's behind this. :angry2:

My dealer haa a list that he is going by, but he refused to take any deposits until they can actually place an order and price the car out. He thinks they may get allocation for two right away, then a third a little later.

Boy, sounds like they had a interest free loan from you for how many months??

D :censored: mn lawyers (present company excluded!!) I don't see how taking deposits (which was probably on a first come first serve basis) is biased more than any other way!! :nonono:

Trust me, it's not the lawyers that are making them do this... it's the almighty dollar (or Euro for our European friends) that's behind this. :angry2:

Yeah, they did have a nice little interest free loan for 6 months. I didn't even think about that. Those bast :censored: s.

I have a really bad feeling that this is just the beginning. The excuses and delays are just going to pour out, and I'll never get this car. My wife is going to sh :censored: t bricks if I can't get one for her.

Not like we all didn't try. :shrug:

We all tried our best, but the dealer net is just turning the screws. ..... :idea: ....... I think we would have a significantly shorter list of the dealers who kept their promises! Now, that's scary!!! :blink:

Well, FoMoCo can't blame us if we're disenchanted... :nonono: We tried to buy their products, but the dealers strangled the consumers!!!! I'm not giving up yet-- the day is still young-ish...

Not like we all didn't try. :shrug:

We all tried our best, but the dealer net is just turning the screws. ..... :idea: ....... I think we would have a significantly shorter list of the dealers who kept their promises! Now, that's scary!!! :blink:

Well, FoMoCo can't blame us if we're disenchanted... :nonono: We tried to buy their products, but the dealers strangled the consumers!!!! I'm not giving up yet-- the day is still young-ish...

Good luck to you, crispy. I think I'm just going to cry myself to sleep on my huge pilla tonight and hope for the best tomorrow.

Man, I can't believe the crap the U.S. dealers are putting you guys through.

Even though the salesman that verbally promised me I could order a Shelby last year at this time (he is no longer there), the sales manager has kept his promise to me, and my order is in, no deposit required.

He also said that the SVT dealership is remaining intact, and that only SVT dealers in Canada are getting the Shelby's (maybe KingCobra and 07Shelby can confirm this with their dealers). None of this certifying outside dealers.

This is what drew me to the SVT brand - customer service and loyalty. I enjoyed the bit of exclusivitiy and preferred treatment every time I dealt with them, and they have not let me down at any time. There are no ADM's, and my dealer didn't even bring up the subject of deposits. A man of his words is rare to come by these days, especially at a time like this.

I hope all of you get your dealers thinking with their heads on straight! And good luck ... maybe if you happened to move to Canada. My dealer said he expects names to start dropping off the list once the MSRP comes out. If this is typical at all dealers, there should be some cars unspoken for.

BTW, anybody notice that Valencia isn't on the order guide anymore?

Even though the salesman that verbally promised me I could order a Shelby last year at this time (he is no longer there), the sales manager has kept his promise to me, and my order is in, no deposit required.

He also said that the SVT dealership is remaining intact, and that only SVT dealers in Canada are getting the Shelby's (maybe KingCobra and 07Shelby can confirm this with their dealers). None of this certifying outside dealers.

This is what drew me to the SVT brand - customer service and loyalty. I enjoyed the bit of exclusivitiy and preferred treatment every time I dealt with them, and they have not let me down at any time. There are no ADM's, and my dealer didn't even bring up the subject of deposits. A man of his words is rare to come by these days, especially at a time like this.

I hope all of you get your dealers thinking with their heads on straight! And good luck ... maybe if you happened to move to Canada. My dealer said he expects names to start dropping off the list once the MSRP comes out. If this is typical at all dealers, there should be some cars unspoken for.

BTW, anybody notice that Valencia isn't on the order guide anymore?

Yeah, Canada is sounding more attractive all the time :yup:

Valencia is now called Grabber Orange. I'm pretty sure it's the same color...just different name.

Hey Doug,

Your Sales Manager is 100% correct. The Shelby will Only be Sold in Canada by Existing SVT Dealers.

I'm going to call my Sales Guy now.

Two dealers in my area today: TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS OVER STICKER!!!

They apparently have no idea how short sighted and ignorant this is. Customer resentment travels fast and far.

Spread the word - who are they!! :shrug: If enough people know about the bad dealers, good dealers will be rewarded with more business.

Guest markham51

When I ordered my cars (one in US and one in Canada) I had both dealers put it in writing that I would get the first car and left deposit checks. That way they couldn't screw me without a lawsuit on their hands. My experience in ordering a current gen Cobra (in the first year of production) taught me never to trust anything a salesman says. I was supposed to get one of the first 2 cars and ended up number 7 on the list. I was so angry with them I refused to buy one when I found out. You can't drive a convert in the winter in Canada!

It may sound a little greedy that I ordered 2 cars, but the one dealer (in US) has a history of jacking up the "market value" premium and I couldn't leave my self that vulnerable. He will call with the price (including Market value adjustment) and if I don't pay it, he'll move on to the next on the list. Of that I am certain. He may auction it as well, he did that with his first GT. He got 265K for it! My Canadian SVT dealer will charge me list.

Once MSRP is available...it will be wheeling and dealing time no doubt.

Good luck everyone.

Would you believe it was the sales manager for my SVT dealership's day off today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the :censored: were you thinking man!!!

I come first............doesn't he know that!!!!!

So......hopefully tomorrow's my day!!!!!!!

:happy feet: :yup: :happy feet: :yup: :happy feet: :yup: :happy feet:

KingCobra.

Would you believe it was the sales manager for my SVT dealership's day off today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the :censored: were you thinking man!!!

I come first............doesn't he know that!!!!!

So......hopefully tomorrow's my day!!!!!!!

:happy feet: :yup: :happy feet: :yup: :happy feet: :yup: :happy feet:

KingCobra.

Any luck today, KC?

Any luck today, KC?

NOT YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called my guy first thing this morning and he told me that he was off yesterday, just got in this morning

and therefore has not looked at the order guide yet. He said he would be doing that and would get back to me as soon as he does!!!!!!! Doesn't he know he's killing me here!!!

I'm dying here, I'm dying I tell ya!!!

Either that or I'm going to go postal!!! Hmmm, tough choice!!!

I'll keep you posted.

KingCobra.

Stopped by my dealer today and still no info on when the Canadian banks will open. He did guarantee I will never have to deal with anything like you poor southern boys. He promised I get the car and at MSRP....GUARATEED. I mentioned what you guys in the US are going through and that I won't relax until I have the order and confirmation in my hand and he started laughing...hard... then he told me to lighten up and relax. He said I may not get the car until September but once again, relax, as long as I want one, I'll get it AT MSRP! :rockon:

Nice to deal with a dealer that has a gearhead as the sales manager. :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Stopped by my dealer today and still no info on when the Canadian banks will open. He did guarantee I will never have to deal with anything like you poor southern boys. He promised I get the car and at MSRP....GUARATEED. I mentioned what you guys in the US are going through and that I won't relax until I have the order and confirmation in my hand and he started laughing...hard... then he told me to lighten up and relax. He said I may not get the car until September but once again, relax, as long as I want one, I'll get it AT MSRP! :rockon:

Nice to deal with a dealer that has a gearhead as the sales manager. :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Crap!!! I guess that means it won't happen for me either Kaylan.

As far as the rest goes, I think that's just the Canadian way. We're pretty honest folk who just tell it like it is, and stick to our word. If we're going to stick it to you, we'll do it from the front, not the back!!!

My guy has always been upfront with me too. I don't worry about it turning out the way it has been promissed (although I did get the deal for MSRP in writing), but with all of the stories from south of the border, I will feel better once it's done!!!

KingCobra.

Archived