TEAM SHELBY FORUM

After Market Clutch Recommendation...?

robjr67

My OEM clutch has had enough....started slipping this past Friday at the track and got worse each run.

I have no plans adding any more power adders to my car, I'm done. With the power I'm putting down 645rwhp, 639rwtq dyno jet, I was looking at the SPEC SS-Trim. But, I want to keep the OEM driveability, clutch feel etc.

So, let me know what after market clutch you have. Let me know about the driveability, chatter, performance, likes, dislikes etc.

Look forward to everyone's thoughts / input...

Thanks for your time,

My OEM clutch has had enough....started slipping this past Friday at the track and got worse each run.

I have no plans adding any more power adders to my car, I'm done. With the power I'm putting down 645rwhp, 639rwtq dyno jet, I was looking at the SPEC SS-Trim. But, I want to keep the OEM driveability, clutch feel etc.

So, let me know what after market clutch you have. Let me know about the driveability, chatter, performance, likes, dislikes etc.

Look forward to everyone's thoughts / input...

Thanks for your time,

My car is only making 580 rwhp and 560 rwtq. I switched to the spec single disc stage 2 plus and love it. No more hiss, you can engage the clutch smoothly from a stop, no shudder. Most of the chatter from the transmisssion tunnel at idle is gone. It was an awsome change. no track time on my car but I have put almost 70,000 miles on it. I had the TSB done at about 40,000 miles. Can't say enough good things about the switch.

I have installed the Spec 3+ in several GT500's with no issues. My previous GT500 I had 30K+ miles on the Spec with no issues. Just intalled the Spec Twin SS in MY500SS's Super Snake and love it to...no chatter, low pedal effort, no hiss...check out the thread on the install...

Alex

Archived