TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hertz Documentation

Thanks for your patience. I am a new owner of an 07 Hertz Convertible - originally out of Hawaii. I have read that one can contact Hertz to get the documentation on the car. I searched the forums but could not find the info readily. Could someone let me know how/who to reach in Hertz to obtain this valuable documentation. Many thanks, Casey

On the '07 GT-H's, the Hertz documentation was put in the trunk when they went to auction. I would contact the previous owner and see if they have it. You can try contacting Hertz as well. On the '06 GT-H's, the new owners had to request the documentation and they would send it to you. The contact at Hertz is Steve Fleske -- SFleske@Hertz.com.

Shelby Autos also has a packet for your GT-H if a previous owner has not claimed it. It contains the permanent aluminum dash plaque and several other items. I contacted Adrienne at Shelby Autos. They needed a bill of sale as proof of ownership and sent me the packet.

You can get the electronic version of your window sticker at this URL. Replace the VIN with the VIN of your GT-H.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVFT82H965999999

On the '07 GT-H's, the Hertz documentation was put in the trunk when they went to auction. I would contact the previous owner and see if they have it. You can try contacting Hertz as well. On the '06 GT-H's, the new owners had to request the documentation and they would send it to you. The contact at Hertz is Steve Fleske -- SFleske@Hertz.com.

Shelby Autos also has a packet for your GT-H if a previous owner has not claimed it. It contains the permanent aluminum dash plaque and several other items. I contacted Adrienne at Shelby Autos. They needed a bill of sale as proof of ownership and sent me the packet.

You can get the electronic version of your window sticker at this URL. Replace the VIN with the VIN of your GT-H.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVFT82H965999999

Sent Steve F. an email with all my info. Also called GM of Hertz in Hawaii. No responses yet, but we will see. Thanks very much for being patient with a newbie! Casey

Thanks for your patience. I am a new owner of an 07 Hertz Convertible - originally out of Hawaii. I have read that one can contact Hertz to get the documentation on the car. I searched the forums but could not find the info readily. Could someone let me know how/who to reach in Hertz to obtain this valuable documentation. Many thanks, Casey

• 4 weeks later...

OK - I have everything now....

I got a great package from Shelby Auto - dash plaque and certificate. (I also got my missing badges after proof - yeah!)

I got a great package from Steve at Hertz - title, window sticker and other Hertz documentation. Very nice

I also took the step of contacting the airport Hertz where the car came from - that was a good move. After getting past the customer service to a manager I got 89 pages of maintenance documents fed ex'd to me. Awesome! Every oil change and anything else - even a flat tire plug repair receipt. If you havent done this, it is worth the hit and miss and getting someone who cares enough to do this for you. In my case I persisted and found that person - thanks to Juan at Hertz!

I also took the step of having my local ford dealer run an oasis report. This picked up a few things that was not with the other documentation - mostly relating to recalls that the vehicle had been taken in for.

So, all-in-all I am a happy camper with a lot of documentation to go with my GT-H! Thanks for all the advice here that helped me!

Casey

Archived